Kornfed Under Construction*(UPDATED)*

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Im not the OP.. but I would guess 2 reasons..

1. He can afford it
2. He's missing that throw you in the seat torque off the bottom end..

Optional #3.. he doesnt like his rear tires? lol

I know OP has a nasty turbo mystichrome cobra. So I'll bet money isn't a issue Lol

TClark22

Established Member
Im not the OP.. but I would guess 2 reasons..

1. He can afford it
2. He's missing that throw you in the seat torque off the bottom end..

Optional #3.. he doesnt like his rear tires? lol

pretty sure at 900+ hp with the F1, he didn't need to worry about liking his rear tires anyway. lol

I mean he won't be losing power, just wondering why one would want to change after the sweet build that he did.

laruei

Established Member
From what I have learned about the automotive game at the higher levels.. no one cares what you did last year.. its always what you're doing this year or next year.. but I could be totally wrong and he could be doing it for the reasons I mentioned before.

SirKing

Established Member
From what I have learned about the automotive game at the higher levels.. no one cares what you did last year.. its always what you're doing this year or next year.. but I could be totally wrong and he could be doing it for the reasons I mentioned before.

+1, its his car he can do whatever he wants with it.

Can't wait to see the new setup. BIG fan of this car.

stangfreak

Established Member
Hope OP is ready to encounter all the 4.0 whipple problems for the terminator. Hope he did research. If I had a track only car and had time to fiddle with it, maybe. street car? id rather put back the stock eaton and make 470rwhp than put a 4.0 L whipple even if its a built motor. I know its not my car but its a shame to see that whipple setup on such a beautiful car. I love his car. just lookin out thats all

Lycosa

Established Member
Hope OP is ready to encounter all the 4.0 whipple problems for the terminator. Hope he did research. If I had a track only car and had time to fiddle with it, maybe. street car? id rather put back the stock eaton and make 470rwhp than put a 4.0 L whipple even if its a built motor. I know its not my car but its a shame to see that whipple setup on such a beautiful car. I love his car. just lookin out thats all

I'll end of throwing a tvs until I build the motor and then a 2.9 or 3.4 crusher with a built 5.3. What kind of problems are there with the 4.0?

tarheeltrooper

900 H.P. Club
Established Member
Havent seen any of these comments. Ill be starting a new thread for my new stuff.

To answer some of your questions here you go...

Ive had this f1a setup for 3 years. Not sure why one person said one year lol.

Setups get old and you get bored with it. I sold my stuff to a good friend for a easy local transaction.

I dont want to turbo this car at the moment so i did a 4.0 whipple. It was only 300 more than a 3.4 so i said what the heck.

I had it powdercoated gloss red with a polished snout from whipple brand new. I did this to be different and bc its badass.

The f1a was fun an was very quick but like all car enthusiasts, shit gets old and changes are always on the horizon. Same way with wheels and other stuff.

My 4.0 setup will be mint, nice, and work flawlessly. .not sure what issues youve "heard" about or read but i can assure you our fab work and our homework is bar none. A 4.0 will be a dam breeze compared to all of this f1a custom stuff that went on in these 30 some pages.

Take your time, do it right the first time, and be smart makes every setup great.

Last edited:

JCH03SVT

Established Member
Havent seen any of these comments. Ill be starting a new thread for my new stuff.

Ive had this f1a setup for 3 years. Not sure where one person said one year lol.

Setups get old and you get bored with it. I sold my stuff to a good friend for a easy local transaction.

I dont want to turbo this car at the moment so i did a 4.0 whipple. It was only 300 more than a 3.4 so i said what the heck.

I had it powdercoated gloss red with a polished snout from whipple brand new. I did this to be different and bc its badass.

The f1a was fun an was very quick but like are car enthusiasts, shit gets old and changes are always on the horizon. Same way with wheels and other stuff.

My 4.0 setup will be mint, nice, and work flawlessly. .not sure what issues youve "heard" about or read but i can assure you pur fab work and our homework is bar none. A 4.0 will be a dam breeze compared to all of this f1a custom stuff that went on in these 30 some pages.

Take your time, do it right the first time, and be smart makes every setup great.

TC why did you buy a torch red Cobra?.......

:)

tarheeltrooper

900 H.P. Club
Established Member

This! Exactly correct. Its always about the newness. Especially with me. The f1a setup was extremely hard to part with but ive had it for quite a while.

stangfreak

Established Member
I'll end of throwing a tvs until I build the motor and then a 2.9 or 3.4 crusher with a built 5.3. What kind of problems are there with the 4.0?

That blower creates a lot of heat. A lot of heat. Lots of hardcore track guys even had to fine tune this setup and took a lot of time. The 4.0 whipple, is a track blower. There is nothing street about it. None. Its big boost, e 85 or race gas all time. Read this thread and look at page two on what 03steve said. Im sure you know jake with the silver cobra. He spent a lot of time with the 4.0 and is a cobra pioneer. steves friend with the black cobra removed the 4.0 and went back to a tvs. Also, look on modularfords.com. That site is more tech and there are some very good discussions about it.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1070250-4-0-whipple-problems

stangfreak

Established Member

Ive had this f1a setup for 3 years. Not sure why one person said one year lol.

The f1a was fun an was very quick but like all car enthusiasts, shit gets old and changes are always on the horizon. Same way with wheels and other stuff.

My 4.0 setup will be mint, nice, and work flawlessly. .not sure what issues youve "heard" about or read but i can assure you our fab work and our homework is bar none. A 4.0 will be a dam breeze compared to all of this f1a custom stuff that went on in these 30 some pages.

Im glad that you are doing your homework and going to fabricating lots of stuff. People have gone to accufab and others for answers. But its still a race blower. I really do hope it works out for you as I love your car. Just remember, this blower will be making a shit load of heat. Big blowers just do that. Keep us updated man. I hope it does come out flawless and post up some pics when its done!

TClark22

Established Member
Im glad that you are doing your homework and going to fabricating lots of stuff. People have gone to accufab and others for answers. But its still a race blower. I really do hope it works out for you as I love your car. Just remember, this blower will be making a shit load of heat. Big blowers just do that. Keep us updated man. I hope it does come out flawless and post up some pics when its done!

I'm sure he'll be running it with a killer chiller or something. But I don't see how the 4.0 is that much different? They are all the same, just different sizes.

The Mongoose

Established Member
I saw the video on YouTube of the new 4.0 Whipple setup. Not sure what to say, but damn, it sounds goooood. Can't wait till you get it tuned. I'm assuming you'll be getting it dyno tuned as well as street tuned?

Users who are viewing this thread