Stiegemeier Snake bite. omfg

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussZTT

Established Member
super-charger-fix.jpg

This picture is actually wrong, the air comes together at the top then exit's at the bottom. So if the red arrows pointed towards the inside, then it would be correct. :beer:

You have a point about the gearing. In my opinion above, I didn't mean change one and not the other, you are correct that wouldn't work. There are 4 main parts of the Eaton. The casing, rotors, valve and gearing. Bob said there is no change in the casing. Not sure of the rotors but they *appear* to be stock in the one pic posted. Brian (Posi) and I have pretty much maxed out the port on these chargers ( more than Bob in the previous ports) and we all know that does not add boost. So really, that only leaves one thing left, gears. I may be completely wrong in my theory but I really believe something was done to the gearing. You can't get that much boost with the stock pulley without those rotors spinning quicker.

mitrls10

"Torqued Motorsports"
Established Member
If you think about all the oldschool drag guys and small blocks who puts on a gear drive instead of chain drive for timing so I figure that woud have to be what is done was something in the gearing to make it that much louder and if he did add gear it would have to be 2 idler gears in the gaps between the center of the gears at the top and bottom to keep it from reversing the rotors.. If he was to add only 1 gear it would spin the primary the right way and secondary reverse..

slowmoving1

Established Member
well went to g-ville raceway wed t&t
temp's low 80's humidty was 75% I belive da was 19-2200 threw the night
Full weight minus the SRA about 100-120 lbs NO weight reduction
car ran 11.30's to 11.50's at 120-122 in the very poor weather condtion
1/8 mile time's were 7.3x to 7.5x at 94-97 mph

The best,and last pass11.39 @ 121, no power shifting,after I used some one eles's tire gauge. The track closed I was the last run.

I found a fualty tire pressure gauge it was 4-5 lbs off and I was spinning out of the hole bad, so used another racer gauge and it was 4-5 diffrent

It suck's that a tire gauge cost me so many runs and terrible 60 ft times.
I will go back in a few weeks and go for 10's in better weather and a new tire gauge and may be so drag springs as the cobra was was unloading the right rear bad between shifts.

Mod list

SRA
O/R H-pipe
manaflow catback
S/B port eaton,ported stock t/b and pl
3.25 upper only, NO lower
steeda CAI
Tuned by Justin @ VMP tuning

Gt super car pumps FPDM
60lbs injectors
thats it

525rwhp 533TQ SAE on dyno jet in the Florida heat

Last edited:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
good times man...at least you are happy.

they are pretty average though with the 60s and et/mph thats what I would expect.

slowmoving1

Established Member
good times man...at least you are happy.

they are pretty average though with the 60s and et/mph thats what I would expect.

next time out I'm power shifting and waiting on better weather temps and humidty were very high. the da was crary high for FL

A tire gauge cost me spinning out of the hole on every run.

Hell most 03-04 cobra do not run in Florida untill oct,nov,dec Due to heat

I will get low 1.5's 60's next time out and with better weather conditions I hope to see high 10's

Spade

Established Member
Dude that will be awesome if you crack a 10 sec run. I hoping to do to the track this friday and hit a 11.4x. Time will tell.

VADER*

*the original
Established Member
Could the snake bite have larger rotors than stock, or maybe the pitch on them is changed? Material could be added to certain areas to increase efficiency either on the rotors, or maybe the top of the case? If the rotors are smaller the rpms would go up, but I doubt the boost would.
Just speculating here :)

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Using the same rotors there is nothing else that can be done. Think about it, using the stock pulley, the rotors HAVE to be turning faster to get that much boost. Anything is possible, maybe that's why he's charging so much.

My guess, he had 2 gears machined so many teeth smaller. Since the rotors are spaced apart you can't just put smaller gears in because they wont touch. He cut the ends of the rotors, tig welded a thicker end so the gears can fit on so the gears now touch. There is your magic 17psi with a stock pulley. Of course, this is just my theory.

Here is a pic of the gears for reference.
111322_18lo.jpg

Doesnt matter if the gears have 50 teeth or 100 teeth, they both spin equally of eachother relative to the speed of the shaft/snout.

Unless Steggy did something crazy to the snout/blower casing itself and entirely re-engineered the M-112 from the ground up, im pretty confused as to what is really done to produce the gains.

JamesHell

to poor to be fast
Established Member
remove the coupler. place a "larger" gear on the drive shaft. put a "smaller gear on the front of the other gear with the two meshed gears still there. In theory this would overdrive the rotors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread