MGW.....Install.......Tomorrow......

ViciousJay

Established Member
sorry for your loss sid. Great videos btw I will be looking forward to the review. I put the payment in for the shifter and they said it should be arriving sometime late this week.

EDIT: just watched the beginning of the first vid and answered my own question lol

they told me that last week, im getting a bit impatience

LSwat

Established Member
So are you guys the test group? Or is this the completed product and you guys are the first wave?

Last edited:

JB2012

Established Member
According to George (not sure if I read it here or on another forum), these are full production units, not some beta product. He is waiting for feedback from these 50 before releasing to the public because he wants to make sure that what he likes matches with what the majority of mustang owners like. At the moment however, no more development in the plan for this shifter, aka it's done unless all 50 come back requesting a change.

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
According to George (not sure if I read it here or on another forum), these are full production units, not some beta product. He is waiting for feedback from these 50 before releasing to the public because he wants to make sure that what he likes matches with what the majority of mustang owners like. At the moment however, no more development in the plan for this shifter, aka it's done unless all 50 come back requesting a change.

WHAT HE SAID!!! :beer:

GEORGE

ViciousJay

Established Member

call me crazy but that still sounds like beta to me bro

JB2012

Established Member
Yea, it sounds beta-ish to me too, but my understanding was there are no more plans for other phases, like closed beta's or release candidates (pulling from software development terms, but that's really where "beta" came from). Super subtle, just repeating George's sentiments that these 50 are completed product.

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
George i will make a suggestion before receiving mine and that is i would like a taller handle if possible even if its 3/4 of an inch higher

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
George i will make a suggestion before receiving mine and that is i would like a taller handle if possible even if its 3/4 of an inch higher

i will see about making some taller handles but i REALLY think you need to try this thing before making ANY suggestions. like i stated in the s197 forum, i really went all out trying all sorts of combos for height and springs and even TRavis ( SID) said the taller handle did not feel nearly as good as the height we settled on.

but again ill take any input and offer options .

but guys these are NOT beta units!!! i have been testing this thing for over 8 months and it is a fully production ready unit. the only reason i am holding off on any new runs is that just like this topic...if EVERYBODY or at least over 40 percent say hey " make the handle 1/2 or 3/4 inch or whatever taller shorter fatter skinnier " then ill offer it. otherwise the units go into the next production batch.

george

and jay you still have not called me to tell me WHO you are ...i dont knopw your full name so i cant tell you or even respond to options . yours may have shipped yesterday or today but let me know by pm or something and ill make sure!!

ViciousJay

Established Member
i will see about making some taller handles but i REALLY think you need to try this thing before making ANY suggestions.

im only saying htis because i have an issue with the stocker right now, i have a bear paw and power shifting can be tricky because it seems the stock shifter already sits lower (they say its like a short throw already) sometimes because of the style my hand hits the inside of the shifters base

SaleenGT2001

Established Member
any idea on price and availability assuming the "test" group likes everything? i'm itching to buy a shifter after seeing the barton one a few weeks ago. how long till everyone else can get a MGW??

jj6077

Established Member
im not too sure, but i think i payed 330 dollars and the actual price is going to be 380 once released. dont quote me I remember vaguely.

Users who are viewing this thread