Kornfed Under Construction*(UPDATED)*

tarheeltrooper

900 H.P. Club
Established Member
C'mon man! it's 10:37 your time, where's the new numbers lol!?!?

Well the car ran out of fuel, so I am still on the 6200 rpm 901 hp tune. It is unfortunate but things happen. Bob pulled the car to 7000 (my end point is 7200) and he shut it down as it got lean. It did however pick up 1.5 lbs of boost which I didnt expect. I am not totally sure what it could be. The twin 465's depth was measure correctly, so they are Not bottomed out on the tank giving it a suffocating effect. Lines, filter and injectors are fine. Now remember, I use to have a external pump and the stock tank with a sump in it. I still have that tank, I just keep the fuel level at a half a tank or better. The fuel basket was cut out of that tank and this could perhaps be what is causing it. Obviously both pumps are working but they both or one may not be getting the correct amperage to perform, especially up in higher rpms as they demand more fuel. The wiring kit uses dual 35 amp fuses, Bob said he would prefer dual 70s. I think the twin 465 pumps are fine at my potential power level, just need to put more amps to them and also get a stock non messed with tank back in there. So will go back this fall or winter and hope that issue is solved and can finish a clean 7200 rpm pull to see the power it will put down.

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
Well the car ran out of fuel, so I am still on the 6200 rpm 901 hp tune. It is unfortunate but things happen. Bob pulled the car to 7000 (my end point is 7200) and he shut it down as it got lean. It did however pick up 1.5 lbs of boost which I didnt expect. I am not totally sure what it could be. The twin 465's depth was measure correctly, so they are Not bottomed out on the tank giving it a suffocating effect. Lines, filter and injectors are fine. Now remember, I use to have a external pump and the stock tank with a sump in it. I still have that tank, I just keep the fuel level at a half a tank or better. The fuel basket was cut out of that tank and this could perhaps be what is causing it. Obviously both pumps are working but they both or one may not be getting the correct amperage to perform, especially up in higher rpms as they demand more fuel. The wiring kit uses dual 35 amp fuses, Bob said he would prefer dual 70s. I think the twin 465 pumps are fine at my potential power level, just need to put more amps to them and also get a stock non messed with tank back in there. So will go back this fall or winter and hope that issue is solved and can finish a clean 7200 rpm pull to see the power it will put down.

twin 465s should be sufficient, I agree if you up the amps to supply ample power you should put down close to your 4 digit power :D

On another note, saw your new photoshoot teaser ;)

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member

Why are you going to wait that long?

tarheeltrooper

900 H.P. Club
Established Member
twin 465s should be sufficient, I agree if you up the amps to supply ample power you should put down close to your 4 digit power :D

On another note, saw your new photoshoot teaser ;)
ahh you did!? ;-)
Sounds good man, issues happen.
yea just the nature of the beast, just glad nothin was hurt.
Why are you going to wait that long?
I went there twice in 3 weeks, traveling just gets expensive and vacation days get burnt up. I dont mind enjoying the car up to 6k rpm this summer and fall. But as mentioned below its very easy to get burned out on a project so ill just take a step back and chill for a little while and enjoy the car.
cause it's super expensive to keep going back and forth to the tuner all the time. plus it's a great way to get burnt out on a project.
nailed it right on the head brotha!

tarheeltrooper

900 H.P. Club
Established Member
Congrats on making the mag, and no doubt it was well deserved.
Thanks good friend.
Saw the article in 5.0 too congrats! The article said you had a black Cobra too? Just curious do you still have that one too?
Bought it for parts, put to stock and sold to a friend.
Nice man!! I just got the 5.0 Magazine and your car is in it! Looks amazing!
Thanks man!
What cog pulley combo are you running upper and lower ?
Upper is the super sprag, designed to save the headunit and crank. They only make it in one size, Ill have to look, lower is biggest they offer. Hit 24 psi at 6900 when it ran outta fuel. Car is going to be maxed at 7200 rpms, no telling whats left for it to make.
Damn man that is some serious POWWAAAAA
That it is!

gabe1530

Banned
this has probably been asked a million times before, where did you get the dual gauge pod that sits above the steering wheel?

tarheeltrooper

900 H.P. Club
Established Member
this has probably been asked a million times before, where did you get the dual gauge pod that sits above the steering wheel?

its the single autometer one but had a friend copy the other side to add the 2nd one. Wanted something different and Im not a A pillar gauge guy, reminds me of a big diesel truck.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
its the single autometer one but had a friend copy the other side to add the 2nd one. Wanted something different and Im not a A pillar gauge guy, reminds me of a big diesel truck.

LOL, and they got it from the car guys in the 90's! I was rocking two singles on the A pillar back in 94', and then someone finally came out with a dual A piller.

98blownsnake

Established Member
Originally Posted by 98blownsnake View Post

What cog pulley combo are you running upper and lower ?

Upper is the super sprag, designed to save the headunit and crank. They only make it in one size, Ill have to look, lower is biggest they offer. Hit 24 psi at 6900 when it ran outta fuel. Car is going to be maxed at 7200 rpms, no telling whats left for it to make.

I have the ATI Sprag upper pulley and it's 45t and I have the biggest lower you can fit 88T. I make 26lbs of boost @ 7K 687rwhp.

45T upper and 88T lower = 26lbs @ 7k F1a blower speed = 73920 rpm
45T upper and 88T lower @ 6200 rpm F1a blower speed = 65472 rpm about 16lbs. of boost (from my datalogs).
So your making 901rwhp @ 16lbs of boost ?????????

SVTORANGE

Established Member
I do envy you as that is some serious HP for the streets as well - Would love to go for a drive in that car

Users who are viewing this thread