MGW.....Install.......Tomorrow......

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
current production of run 100 units is slated for end of the month.

we already have 60 plus preorders so if you are dragging your feet dont complain when this run is sold out also. i am not going to run more than 100 units at a time . i want to make every shifter right and not rush to make a buck!!! :poke:

george

corruptor

Established Member
For you guys that have installed the MGW, and previously had the 1->2 shift "nibble" did this eliminate that? I have the annoying nibble/crunch when shifting 1->2, which I've been working around by double clutching the 1->2 shift. If I don't double clutch and I'm driving from a cold start, it will feel like there's something catching when engaging 2nd gear. I've heard others describe this as clutch engagement/disengagement or synchro issues, but nothing definitive.

BlackMamba3

Established Member
For you guys that have installed the MGW, and previously had the 1->2 shift "nibble" did this eliminate that? I have the annoying nibble/crunch when shifting 1->2, which I've been working around by double clutching the 1->2 shift. If I don't double clutch and I'm driving from a cold start, it will feel like there's something catching when engaging 2nd gear. I've heard others describe this as clutch engagement/disengagement or synchro issues, but nothing definitive.

From what I've heard, installing the MGW shifter has made things alot more stiff and shifts are alot more firm and chrisp. Having said that, I'd look into purchasing one and also, you might want to change out your transmission fluid.

corruptor

Established Member
PHP:
From what I've heard, installing the MGW shifter has made things alot more stiff and shifts are alot more firm and chrisp. Having said that, I'd look into purchasing one and also, you might want to change out your transmission fluid.

Forgot to mention I already drained the stock fluid and put in Redline MTL, also installed Barton rear bracket. Also disconnected skip shift. Just don't want to install the MGW shifter and have it not do anything and have Ford dick me around at some point.

BlackMamba3

Established Member
PHP:

Forgot to mention I already drained the stock fluid and put in Redline MTL, also installed Barton rear bracket. Also disconnected skip shift. Just don't want to install the MGW shifter and have it not do anything and have Ford dick me around at some point.

I'd still look into installing the shifter. Even with the Barton bracket, you still have the stock shifter/shifter housing and it's nowhere near the quality of the MGW shifter assembly. I do like the fact that you put in the MTL fluid already because reading other threads, people who had their tranny fluid replaced were rid of synchro issues and other problems. Personally, I'd give the MGW a chance.

zilla8

Established Member
The MGW shifter has eliminated the 1-2 shift issue for me.It never was much of a problem if I allowed the car to warm up for a few minutes and I had actually found a way to avoid it for the most part.

I think having a upgraded clutch (Mcleod RXT) and the MGW shifter combine to make the MT-82 perform like it should.

Last edited:

AKAJoe

Established Member
shifting issues

Please help.

I traded a 2011 Mustang V6 for a 2012 Mustang GT and both have the same shifting issues. One shift will be butter smooth and the next notchy. I had a JHR shifter/bracket w/MTL fluid on the 2011 and I have the MGW shifter on the 2012. Do I need to buy a new clutch? I'm also looking at Redline Lightweight Shockproof fluid. Any opinions are appreciated.

Thanks for running such a friendly site.

Mattz

Established Member
Please help.

I traded a 2011 Mustang V6 for a 2012 Mustang GT and both have the same shifting issues. One shift will be butter smooth and the next notchy. I had a JHR shifter/bracket w/MTL fluid on the 2011 and I have the MGW shifter on the 2012. Do I need to buy a new clutch? I'm also looking at Redline Lightweight Shockproof fluid. Any opinions are appreciated.

Thanks for running such a friendly site.
You can run the Redline MTL on the 2012, as you know, it seems to be getting good reviews on this website with helping with the shifts being notchy. Shouldn't need a different clutch. My car is a bit notchy going into second and third gear sometimes, it honestly doesn't bother me.

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
Installed my mgw shifter today and man is it night and day difference! Shifter feels great and I can now power shift into 4th again. Only issue is the boot. Its pretty bad so I look forward to receiving the new boots.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
The more I drive the Boss the more I love this shifter!
Had to to a 1/4 mile dyno pull on a 2011 yesterday with a stock shifter and OMG it sucks.

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
hey guys,

here is the MGW classic shift ball kit for the 2011-2012 shifter . i just got the knobs in and they look great. i have been running this ball for a few months and it really feels better than both the alum. ball on the upgrades since it doesn't get so damned hot and cold and the "thumb" shaped base knob.

The knobs only come in black with white graphics , i just do not want to have a whole slew of inventory to keep up with. They look great in basically ANY color car too!!

The balls only come in coarse pitch like our rally series so you will have to get the coarse pitch handle with it but when buyers purchase the shifter they can opt for that handle exclusively and save the 15 dollars. Also , if anybody wants to mails theirs back we can swap but you would only really save about 10 bucks after shipping it back to us and i frankly would like to have both handles for more options.

The kit consists of a CNC machined stainless jam nut with integral shaft , lock washer, coarse pitch handle and MGW logo shift knob with gear pattern on top.

Total price is 60.00 for everything plus shipping. the kit will be 45.00 when purchased with the shifter.

regards
george

Just read through this again and noticed you stated only offering them in black. Do yal not offer the white one I've seen pictured with shift pattern?

OAC_Sparky

Established Member
Just wanted to chime in that I received the updated boot and the heat shield yesterday. Thanks George!

The car's going in the garage for the winter so I'll install it sometime between now and the spring. Just wanted to give credit for outstanding customer service. Wish all companies took care of their customers like this.

Users who are viewing this thread