Stiegemeier Snake bite. omfg

Status
Not open for further replies.

yellowgt02

Established Member
If you noticed the car spun in 1St and 2nd gear. so whats your point:shrug:

You better stick to you whipple and keep running 11.50's :eek: you make 588rwhp and can not use it :burnout: not trying to bash but when you count second's on a video you opened your self up for it.

hell I've ran 11.72 @ 119 on stock blower and 2.8 pulley on drag radials.

I live quite close to Fat-Cat....our track elevation here is around 3400 feet.
Usually the best days we get (early spring, and fall) only net us a DA of maybe 3000feet.

I bet that the day that he ran 11.50 (I filmed it) we were around 5000+DA.
Just take that into consideration.

Good luck on the 10's though! Your car sounds sick, especially with 4.10 gears. I think thats what Im doing next year.

-Jason

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I sincerely hope there's a lot more to the SnakeBite than just a gearing change in the front snout.......We're still basically stuck on the same issue: not enough information.

I was accepted for the SB program but just do not have enough information to commit $895. My car seems to be running fairly well with the current setup and there has been a few more improvements I've made for increased RWHP over the summer. I'm leaving some on the table as well with mediocre driving.....

Appears that the general purpose of the Stage V was to achieve the same results as a Stage III/IV, with less boost. I have not seen any proof that continueing to increasing boost levels on the Stage V has provided increased power production over the previous stages. I'm hoping the Snake Bite is not following in this mold......

Mustang Matt

Established Member
Gearing alone wouldn't change the sound.

Also stage V might not improve *peak* power but it does improve power across the board from what I've seen.

Last edited:

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Gearing alone wouldn't change the sound.

Why wouldn't it? The rotors are being spun harder much as an aggressive upper/lower combo would do. My ported blower with the 2.65/4lb is just as loud if not louder than the car in the video, seeing about the same boost.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Plenty, quite a few have been posted on here from youtube. Not going to clutter up this guys thread with my videos, do a search under my name and you'll find some.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Damm those are the best ported eaton #'s I've seen :rockon:
do you know what the weather condtions were? what kind of dyno? SAEor STD either way great #'s.
I wonder how much power I could pick up with long tube headers? any ideas?
Yeah Spencer 96stangGT has a Strong Reputation in the Ported Eaton World!
He knows his Shiate!! :rockon:

Mustang Matt

Established Member
I'm finding street racing videos but not dyno. I'd like to hear the blower. Send me a PM if you have a specific video you recommend.

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
Hell no it's not worth $1500, talking with (somebody) this morning I don't see why he wouldn't just sell the snout with the different gears instead of doing all this super secret BS. He could sell that re-geared snout for a good price and probably have tons of customers. Makes sense now why you had to be qualified and the guys like Dwight and Tractionless were told no, they were spinning the Eaton too hard for his gear change and would probably be making 30lbs of boost!

Like I said I do think its a good idea and could be beneficial, I just don't see why he was so secretive about it and made it so much. It's not like it wouldn't be figured out once they started arriving to customers.

Well duh, if he came out from the beginning and told people what they were getting, he wouldn't have drummed up as much interest and drama. It also would have been a lot harder sell knowing what you were getting for $1500.

Also about the qualification thing, I guess he didn't read mine. I got accepted but put down that I'm running (or will be running) a 2.6 upper and a 3 lb lower.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Well duh, if he came out from the beginning and told people what they were getting, he wouldn't have drummed up as much interest and drama. It also would have been a lot harder sell knowing what you were getting for $1500.

You really think he was better off doing the way he did?! He got the interest of maybe a dozen people that went ahead and pulled the trigger blind, the rest of us are so frustrated at the lack of info and drama that we wouldn't even think of paying for it. Especially at the price he's charging for what you're getting.

What he should have done in the beginning was come out saying what his product was and what it could offer. Which is a good thing, the ability to spin the Eaton hard with the reduced chance of belt slip. It might not be as drama filled as it is now, but he would have a hell of a lot more happy customers and potential customers.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
I'm finding street racing videos but not dyno. I'd like to hear the blower. Send me a PM if you have a specific video you recommend.

About all I have are track or street videos, when I'm on the dyno I'm focused on getting the car straight not filming the car sitting still. The couple of videos from MIR last year were filmed from a couple hundred feet away and you can hear the blower screaming over my O/R midpipe and Stingers.

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
You really think he was better off doing the way he did?!

Lol, I was just being a smartass. I agree with everything you said. :beer:

Just as a side note, my interest was peaked when the original snakebite thread was started but after a few days of his super secret squirrel tactics, I started to smell a rat. After a couple of weeks and still no answers, I sent my blower off to Posi for his race port.

Here we are, a month later. I have my newly ported blower sitting at the house and STILL no answers from Stieg about this snakebite package.

Last edited:

Pock

It’s an addiction
Established Member
Lol, I was just being a smartass. I agree with everything you said. :beer:

Just as a side note, my interest was peaked when the original snakebite thread was started but after a few days of his super secret squirrel tactics, I started to smell a rat. After a couple of weeks and still no answers, I sent my blower off to Posi for his race port.

Here we are, a month later. I have my newly ported blower sitting at the house and STILL no answers from Stieg about this snakebite package.

Mine went the same route and will be back on tomorrow! :rockon:

Tractionless1

Established Member
Slow,

Thanks for posting the #'s, good power for your mods. and combo. I just don't see 600whp in the works if you add TB, LT's, and 3 more psi. As you know that is what I was shooting for so I guess my questions were answered.

slowmoving1

Established Member
Slow,

Thanks for posting the #'s, good power for your mods. and combo. I just don't see 600whp in the works if you add TB, LT's, and 3 more psi. As you know that is what I was shooting for so I guess my questions were answered.

yea, 600 and eaton not going to happen.

I still feel the SB is not a bad deal if You have stock eaton and do not want to buy lower,TB,PL,long tube headers. Just my .02 cents

If you already have a bunch of mods = SB not a good mod

Tractionless1

Established Member
yea, 600 and eaton not going to happen.

I still feel the SB is not a bad deal if You have stock eaton and do not want to buy lower,TB,PL,long tube headers. Just my .02 cents

If you already have a bunch of mods = SB not a good mod

That seems to be the consensus. Glad you used Justin for your tuning, his customer service is extraordinary. Hope to see ya around town in the future. :beer:

slowmoving1

Established Member
I live quite close to Fat-Cat....our track elevation here is around 3400 feet.
Usually the best days we get (early spring, and fall) only net us a DA of maybe 3000feet.

I bet that the day that he ran 11.50 (I filmed it) we were around 5000+DA.
Just take that into consideration.

Good luck on the 10's though! Your car sounds sick, especially with 4.10 gears. I think thats what Im doing next year.

-Jason

I was just having a little fun with him.
If you run 4.10's I would get 28in tall tire. if you factor in my tire 28 inch tire my gear ratio is about 3.73

slowmoving1

Established Member
That seems to be the consensus. Glad you used Justin for your tuning, his customer service is extraordinary. Hope to see ya around town in the future. :beer:

Cool let me know if you go to the track. We will see if we can get a strong showing of cobra's at the drag strip from the Florida area.

Justin is a great tuner and a nice guy.:rockon:

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Slow,

With optimum weather conditions, more timing,different pulleys,Ported TB Plenum,and LT's 575 is defintely doable!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread