Iowa Picnic/Get Together

Date of Picnic

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
I am in favor of April 27th in the afternoon and a resturant, I am down for DesMoines if we can get a few guys here in Omaha to go?

vadorsnake04

Established Member
I say late april, early may. Reason being is because i dont know about anybody else but i plan on attending and competing this year in WFC which i beleive is may 18...i think. But i am def. up for this sound like a good time.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
I just looked at my school stuff, i have finals the week of may5th-8th.

Is it ganna be at the park between DM and omaha? thad be an hour drive for everyone.

wheres wfc at? kansas?

03snkvert

Established Member
OK... I don't want to do this the same weekend as WFC can someone confirm that date!

I think we are looking at either

April 26th-27 or May 3rd-4th or May 10th-11th

I need some input guys, I am open for whenever. So you guys let me know what date works best. I NEED to start making some phone calls. I want to have a date decided on by Monday January 7th.

Last edited:

Eric91Z

Established Member
OK... I don't want to do this the same weekend as WFC can someone confirm that date!

I think we are looking at either

April 26th-27 or May 3rd-4th

I need some input guys, I am open for whenever. So you guys let me know what date works best!

My preference is still for the April 26/27 dates.

03snkvert

Established Member
Is it ganna be at the park between DM and omaha? thad be an hour drive for everyone.

Kind of Looking at the DSM area right now! I want to get a date narrowed down and then get a location picked!

Again, I would like to make this an annual event and travel across the state. If we do this in Des Moines this year, Next year could be Cedar Rapid. I will just need someone from the area to help me out with locations.

Last edited:

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Of those two weekends, I'd prefer April 26th/27th... for no other reason than trying to get it in early enough that we're not dealing with 80 degree temps.

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
So lets just set a date with who is actually gonna make it and then get a location. I am still in favor of the lake near Altoona and cruise to a resturant??

Eric91Z

Established Member
So lets just set a date with who is actually gonna make it and then get a location. I am still in favor of the lake near Altoona and cruise to a resturant??

There is always the Sugar Shack in Altoona for a restaurant option, although they can get busy and the parking lot can get full. I would recommend a Sunday out there, if they are still open on Sundays - if you wanted to go that route.

zeus201

Established Member
Last time I went to the Sugar Shack I pretty much scrapped everything exiting.

Last edited:

03snkvert

Established Member
Yeah, The sugar shack is ok but the mustang club of Central iowa meets there a lot and I would like something New.

I will give it until tomorrow but it looks like this is going to be the weekend of the 26th-27th Now we just need to decide Saturday or Sunday.

I am liking the Idea of Buffalo Wild Wings 1. Because I have never been there 2. They have a big parking lot 3. With the mall there will be all kinds of exposure

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread