No Apple Keynote Thread? Iphone 7 Release/ specs

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Ever since I started using blue tooth headphones to work out in Ive never once plugged regular headphones back into my iPhone. I honestly didn't realize what I was missing all those years. Losing the headphone jack is not a deal breaker. It really is just a matter of time till all phones go that route. Same when it comes to wireless charging.

bglf83

Established Member
Im starting to believe the apple haters are starting to outnumber the fan boys. Strange how that doesn't translate into sales being that it's the single best selling smartphone. By far.
Read up, Apple has begun the downward spiral. All their eggs are basically in the iPhone and YOY sales of that device is trending way down.

It may be the best selling, but Apple is returning to the hole it came from prior to the iPhone.

CLN 6R

Established Member
Ever since I started using blue tooth headphones to work out in Ive never once plugged regular headphones back into my iPhone. I honestly didn't realize what I was missing all those years. Losing the headphone jack is not a deal breaker. It really is just a matter of time till all phones go that route. Same when it comes to wireless charging.
This. I love my Jaybird Bluetooth earbuds. Can't believe I waited so long to get a non-wired set of earbuds. Usually if I'm listening to music (not including in my car, which is via Bluetooth) I'm either cutting grass, trimming, painting, etc, and the cord used to always get in the way and be annoying. It's awesome now without any wires. The no 3.5mm jack does not matter to me at all.

oooooh snap

Stable Genius
Established Member
Read up, Apple has begun the downward spiral. All their eggs are basically in the iPhone and YOY sales of that device is trending way down.

It may be the best selling, but Apple is returning to the hole it came from prior to the iPhone.

how can you say that when people are now signing up for monthly service charges?

imo the only "downward spiral" is the fact that it's hard for a multi-billion dollar company to increase it's profitability in large return percentages. they're not going back to any hole, any time soon.

by the way, did anybody else find it awkward when the instagram guy ripped open his hoodie to reveal a dashiki? kinda turned me off to the wwdc for a second.

Last edited:

Satyr

Established Member
Another boring looking phone. Apple has done a great job of not changing the exterior of the phone in, what, 3 generations now? Very innovative in removing the 3.5mm jack, though. Truly earth-shattering.

I will credit them on their camera, however. They've always had great cameras, and the one on the plus will likely be the best out for a while.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
So I take the transformer movies are one of the best movies ever made because they make a ton of money?

After Jobs death, it really hasn't done anything great anymore. Android used to play catch up in a lot of ways that iPhones used to be unique but it hasn't been the case lately. No doubt, it's still a great product especially for iPhone lovers like you but the innovative product it was once is long gone.

Still looking forward to try it out, pre ordering one for my dad as he's a big iPhone user. It just looks like they are playing it safe nowadays. Wouldn't be surprised if the next iPhone includes wireless charging.

Im an iphone lover? Strange. Iphone lovers are always dedicated to iphones. Ive ditched iphone on many occasions. I've went to android two different times. Went to Windows. Blackberry. Hell i even went to Amazons fire phone. Why? Because iphone lover, right?? Makes sense.

Now can you say the same? If not. Then you are nothing more than the definition of a fanboy. Im willing to give every platform a shot and see what they have to offer. I keep ending up with an iPhone because it is simply the best overall package. BY FAR.

Guys like you get sold on gimmicks. Like wireless charging. I had that 4 years ago with the Lumia 920. Guess how many times i used it. Once just to see it in action. After that it was completely pointless.

Android phones have all the great hardware specs but the os is so utterly shits that its a waste. IOS is not perfect but in comparison to android its a well oiled machine. Androids are laggy straight out of the box, filled with useless bloatware. Just look at the benchmark results. iPhones can have half the "horsepower" and be just as fast or faster.

Androids are like big fat hellcats with a ton of hp that brag about all its specs, while generally being an underperforming product for that given hp.

Iphones are more like the smaller vette with a little less hp but will OUTPERFORM and give an overall better drivers experience with less.

As for sales. Of course Android is going to have the worldwide market share. That os is whored out to ANY & EVERYONE. And a dirty useless little whore it is. If Apple were to let other manufacturers use IOS within a few years Android would be nonexistent. Id honestly go for that myself. Id love a badass LG phone with super specs running on an os as capable as ios.

Blown 89

Established Member
Did you watch the release, They include a lightning port to headphone. Not a deal breaker IMO
The original iphone required a headphone adapter and it was a pain in the ass and sucked. That dongle looks massive and if it's like every other dongle out there expect to replace them every few months. Some of you fat lindas may not use headphones but walk into a gym and try and spot ONE person working out without headphones in. Face it, the dongle is retarded. In order to shave a fraction of an inch on the phone thickness they added 3" of dongle at the end :rolleyes: They've also eliminated the ability to both charge and use headphones at the same time. Also, let's not forget that not everyone listens to music with horrific bluetooth headphones.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Apple has over 200 BILLION in cash on hand, which I believe I've read is more than any corporation ever in the history of the world. They could have a 10yr run of poor sales and still be fine.

madscotsman

Established Member
Usually if I'm listening to music (not including in my car, which is via Bluetooth) I'm either cutting grass, trimming, painting, etc, and the cord used to always get in the way and be annoying. It's awesome now without any wires. The no 3.5mm jack does not matter to me at all.

LOL, me too. I remember once accidentally cutting the cord to my headphones with my hedge trimmers when I wasn't paying attention..... DOH!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
This was bound to happen when tech spec increases in the smartphone market slowed down to a crawl. Now, let's create a new product, wireless ear buds, and remove the headphone jack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This.
No really new innovations this round.
I'll hang on to the 6 for awhile

Gary101386

Established Member
I love my iphones... I have had every single model... even got my work to switch to Iphones for our applications, but they're getting crazy expensive... $969 for the 7+ 256 gig... ouch!

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Wow, some people really go into a tizzy over something as trivial as a cell phone. :dw:

Android phones are fine but I've yet to come across one that just works as well as an iPhone. I don't know of anyone in my professional circles that use an Android phone for business. I'll probably upgrade to the 7 since I'm on the Apple Upgrade program, the lack of a headphone jack doesn't bother me. I don't even know the last time I used headphones with my phone.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
The original iphone required a headphone adapter and it was a pain in the ass and sucked. That dongle looks massive and if it's like every other dongle out there expect to replace them every few months. Some of you fat lindas may not use headphones but walk into a gym and try and spot ONE person working out without headphones in. Face it, the dongle is retarded. In order to shave a fraction of an inch on the phone thickness they added 3" of dongle at the end :rolleyes: They've also eliminated the ability to both charge and use headphones at the same time. Also, let's not forget that not everyone listens to music with horrific bluetooth headphones.

I hit the gym 5 days a week and not one person in there wears headphones. Granted it's a group exercise and music is blasting the entire time. Other than losing the ability to charge and listen to headphones I don't see what the big deal is. Like you'll even notice the dongle with the phone in your pocket.

I have a 5S and I'm on the fence about upgrading. If I do not sure if want the plus or not. I'd like the extra Ram and dual cameras but worried about the extra bulk of the phone. Decisions decisions.

Gary101386

Established Member
I hit the gym 5 days a week and not one person in there wears headphones. Granted it's a group exercise and music is blasting the entire time. Other than losing the ability to charge and listen to headphones I don't see what the big deal is. Like you'll even notice the dongle with the phone in your pocket.

I have a 5S and I'm on the fence about upgrading. If I do not sure if want the plus or not. I'd like the extra Ram and dual cameras but worried about the extra bulk of the phone. Decisions decisions.

I upgraded from the 5 to the 6+ and it felt smaller in my pocket because it was thinner and lighter.

Do it! You won't look back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Im an iphone lover? Strange. Iphone lovers are always dedicated to iphones. Ive ditched iphone on many occasions. I've went to android two different times. Went to Windows. Blackberry. Hell i even went to Amazons fire phone. Why? Because iphone lover, right?? Makes sense.

Now can you say the same? If not. Then you are nothing more than the definition of a fanboy. Im willing to give every platform a shot and see what they have to offer. I keep ending up with an iPhone because it is simply the best overall package. BY FAR.

Guys like you get sold on gimmicks. Like wireless charging. I had that 4 years ago with the Lumia 920. Guess how many times i used it. Once just to see it in action. After that it was completely pointless.

Android phones have all the great hardware specs but the os is so utterly shits that its a waste. IOS is not perfect but in comparison to android its a well oiled machine. Androids are laggy straight out of the box, filled with useless bloatware. Just look at the benchmark results. iPhones can have half the "horsepower" and be just as fast or faster.

Androids are like big fat hellcats with a ton of hp that brag about all its specs, while generally being an underperforming product for that given hp.

Iphones are more like the smaller vette with a little less hp but will OUTPERFORM and give an overall better drivers experience with less.

As for sales. Of course Android is going to have the worldwide market share. That os is whored out to ANY & EVERYONE. And a dirty useless little whore it is. If Apple were to let other manufacturers use IOS within a few years Android would be nonexistent. Id honestly go for that myself. Id love a badass LG phone with super specs running on an os as capable as ios.
Apologize, didnt think I would offend you by calling you an iPhone lover :lol1: Next time ill ask for your past before assuming. ;-) So because you dont use it, it becomes a gimmick? To a lot of people, it is useful just like NFC is. To those that dont care or can’t use it on their product, it is a “gimmick”. It is no different than the switch from the old one sided USB to the new lightning port that can be reversible. Makes things easier for pluging it in and charging except I dont need to plug anything anytime of the day, just let it rest on it. Mine is used as a clock dock as well, I have the stand. I still know people today who dont use or care for Siri.

NFC, another thing that was called a “gimmick” until it became what it is now. Same goes for the iPhone+, the bigger screen phones were called a brick, gimmick, etc. Jobs hated the idea of a big iPhone, well…. surprise surprise.

I use both products everyday and do like a lot of stuff from the iOS, I own an iPad Air 2. In reality, if it wasnt for iOS, Android wouldnt be what it is now. Same for iPhone’s, it is becoming a more hardware powerhouse thanks to the Android mfgs. But still think iPhones would be a whole different thing especially software wise if Jobs had still been alive.

I like to say, iOS is more like a locked Corvette that isnt mod friendly, does great only in what it needs to do but locked in everything else. Not talking about root/jailbreak either.

Last edited:

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I'm not worried about the headphone jack because I wear a cochlear implant that has a Bluetooth device that I use. I have an iPhone 6 and will be eligible for an upgrade in about 3 months and this is a worthy upgrade. The ONLY thing that would make the "next" iPhone near perfect for me is a 5" screen and wireless charging.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
The only thing that bothers me with some Bluetooth headphones is the audio sync. On my Powerbeats 2, there’s a small delay when watching videos.
On my Jaybirds X2 however, they’re perfectly fine.

APTX or similar powered devices are the way to go. Headphone jack give you the best audio sound still vs bluetooth devices which is why people still prefer the jack. For me, I dont mind it, I use my X2’s when running or the gym, they dont get in the way at all. Charge them every night like I do to my phone and watch.

Coiled03

Established Member
These threads are almost as good as the LEO, and religion threads around here.

:pop:

Users who are viewing this thread