Lean Protection Module!

snakerider

SVT-DROP
Established Member
My module arrived yesterday, as mentioned above very nice looking piece. Now I have to get off my lazy butt and install it lol.

Thanks Melcolm

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Hey Guys,

Just some updates, there's an updated programming guide for the LPMs on the support page

http://www.mdracingkc.com/Support.html

There is also downloadable software updates and instructions on flashing units to the latest firmware should you need.

An upcoming feature I'm working on in the latest firmware is that the LPM will data log what voltages/air fuel ratios and TPS voltages it's seeing under WOT conditions. This is intended as a diagnostics tool for verifying installations etc. and not as a replacement for your normal data logger.

Malcolm

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Hey Malcolm, could you put me on the list for a dual input please?
Thanks.
Shawn

Shawn,

I can do that. However demand for the dual input models is very low as pretty much everyone wants a single input model. It stands to reason since a fuel pump issue, fuel pressure, tuning issue etc. all affect both banks of cylinders equally.
Anyhow if you want the standard unit they are available immediately but if want the dual input model it looks like it'll be a while before we get enough people in on the dual input units to do another group buy on it.

Malcolm

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Hey Guys,

Just some updates, there's an updated programming guide for the LPMs on the support page

http://www.mdracingkc.com/Support.html

There is also downloadable software updates and instructions on flashing units to the latest firmware should you need.

An upcoming feature I'm working on in the latest firmware is that the LPM will data log what voltages/air fuel ratios and TPS voltages it's seeing under WOT conditions. This is intended as a diagnostics tool for verifying installations etc. and not as a replacement for your normal data logger.

Malcolm

Thank you sir! :)

CCS_56_EX

Established Member
MalcolmV8, do you have any brand recommendations for the air/fuel sensor kit? I have aeroforce gauges, and was looking at pairing them with the Aeroforce wideband sensor kit (along with a new bassani x pipe through Lethals sale this week). Are there certain kits that have better compatibility to your lean protection module?

Sha4bo

Established Member
Shawn,

I can do that. However demand for the dual input models is very low as pretty much everyone wants a single input model. It stands to reason since a fuel pump issue, fuel pressure, tuning issue etc. all affect both banks of cylinders equally.
Anyhow if you want the standard unit they are available immediately but if want the dual input model it looks like it'll be a while before we get enough people in on the dual input units to do another group buy on it.

Sorry Malcolm, just saw your message. That's fine. I'll go with a single input instead than.

Thanks.
Shawn

Malcolm

Sha4bo

Established Member
Sorry Malcolm, just saw your message. That's fine. I'll go with a single input instead than.

Thanks.
Shawn

MalcolmV8

Established Member
MalcolmV8, do you have any brand recommendations for the air/fuel sensor kit? I have aeroforce gauges, and was looking at pairing them with the Aeroforce wideband sensor kit (along with a new bassani x pipe through Lethals sale this week). Are there certain kits that have better compatibility to your lean protection module?

As long as your wideband outputs a signal that can be used for data logging or an external gauge etc. you're good to go.

Thanks.
Shawn

Sure thing. PM sent.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Malcolm,

If I upgraded the firmware in the LPM would it reset the current settings to default? Is there any advantages upgrading the unit vs the old firmware?

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Malcolm,

If I upgraded the firmware in the LPM would it reset the current settings to default? Is there any advantages upgrading the unit vs the old firmware?

No it does not change your current settings. I'll get a change list posted up tomorrow of what's new and changed in each revision of the firmware.

will be in touch , can't lose this page

Anytime :thumbsup:

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Hey Malcolm, do you still have me on the dual mod list?

I went ahead and built some dual model units over the weekend to fill yours and a few others that were waiting on dual input units. We didn't have enough to make the group buy pricing but I had extra units from the factory production that I took apart and rebuilt as dual units and made their own wiring harnesses etc. I'll be sending you and a few others a PM shortly with details.

All other orders should be caught up. If anyone is still waiting on me please let me know in case I missed you.

Users who are viewing this thread