No Apple Keynote Thread? Iphone 7 Release/ specs

Blown 89

Established Member
Like you'll even notice the dongle with the phone in your pocket.
The dongle isn't new, the original iPhone required one and it was a gigantic pain in the ass. The phones now are huge in comparison, adding a 3" dongle to it isn't going to be pleasant.

I'm honestly shocked that nobody in your gym wears headphones. My profession puts me in the gym half to all of the day and to see someone without headphones is rare.

iPhone fans crack me up. If their phones don't have it they pass it off as some stupid features that clutters up Androids but the moment they have it they claim Apple invented it and praise it as the second coming of Christ. Then they moment Apple takes it away again they come up with all sorts of ridiculous excuses as to why they didn't ever need it in the first place. When the deletion of the headphone port was still a rumor the iPhone forums were stacked full of people complaining and hoping it wasn't true. Now that it's a reality the forums are full of threads with people praising the move as brilliant. It's pathetic really.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I do think the removal of the headphone jack was a rather odd move. Its an old standard, but its one that works very well and has no replacement that truly outperforms it in function and form. It wouldn't affect me too much personally, as I never use headphones. I think the only time I have ever used headphones with my phone in the last 8 years or so is when I was on a plane. If I make the switch, I wouldn't mind getting a set of jaybirds though lol.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Read up, Apple has begun the downward spiral. All their eggs are basically in the iPhone and YOY sales of that device is trending way down.

It may be the best selling, but Apple is returning to the hole it came from prior to the iPhone.

Annual global iPhone sales (in millions):

2007 - 1.9
2008 - 11.6
2009 - 20.7
2010 - 40
2011 - 72.3
2012 - 125
2013 - 150.3
2014 - 169.2
2015 - 231.2
2016 (to date) - 166.4

Helluva downward trend...

Blown 89

Established Member
Apple is doing fine. Their stock being classified as a value stock doesn't mean they're failing.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I agree apple is doing fine. They have plenty of cash reserves to get through any rough patch that doesn't lose them money for 10 years straight. Its still seen as a premium device, and is still today an incredibly popular device, as shown by the sales numbers. A lot of people don't like the fragmentation in the android community, or the often sub par software optimizations, and iphones have some of the best 3rd party support out there.

I don't agree with everything apple does to the iphone and its software, but there is a lot of good to be said about their strategy.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I get a free upgrade to the newest iPhone every year, so I'll go for the iPhone 7. In Jet Black. Nothing major with the new one, but the upgrades are decent IMO. iPhone users, by happy. Android users, be happy. There's room for everyone. ;-)

RX1Cobra

Established Member
The dongle isn't new, the original iPhone required one and it was a gigantic pain in the ass. The phones now are huge in comparison, adding a 3" dongle to it isn't going to be pleasant.

I'm honestly shocked that nobody in your gym wears headphones. My profession puts me in the gym half to all of the day and to see someone without headphones is rare.

iPhone fans crack me up. If their phones don't have it they pass it off as some stupid features that clutters up Androids but the moment they have it they claim Apple invented it and praise it as the second coming of Christ. Then they moment Apple takes it away again they come up with all sorts of ridiculous excuses as to why they didn't ever need it in the first place. When the deletion of the headphone port was still a rumor the iPhone forums were stacked full of people complaining and hoping it wasn't true. Now that it's a reality the forums are full of threads with people praising the move as brilliant. It's pathetic really.

I had the original iPhone and the adapter wasn't a big deal. That phone actually still lives in my garage to stream music. I'm far from a fanboy, I don't have a problem with Android. In fact I'm typing this on an Android tablet. I just don't see what the big deal is short of charging and headphones at the same time. The adapter just makes your headphone wire longer.

My iPhones have always done everything I need, have never given me problems and I'm comfortable with iOS. Great to have options... I do find it funny though when some Android fanboy comes in talking shit about other people being fanboys. Just like Chevy vs Ford buy what you want.

As for the gym i do CrossFit so it's not really practical to wear them.

Last edited:

Gary101386

Established Member
Plus the phones are coming with a set of lightning headphones as well as the adapter. I really don't see the big uproar with the jack going away...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
My only real gripes about the headphone jack being gone are that you won't be able to charge your phone and use headphones at the same time (like on a long road trip or flight) and the wireless earbuds are expensive and look easy to lose. Everything else seems like such a minor change that I have a hard time caring.

I only just recently bought my iPhone SE a couple of months ago so I would've been sitting tight either way. I'm pretty happy with it, especially coming from my 5 year old iPhone 4 that it replaced.

AAG

Established Member
This phone should've been called the iPhone 6SE. I'll wait until next year when they hopefully upgrade the screen and add wireless charging.

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
Even tho I ditched my iPhone years ago I was still rooting for them to come up with something special. What a let down. It is sad watching such an innovative company play catch up the last several years in the smartphone game. It is very odd that Apple would do away with the headphone jack and not put wireless charging. Especially since you will be unable to plug in your headphones and charge at the same time. Automobile manufacturers are even putting wireless charging in their cars now.

Anyone want to buy my red Bluetooth Powerbeats2 for cheap? I used them 3 times and put them back in the box.

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
My only real gripes about the headphone jack being gone are that you won't be able to charge your phone and use headphones at the same time (like on a long road trip or flight) and the wireless earbuds are expensive and look easy to lose. Everything else seems like such a minor change that I have a hard time caring.

I only just recently bought my iPhone SE a couple of months ago so I would've been sitting tight either way. I'm pretty happy with it, especially coming from my 5 year old iPhone 4 that it replaced.

I have the SE too. It's a good phone. Surprisingly good camera.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I have the SE also. Would still have my 5s if it didn't go swimming.
I don't want anything bigger.
I still use wire earphones and always will. Of course I still use CDs due to better quality than MP3 files.

Old school FTW

Users who are viewing this thread