New "Torque Booster" Package for Paxton / Vortech coyote cars

331coupe

Established Member
That car made peak power at 7500, now it makes peak power at 6500, but I can guarantee you the car runs a hell of a lot quicker than it did before....

You are correct, the fact that some don't understand this concept means they're dyno queens and do not race, or at least don't understand racing. The object in drag racing is to put as much power in a car a soon as possible, this system does that. Obviously if you have a built motor and can run a small pulley already and your engine can handle whatever boost you can throw at it, then yes this system isn't going to be good for you.

Deranged2013

Established Member
thanks dood :rockon:

No problem. Sorry for over reacting. Again, Hope all goes well with your paxton build. I'm still undecided on my build. One day it's Paxton, the next it's TVS, and the next it's a NA Build with cams. Guess I'll know what the hell I'm doing when what ever I buy ends up on my door step. Then I'll be decided. It all looks good though.

331coupe

Established Member
No problem. Sorry for over reacting. Again, Hope all goes well with your paxton build. I'm still undecided on my build. One day it's Paxton, the next it's TVS, and the next it's a NA Build with cams. Guess I'll know what the hell I'm doing when what ever I buy ends up on my door step. Then I'll be decided. It all looks good though.

You sound like me for the longest...Couldn't decide if I wanted to do turbo, centri, or N/A. I think it would be awesome to do a bad as N/A motor and make like 500rwhp, but the price to do it just doesn't make sense when you can boost one and make more for the same money. I finally figured out I wanted to go the turbo route and about that time grenaded a race car motor so there went those funds. Now with the 2015 pics being released in December I'm going to hold off on doing anything til I see if I like the 15 or not. I figure ain't no since in dropping 7k+ now only to get rid of it when the 15 comes out (if I like it that is)

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
i think that pd blowers and centri blowers for the 2011-2014 will fit the 2015 with minor modifications. i could be totally wrong

331coupe

Established Member
i think that pd blowers and centri blowers for the 2011-2014 will fit the 2015 with minor modifications. i could be totally wrong

You may be right, I was looking at doing a turbo setup though. Either way, I figure waiting 1 month or so til the pics come out to decide whether I like it or not won't hurt...I've already waited this long.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
But ya know what the suspension is irs for the 15 model so supporting mods to handle the extra power will be late coming to the table!

331coupe

Established Member
But ya know what the suspension is irs for the 15 model so supporting mods to handle the extra power will be late coming to the table!

Got a race car so I'm not doing it really for drag strip purposes. I'm sure I could always swap that IRS out if need be though.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member

it really depends how good ford builds the irs. i have seen camaros run alot of power thru the stock irs. and those are heavy ass cars. hopefully ford keeps the drag racers in mind when setting up the irs for this cars. idk we will see i guess.

Dtony

Established Member
Here's a time slip from running my "torque booster" today. The DA on this pass was right at 800. The car is a monster.

I am still getting some belt slip up top, the next step is an 8 rib conversion. The 6 rib just can't hold with the 3.1 pulley.

So today I picked up almost .2 in the 1/8th from my pre-WG best. And .1 in the qtr with some belt slip. my previous PB was also at a DA of 50 compared to 800 today. The car is seeing right at 12 lbs, but it comes on almost instantly.

This was also with the Boss intake and short shifting at 7200 due to going lean at high rpms. At this point I think the car will go 9.50s with this setup once I get a fuel system and 8 rib.

The car is insane off the line.

975.jpg

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Hey beef, How much power do you think the coyote would make with the beefcake special + torque booster with the 7psi spring? I plan on buying a polished kit from you come tax season and am just gathering knowledge at the moment. Reason for 7psi spring idea is because i want my car to be as "safe" and reliable as possible since i drive ~1500 miles a month and would like the extra power from boost without sacrificing reliability.

not for sure, haven't tried that yet.

should be interesting though.

Here's a time slip from running my "torque booster" today. The DA on this pass was right at 800. The car is a monster.

I am still getting some belt slip up top, the next step is an 8 rib conversion. The 6 rib just can't hold with the 3.1 pulley.

So today I picked up almost .2 in the 1/8th from my pre-WG best. And .1 in the qtr with some belt slip. my previous PB was also at a DA of 50 compared to 800 today. The car is seeing right at 12 lbs, but it comes on almost instantly.

This was also with the Boss intake and short shifting at 7200 due to going lean at high rpms. At this point I think the car will go 9.50s with this setup once I get a fuel system and 8 rib.

The car is insane off the line.

975.jpg

awesome 60'!!!!!! very nice runs

Shaun@AED

Perhaps an illustration would help convey what I'm talking about:

Typical Paxton 1/4 mile:
Shifting at 7550 in 2nd results in a shift recovery point of 5175RPM (locked converter) in 3rd.
A6Shiftrecovery_zps55cd314f.gif

If you lose 1000 usable RPM with the Wastegated setup and reduce shift points accordingly here is an illustration of the power at shift recovery using Beef's test dyno graph: (75HP less on shift recovery)
Blue line = 3.8" Non-wastegate shift recovery HP (shifted at 7550RPM)
Red line = 3.33" Wastegate shift recovery HP (shifted at 6550RPM)
gateboth_zps0dd35f31.gif

Wastegated setup would have to shift 650-700RPM later (7200+) to *match* HP on the shift recovery as the Non-wastegated setup.

Shifting earlier also affects optimal gearing for 1/4 mile. Changing gears affects torque multiplication.

Think it doesn't lose that much RPM? Previously posted 3.6" vs 3.33 Wastegate shows 1275 RPM difference in peak HP.
36E85vs333Wastegate_zps208c0f5c.jpg

A stiffer wastegate spring vs pulley used will help with power at RPM, as well as a Boss IM, which is what I would recommend with this setup. And the Boss will make slightly less low/midrange TQ, so there goes some of the TQ you just gained.

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Perhaps an illustration would help convey what I'm talking about:

Typical Paxton 1/4 mile:
Shifting at 7550 in 2nd results in a shift recovery point of 5175RPM (locked converter) in 3rd.
A6Shiftrecovery_zps55cd314f.gif

If you lose 1000 usable RPM with the Wastegated setup and reduce shift points accordingly here is an illustration of the power at shift recovery using Beef's test dyno graph: (75HP less on shift recovery)
Blue line = 3.8" Non-wastegate shift recovery HP (shifted at 7550RPM)
Red line = 3.33" Wastegate shift recovery HP (shifted at 6550RPM)
gateboth_zps0dd35f31.gif

Wastegated setup would have to shift 650-700RPM later (7200+) to *match* HP on the shift recovery as the Non-wastegated setup.

Shifting earlier also affects optimal gearing for 1/4 mile. Changing gears affects torque multiplication.

Think it doesn't lose that much RPM? Previously posted 3.6" vs 3.33 Wastegate shows 1275 RPM difference in peak HP.
36E85vs333Wastegate_zps208c0f5c.jpg

A stiffer wastegate spring vs pulley used will help with power at RPM, as well as a Boss IM, which is what I would recommend with this setup. And the Boss will make slightly less low/midrange TQ, so there goes some of the TQ you just gained.

Again, your completely missing the point of this setup.

1) Compared to the "STOCK 3.8 PULLEY", we adjusted fuel and timing in the tune to compensate. We changed nothing with the shift points.

THE CAR PICKED UP .37 IN THE QUARTER AND OVER 5 MPH.

That says it all.

2) Now your comparing the wastegate spring for a 3.8 pulley with a 3.6 pulley. If someone is running 3.6" pulley of boost, then their spring setup would be different than the one that was dyno'd in this graph.

Just like dtony, he's already running more boost out of the v3, so he changed the spring setup in his to reflect that same peak boost. He picked up .2 in the 1/8 mile.

So, the 2 people that have been to the track that I know of, me and dtony, have both picked up ET. That's what matters.

The setup works as it's designed too. Limit peak boost, and pick up power / torque / et.

Users who are viewing this thread