On3 twin turbo install, some thoughts, and PICS.

syclone50

Established Member
Went and made a couple more clips. Drive byes and speedo shot. The best part is my 7 year old daughter who loves the shit out of her dad's mustang!
Oh ya, check out the slap dick in the evo that drives by....nice wheels!
[video=youtube;mrrTtjj2DzE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrrTtjj2DzE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

JTS_7

Established Member
^ Mine is 5 and she begs me to drive her in it all the time. She can spot a Mustang from a mile away which is weird I've told her maybe a hand full of times what kind of car sits in the garage. Kids are smart I'll tell ya....

She always thinks we're going fast, even though we are doing 40-50mph LOL.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Went and made a couple more clips. Drive byes and speedo shot. The best part is my 7 year old daughter who loves the shit out of her dad's mustang!
[video=youtube;mrrTtjj2DzE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrrTtjj2DzE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Great vid! What you don't want blue wheels?

Love the kids and their reactions. My boys absolutely love my car too.
Good times

toomnymods

Established Member
Love the vid.. My son absolutely loves my car also, ive never floored it with him in it though. Just the rumble of the borla stinger exhaust and the arh headers ( now sold for twin install)
Bring a smile to his face. Hes only 1 1/2 and throws a damn fit anytime he sees daddy leaving in the stang and mommy wont let him go, hehe

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member

My 2 boys love riding in the car. They call my traction control the "fire" button. I'd turn it off before spraying, so they knew when we were about to go a little fast lol. But here's a little on3 drive by...
cutouts closed

[youtube_browser]ISui7xANndE[/youtube_browser]
[youtube_browser]B9S-63HKzW4[/youtube_browser]

cutouts open

[youtube_browser]SGHLWkOhHUo[/youtube_browser]

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
[youtube_browser]TPX8lPUnu9k[/youtube_browser]

Had mine out yesterday working on suspension setup.. trapped 156 at 7800DA but not much ET on that run

MRSUPRA

Established Member
Gimmie11's, I was just looking at the install pics. Did you not drop the oil pan when you installed the bungs for the oil lines? I thought it would be impossible to keep metal shavings out of the oil pan when drilling and tapping it.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
[youtube_browser]TPX8lPUnu9k[/youtube_browser]

Had mine out yesterday working on suspension setup.. trapped 156 at 7800DA but not much ET on that run

Holy shit! 60s or 67s and how much boost?

Gimmie11's, I was just looking at the install pics. Did you not drop the oil pan when you installed the bungs for the oil lines? I thought it would be impossible to keep metal shavings out of the oil pan when drilling and tapping it.

I did not drop the pan. The trick is to punch the pan and not drill it. Grease up the tap real good when cutting the threads and you should be fine.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Holy shit! 60s or 67s and how much boost?

I did not drop the pan. The trick is to punch the pan and not drill it. Grease up the tap real good when cutting the threads and you should be fine.

67's and 20psi of Colorado air. I think I have a handle on it now and looking for some decent ET's this weekend..

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Shouldn't have clicked this thread. Really makes me want to go turbo whether it by single or twins. Bad ass v8 sound with spool = death to just about any car that does have a well thought out setup.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
so... worked on the car for a couple hours today. Buttoned up a bunch of loose ends and finally got the front end put back together.

Installed new upper grille and a Roush lower grille delete. Holy shit does it change the look of the car.

Turns out I had to modify my ECU brackets and push the ECU closer to the bumper so I could get the fender well splash guard back on.

Had to modify the lower grille delete kit to make it fit behind the IC. A little cutting and welding lol.... im used to it by now.

I think it turned out so sick though... LOVE this car!

IMG_0613_zpsynz5fuul.jpg

IMG_0617_zps8uvumnv9.jpg

IMG_0616_zpsrirmdqtz.jpg

IMG_0619_zps9sa072da.jpg

IMG_0620_zpsqahmsves.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread