Lean Protection Module!

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Malcolm,

If I upgraded the firmware in the LPM would it reset the current settings to default? Is there any advantages upgrading the unit vs the old firmware?

Jes,

I got the revision history up on the website so you can see what changes. Flashing to the latest firmware does not reset any of your settings or options. If you want to reset all the settings within the unit back to stock select the menu option that says "Reset to factory defaults".

Direct link to changes http://www.mdracingkc.com/Support_files/MDRacing-revision-history.pdf

Thanks
Malcolm

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Thanks for the information Malcolm appreciate the customer service.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Is it possible to retrofit a single unit for dual widebands? Apologies if you've already answered this...I didn't search through all 16 pages.

If you have hardware version 1.2 or newer then yes. Currently hardware version 1.3 is the newest and shipping.

CCS_56_EX

Established Member
I’m in the process of installing it now. For the software part of it, I’m using a 3 year old netbook (which my iPhone is probably more powerful than). I installed the driver, and then plugged the module into the usb, and it took 5 or 6 minutes for my computer to assign it to a COM port, but it did finally do it.

For the firewall, I’ve always been terrified of drilling through an unseen harness or fuel line. I used Malcolms picture on page 14 as a rough guide on where I needed to drill. Here are some pictures I took of the drilling.

Inside the fender well
2014-09-21 10.57.20.jpg

Passenger kick panel
2014-09-21 10.57.36.jpg

Grommet installed, and the harbor freight step bit I used
2014-09-21 11.02.33.jpg

CCS_56_EX

Established Member
I plugged the lpm into my computer, while the car was running, and it promptly killed the motor and the unit clicked several times. I suppose that means, don’t do that?

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I plugged the lpm into my computer, while the car was running, and it promptly killed the motor and the unit clicked several times. I suppose that means, don’t do that?

When you plug a laptop into the LPM it reboots the LPM as it syncs with the laptop. So yes the car will cut out and die if it was running when you did that. I'd suggest shutting off the car when making changes.

CCS_56_EX

Established Member
I'm trying to solve high idle issues with an Accufab tb I just installed. Can the LPM be used to diagnose tps voltage at key on? My Aeroforce interceptors have 0.98, while the LPM registers .01-.02 lower (I've recalibrated it several times). I'm trying to decide which one to go with.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I'm trying to solve high idle issues with an Accufab tb I just installed. Can the LPM be used to diagnose tps voltage at key on? My Aeroforce interceptors have 0.98, while the LPM registers .01-.02 lower (I've recalibrated it several times). I'm trying to decide which one to go with.

If you're talking 0.01 to 0.02 difference between the two I'd say get a quality digital multi meter and take a reading. The LPMs are very accurate but I don't calibrate TPS readings on it much more than 0.02 because it just needs to know what your system reads at idle. Doesn't matter if it's 0.984 or 0.982.

Any issues running a WOT box and this unit?

Not at all. They work together just fine. In fact I run both on my car as do a few others.

The PCM is seeing .98v if that's what the gauge is displaying. Even if it is .96v per an accurate DVM the PCM thinks it's .98 FWIW.

Todd

Last edited:

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Hey Guys, I have a few units left over from the group buy. If anyone wants one at the group buy pricing get in touch with me. Thanks.

Mach828

Established Member
What color is pin 89 for tps voltage? Appears to be in the middle on the outer edge and its grey and white

Last edited by a moderator:

Mach828

Established Member
Sweet. Thank you. Straight forward install but getting to that tps wire was tough. Ecu didn't want to come out easily.
Mounted inside glove box. The mounting holes on the unit were perfect for a couple small screws.
IMG_20141122_173246_899_zpsyhogmany.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread