New "Torque Booster" Package for Paxton / Vortech coyote cars

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Whats funny is, for a while everyone was saying "where are they at , when will they ship?" Now that they have all shipped no one has posted results...lol. Let me guess most will be waiting til spring?....lol

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I wanted to stop with power mods, but now that I have my car launching straight with only a few changes this will be my next power mod. I will probably not do this until spring since I dd my car and more lowend/ mid range torque would not be good on cold streets and tires.

Any comparision of the 3.33 6 rib vs. 3.15 8 rib. If I am going to change the belt out anyway why not upgrade to the 8 rib while i'm in there.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I wanted to stop with power mods, but now that I have my car launching straight with only a few changes this will be my next power mod. I will probably not do this until spring since I dd my car and more lowend/ mid range torque would not be good on cold streets and tires.

Any comparision of the 3.33 6 rib vs. 3.15 8 rib. If I am going to change the belt out anyway why not upgrade to the 8 rib while i'm in there.

8 rib 3.15 high traction would be "insane"

also, for the guys that have bought, I could use come cores....

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
8 rib 3.15 high traction would be "insane"

also, for the guys that have bought, I could use come cores....

If you ran the 3.15 and the stock spring in the waste gate until a motor build would that be a problem. Or to be safer go 3.33 pulley and save the 3.15 for the build.

All e85, with 93 only if traveling and not going to beat on it with 93 in the tank.

671/535 becomes?

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I made the mistake on Sunday and drove my buddies built gt500 with whipple 3.4 on it.
800+ on 93.

Still love my car, and zero chance I sell mine, but can't deny that thing is a beast.

notchy444

Established Member
Beef when I get mine ill send the core in, Maybe for some credit for new rims and tires... Im gonna be dyno'in this with the 3.33 pulley set to 10 psi on e-85 with a boss 302 intake mani... 730 RWH and 521tq on 9.1 psi as she sits. Full tripple pump return system going in at the same time.

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Just ordered the 3.15 8 rib. No plan to dyno after install, but i will report back the butt dyno numbers.

FYI butt dyno reads like a dynojet

Beefcake is making my bank account cry again. It was going to be my christmas present, but my wife knows me too well and said to buy it now.

Dtony

Established Member
I was finally able to get to the track since installing the waste gate last week.

Well the track wasn't all that great since it was a Diesel truck shootout. But I did manage 1.44 60' times and my best ever 1/8 mile time of 6.26 @ 113 mph. I picked up almost .10 and 3 mph in worse air over my previous best.

Unfortunately I am getting some pretty serious belt slip. It seems the 3.1 pulley and a 6 rib just don't work out. Around 11/12 lbs the boost gauge starts bouncing like crazy.
I was also only able to get one full run due to a new problem with the car. Every pass, almost to the finish line the TB shut and the car died. At first I thought I had a TB issue, but it turns out my stock fuel pump is dying on me.

The car was ran on pump gas with Torco on my street tune with 15 deg of timing. I am running a Boss intake shifting at 7200 in 1st, then 7500 in 2nd and 3rd.

I think once I get the belt slip fixed and run my aggressive tune I can get some 9.6~9.7s out of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BQAS-lE4GQ

Last edited:

Nasty5ohhh

Established Member
I was finally able to get to the track since installing the waste gate last week.

Well the track wasn't all that great since it was a Diesel truck shootout. But I did manage 1.44 60' times and my best ever 1/8 mile time of 6.26 @ 113 mph. I picked up almost .10 and 3 mph in worse air over my previous best.

Unfortunately I am getting some pretty serious belt slip. It seems the 3.1 pulley and a 6 rib just don't work out. Around 11/12 lbs the boost gauge starts bouncing like crazy.
I was also only able to get one full run due to a new problem with the car. Every pass, almost to the finish line the TB shut and the car died. At first I thought I had a TB issue, but it turns out my stock fuel pump is dying on me.

The car was ran on pump gas with Torco on my street tune with 15 deg of timing. I am running a Boss intake shifting at 7200 in 1st, then 7500 in 2nd and 3rd.

I think once I get the belt slip fixed and run my aggressive tune I can get some 9.6~9.7s out of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BQAS-lE4GQ

Are you using the shorter belt and have the idler moved over? I wasn't planning on upgrading do the 8 rib.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
I just installed my 3.33 pulley today with the wastegate. Numbers soon to come :banana:

I installed an o/r h pipe which was a pita bc I went full retard trying to get the passenger bolt off. Then I realized if I removed the coolant tank I wouldn't have a near 90* bend on the swivel :D.

Nasty5ohhh

Established Member
Yes, And I Still Slip. I Am Going 8 Rib This Winter.

I remember 2FST 4U was running the 3.1 in the last hole on his car with the stock belt with no slip on the 6 rib. You're in the last idler as well or just one over with the shorter belt?

Dtony

Established Member
I remember 2FST 4U was running the 3.1 in the last hole on his car with the stock belt with no slip on the 6 rib. You're in the last idler as well or just one over with the shorter belt?

With The 100" Belt I Am In The Middle Idler Hole And The Belt Barely Fits, Its Extremely Tight. Omar Put Vht On His Belt To Help. I Am Trying That Also This Weekend.

In Reality I Need The 8 Rib. Thats The Right Way To Fix It.

Nasty5ohhh

Established Member
With The 100" Belt I Am In The Middle Idler Hole And The Belt Barely Fits, Its Extremely Tight. Omar Put Vht On His Belt To Help. I Am Trying That Also This Weekend.

In Reality I Need The 8 Rib. Thats The Right Way To Fix It.

Let us know how that goes.

Shaun@AED

Had one of these setups on the dyno yesterday.
Below is a run with the 3.33 pulley and 9.7lb Wastegate spring on E85 vs another run on the same tune where I pinched the Boost line to the Wastegate to achieve full boost. *Note* I let out early as we ran out of fuel pump. We typically see these setups peak a few hundred RPM higher than the attached graph.

Jesse333PaxtonWastegate_zpse3ca1f08.jpg

My Impressions:
Sure does give up a LOT of top end power for a small bump in torque. Not an ideal setup for a 1/4 mile drag race IMO.

Otherwise tuning was a breeze.

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Had one of these setups on the dyno yesterday.
Below is a run with the 3.33 pulley and 9.7lb Wastegate spring on E85 vs another run on the same tune where I pinched the Boost line to the Wastegate to achieve full boost. *Note* I let out early as we ran out of fuel pump. We typically see these setups peak a few hundred RPM higher than the attached graph.

Jesse333PaxtonWastegate_zpse3ca1f08.jpg

My Impressions:
Sure does give up a LOT of top end power for a small bump in torque. Not an ideal setup for a 1/4 mile drag race IMO.

Otherwise tuning was a breeze.

i'm not reading exactly what your saying about pinching a line.

Is this a dyno graph from a stock 3.8 pulley vs the wastegate? or a 3.33 vs a pinched 3.33?

we picked up .37 in the 1/4 with this compared to the stock pulley, which almost .4 in the 1/4 is quite the pickup.

The goal of this is to limit the boost to stock like boost, but a bump in the low and mid range.

if you have an engine that can hold a 3.33 pulley, there isn't a point to having the waste gate

EDIT:

The more I read your post and look at the graph, i'm assuming that was a 3.33 vs 3.33 wastegated.

This graph is from our car pulley with the stock 3.8 pulley which saw 9.8 psi peak boost, vs the wastegate 3.33 pulley at 9.7 psi.

Obviously it picked up quite a bit, along with .37 in the 1/4 and over 5 mph. Dtony had his out last week on his v3, and was a tenth or so up in the 1/8 on the smaller v3 head unit.

This is what the wastegate was designed to do. Keep stock boost, but coming on earlier. It would make no sense to have a wastegate on a car that can handle the 3.33. You'd want to compare to the graph of the car with the stock pulley on it.

gateboth.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread