New "Torque Booster" Package for Paxton / Vortech coyote cars

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Team Beefcake Racing's Custom "Torque Booster" package takes your Vortech and Paxton Coyote's to the next level.

Our custom package comes complete with a high quality Tial Wastegate with an upgraded aluminum flange. This wastegate is tig welded inside and out and double wall reinforced to handle the heavy weight of the Tial Wastegate. The setup comes setup @ your choice of 8.4 or 9.7 psi of boost. Additional springs are included that can set the wastegate up from anywhere between 7 to 20psi. The 9.7 psi is what we like to see stock engine coyotes capped at.

No peak timing changes are needed for spring setups that peak at the same boost that your currently running, but we do suggest you have your tuner lower initial timing due to the increased torque load.

Our setup also include a 6 or 8 rib 3.33 inch pulley. Your OEM 103" belt will work with moving the idler in, but the optimal belt length is a 100" belt. We prefer the gates green belt, and it is an option we can provide with the kits.

This setup comes already set up with additional vacuum fittings and tubing pre installed so that all you have to do is unbolt your existing intercooler pipe, and replace with this one.

Our shop car which was used for the initial testing featured a Vortech JT trim head unit (same flow as a 2200 Paxton unit). This car was equipped with long tube headers and stock intake. It was dyno'd originally with the air filter off. With a peak boost of 9.88 psi, the car made 577 rwhp and 455 ft/lbs on 16 degrees max timing. With our custom setup, the same car dyno'd with a peak boost of 9.71 psi, and the car made 601rwhp and an astounding 532 ft/lbs or torque. Total peak hp pickup was 24 but midrange horsepower picked up 89 to the tires. Peak torque picked up 77 ft/lbs, but was up as much as 86 throughout the power band.

Our test car weighed in at 4025 lbs. Our initial track times were a best of [email protected] mph. With our custom setup, the car ran [email protected]. Both tunes had peak timing of 16 degrees, nice and conservative. That is a gain of .37 tenths and over 5 mph!

Corrected DA for the initial runs was 1565 ft. Corrected DA for the upgrade runs was 1595.

Setups are custom built to order and usually ship within 10 business days. This allows you the choice of color and pulley combination. For those wanting to upgrade to an 8 rib setup at the same time, please check out our "Torque Booster Plus" package.

Torque Booster
Team Beefcake Racing "Torque Booster" for 2011-2014 Mustang 5.0's with Vortech / Paxtons

Torque Booster Plus
Team Beefcake Racing "Torque Booster Plus" for 2011-2014 Mustang 5.0's with Vortech / Paxtons (Includes 8 Rib Upgrade)

I included some graphs to give guys an idea of the pickup.

Power Only
gatepower.jpg

Torque Only
gatetorque.jpg

Combined Graph
gateboth.jpg

mvr.jpg

mvrb.jpg

Last edited:

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Team Beefcake Racing's Custom "Torque Booster" package takes your Vortech and Paxton Coyote's to the next level.

Our custom package comes complete with a high quality Tial Wastegate with an upgraded aluminum flange. This wastegate is tig welded inside and out and double wall reinforced to handle the heavy weight of the Tial Wastegate. The setup comes setup @ your choice of 8.4 or 9.7 psi of boost. Additional springs are included that can set the wastegate up from anywhere between 7 to 20psi. The 9.7 psi is what we like to see stock engine coyotes capped at.

No peak timing changes are needed for spring setups that peak at the same boost that your currently running, but we do suggest you have your tuner lower initial timing due to the increased torque load.

Our setup also include a 6 or 8 rib 3.33 inch pulley. Your OEM 103" belt will work with moving the idler in, but the optimal belt length is a 100" belt. We prefer the gates green belt, and it is an option we can provide with the kits.

This setup comes already set up with additional vacuum fittings and tubing pre installed so that all you have to do is unbolt your existing intercooler pipe, and replace with this one.

Our shop car which was used for the initial testing featured a Vortech JT trim head unit (same flow as a 2200 Paxton unit). This car was equipped with long tube headers and stock intake. It was dyno'd originally with the air filter off. With a peak boost of 9.88 psi, the car made 577 rwhp and 455 ft/lbs on 16 degrees max timing. With our custom setup, the same car dyno'd with a peak boost of 9.71 psi, and the car made 601rwhp and an astounding 532 ft/lbs or torque. Total peak hp pickup was 24 but midrange horsepower picked up 89 to the tires. Peak torque picked up 77 ft/lbs, but was up as much as 86 throughout the power band.

Our test car weighed in at 4025 lbs. Our initial track times were a best of [email protected] mph. With our custom setup, the car ran [email protected]. Both tunes had peak timing of 16 degrees, nice and conservative. That is a gain of .37 tenths and over 5 mph!

Corrected DA for the initial runs was 1565 ft. Corrected DA for the upgrade runs was 1595.

Setups are custom built to order and usually ship within 10 business days. This allows you the choice of color and pulley combination. For those wanting to upgrade to an 8 rib setup at the same time, please check out our "Torque Booster Plus" package.

Torque Booster
Team Beefcake Racing "Torque Booster" for 2011-2014 Mustang 5.0's with Vortech / Paxtons

Torque Booster Plus
Team Beefcake Racing "Torque Booster Plus" for 2011-2014 Mustang 5.0's with Vortech / Paxtons (Includes 8 Rib Upgrade)

I included some graphs to give guys an idea of the pickup.

Power Only
gatepower.jpg

Torque Only
gatetorque.jpg

Combined Graph
gateboth.jpg

mvr.jpg

mvrb.jpg

For YEARS I've wondered why no one has done this

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
Nice I've been waiting for You guys to do this:thumbsup:.

-So the wastegate just bleeds off once it hits about 9.5 lbs?
-Remove and block off the stock bypass?
-How many holes does the pulley need to be moved for that size pulley with stock (paxton) belt?

Those are some impressive gains.

Last edited:

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
I've been drinking home made shine.... Is it me or are those graphs backwards? Wouldn't the upgrade make more power? Or am I missing something.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Yeah why is the power dropping off before 7000 rpms with the waste gate added?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
typically with a centri car, you are making peak boost right at the end of the power band, and we are ramping timing in as well

with this setup, timing is a steady 16 degrees all the way through

boost peaks at 6600 vs 7200, and it's pretty steady from 6200 on, even though it carries out, timing isn't ramping any more, the boost carries out and stays steady, the curve will just be different.

we plan on a boss 302 intake next. should be a fun test there as well

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
The red car probably has the stock intake manifold. Very nice setup terry.

tvanlant

Established Member
Great research. Do you have a graph of the 2 boost curves?

What size/model wastegate does it come with?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
yes, boost is at the bottom, we are going to be testing out the 3.15 high grip pulley for the 8 rib guys, should get even nastier.

The 3.33 is the smallest we feel will be effective with the 6 rib guys and vortech superchargers. Anything more and the 6 rib may get a little slip. The vortech will also be out of it's efficiency range. Overall, the 3.33 is a great pulley setup for what we are doing here.

the belt is tight, the 100" is perfect though, you will more than likely need to walk the belt on the alternator pulley, but you should have 0 issues with slip, especially with the green belt.

Last edited:

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I would like to see the 3.15 in pulley on the 8rib because that's the setup I would go for LOL. Boost by gear would also be nasty for the manuals.

CPRsm

I agree should be more 350 max 400...but def a nice piece

That would be kinda hard. That Tial 44mm gate is about 350 by itself before shipping to the guy who spends 2 hrs welding on the reinforcement plate, bov flange, cutting the hole, blending the inside then cleaning it all out and bead roller the ends. Don't forget the cost of the tube ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread