New "Torque Booster" Package for Paxton / Vortech coyote cars

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
LOL at irresponsible.
2200lb inertia drum runs with me closely watching things while running quality fuel is not irresponsible.

It is true changing pulies changes the efficiency of the blower. By how much depends on the change and you can read the compressor map to get an idea of this change. You could actually increase the efficiency and make more power per lb/boost in the right circumstance, but you can easily go the opposite way as well. Having the wastegate post intercooler does not help with effiency of the intercooler either.

I think this is a fine setup for those that want more TQ and LOWER peak RPM, but take an A6 that's shifted at 7600 (because it makes peak power at 7400+) and you will greatly effect ET/MPH by going with a wastegated setup as Peak RPM will be significantly reduced, which means gear and shift point changes, not simply a bolt on and go run faster. Sure, power will be increased up to that point, but why limit RPM? And if you want more TQ why not go with a possitive displacement blower or Turbo?

Centrifical blowers are the only supercharges that gain boost with RPM and IMO that's their only benfit over a TVS or Whipple, so why take that away from them?

to say that 783 rwhp on a stock engine is perfectly safe is absolutely ridiculous.

I still don't understand how you cannot grasp the concept here. It's not a bolt on and go. You need a retune

1) Because the load on the low end torque will be too much with the same timing

2) The car is going to need more fuel.

As far as limiting RPM you are not limiting RPM. As far as how it will perform, It's going to perform better.

We tested the setup and picked up OVER 5 MPH and .37 in the quarter with .1 less peak boost. dtony with a less efficient head unit, ran over a tenth better in the 1/8 mile.

The other guys that haven't hit the track or dyno, but tuned on the street have told me the cars are ridiculously quicker than they were before.

If you think it's safe to run 12 or 13 psi of boost, then your customer do not need this setup. They can simply pulley down to a 3.33 and go get after it for the week or 2 that their engines stay together.

This setup is not for those people. For crying out loud, the car you just tuned was making 550 rwhp and now it's making nearly 700 with equal boost, and your saying the car won't pick up in the 1/4......... LOL. That car made peak power at 7500, now it makes peak power at 6500, but I can guarantee you the car runs a hell of a lot quicker than it did before....

Shaun@AED

It runs quicker because I tuned it on E85.

We can agree to disagree.

Track results from customers will tell the tail. I can patiently wait.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
:pop:

Well anyways, the car runs amazing now. It's comparable to when I went na to blower as far as butt dyno goes. I stay low on the rpms when I get into it so the power curve is good with me.

D98GT

Established Member
Larrys just upset that I can spin the rollers faster than his car. I'll EVENTUALLY do my wastegate setup after I get my car back :(

Shaun@AED

Boosted M6's are not easy to get down the track effectively, so we've got to give them a little slack. ;-)

I'm glad you are happy with the results Jesse. In the end, a happy customer is all that matters.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
:pop:

Well anyways, the car runs amazing now. It's comparable to when I went na to blower as far as butt dyno goes. I stay low on the rpms when I get into it so the power curve is good with me.

Very nice! Can't wait to see what she does at the track! :0

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
Larrys just upset that I can spin the rollers faster than his car. I'll EVENTUALLY do my wastegate setup after I get my car back :(

Yeah us Texas boy's are just all dyno queens haha :beer:

Boosted M6's are not easy to get down the track effectively, so we've got to give them a little slack. ;-)

I'm glad you are happy with the results Jesse. In the end, a happy customer is all that matters.

Yeah we know Shaun but they don't give us slack because we drive an auto. ;-)

I guess one more track outting and I'm gonna give the wastegate with a 11lb spring a shot.

Hell if we don't see any improvement over the 3.6 pulley I'll be surprised because Coyote 13 rwhp was almost equal and had me by 60tq, all being on the 9lb spring, so the 11lb spring should be even better.

Last edited:

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
Bunch of assholes lol

Apparently thats the word on the street, started posting in the smackdown section this week, and seen all the coyote haters....This is what I came out of it, that all coyote owners are asshole's that don't know nothing, and no way they make that much power with just a blower. :beer:

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
Apparently thats the word on the street, started posting in the smackdown section this week, and seen all the coyote haters....This is what I came out of it, that all coyote owners are asshole's that don't know nothing, and no way they make that much power with just a blower. :beer:

Yep the problem is all the numbers are made up <sarcasm>.

Anyways I like to rev mine to 7k. I was thinking about running the wastegate at 11psi to keep the top end torque a little higher and even make a little bit more power. When I was running the stock 3.8 it felt like the car fell on its face above 6k....then again that may of been due to the JPC tune.

mhyjek

Established Member
LOL at irresponsible.
2200lb inertia drum runs with me closely watching things while running quality fuel is not irresponsible.

It is true changing pulies changes the efficiency of the blower. By how much depends on the change and you can read the compressor map to get an idea of this change. You could actually increase the efficiency and make more power per lb/boost in the right circumstance, but you can easily go the opposite way as well. Having the wastegate post intercooler does not help with effiency of the intercooler either.

I think this is a fine setup for those that want more TQ and LOWER peak RPM, but take an A6 that's shifted at 7600 (because it makes peak power at 7400+) and you will greatly effect ET/MPH by going with a wastegated setup as Peak RPM will be significantly reduced, which means gear and shift point changes, not simply a bolt on and go run faster. Sure, power will be increased up to that point, but why limit RPM? And if you want more TQ why not go with a possitive displacement blower or Turbo?

Centrifical blowers are the only supercharges that gain boost with RPM and IMO that's their only benfit over a TVS or Whipple, so why take that away from them?
Oil pump gears would be my 1st reason and 2nd more low end for everyday driving. I know you have forgot more things about tuning these cars then I can comprehend. For the money and safety factor it makes sense work the blower harder lose some top end but get things going in the power bad 700-1000 rpms earlier. Also wouldn't changing the TVIC settings for more boost lower in the rpm band move peak TQ lower, more like NA because all of the graphs I see have peak TQ around 5800-6200 with the boost coming on earlier I would think peak could be moved down to 4800-5200? NA depending on setup graphs make 95% of the tq by 4k.

rfugio68

Established Member
Hey beef, How much power do you think the coyote would make with the beefcake special + torque booster with the 7psi spring? I plan on buying a polished kit from you come tax season and am just gathering knowledge at the moment. Reason for 7psi spring idea is because i want my car to be as "safe" and reliable as possible since i drive ~1500 miles a month and would like the extra power from boost without sacrificing reliability.

BigmotoXer

Established Member
Speaking of assholes. :nonono: Or a dumbass trying to be a smartass.

Dood you should slow your roll. I'm building my engine as we speak, using paxton 2200, and i find(unlike some)the use of a small pulley and boosting earlier/sooner then using a wastegate to prevent over boost better for my way of driving. In short= I was pickin up what you were putting down...agreeing w/you damn U paranoid schizophrenic :nonono:

Deranged2013

Established Member
Dood you should slow your roll. I'm building my engine as we speak, using paxton 2200, and i find(unlike some)the use of a small pulley and boosting earlier/sooner then using a wastegate to prevent over boost better for my way of driving. In short= I was pickin up what you were putting down...agreeing w/you damn U paranoid schizophrenic :nonono:

Easy. Looked like you where making a dig at me with the :lol:. Not paranoid, just an ass when someone posts a smartass post. Good luck with your build:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread