• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gofastl

Life's a garden- Dig It!
Established Member
LOL! We have a guy in town that has a Lightning that pulls grain wagons around

03snkvert

Established Member
What do you think guys? Time to make a thread with location and date and a poll to see how many people will be coming. I am sure BWW will work but I would like to have an idea of how many people and then go talk to them!

Skrapmetal

Established Member
So... April 26th, meet at BBW at say 2-2:30pm(?), eat and chat a bit, roll out at 3:30-4pm(?) to cruise somewhere (still planning on saylorville?), and hang out the rest of the evening checking out cars and getting some pictures.

Sound about right?

If we cruised from there, we could take George Mills over to the interstate, hop on and go north up to Hickman, then go Hickman -> Merle Hay Rd -> Beaver Dr (we could stop at Camp Dodge for some pics by the tanks/jets, if we don't have *too* many cars) -> mile long bridge across the lake... then we could choose between the east side of the lake, or we could go up through Polk City and head up to Big Creek.

That route would take roughly 40-60 minutes. Is that too long for a cruise? If so, we could spend more time on the interstate and just get off on the Merle Hay Rd exit.

Eric91Z

Established Member
So... April 26th, meet at BBW at say 2-2:30pm(?), eat and chat a bit, roll out at 3:30-4pm(?) to cruise somewhere (still planning on saylorville?), and hang out the rest of the evening checking out cars and getting some pictures.

Sound about right?

If we cruised from there, we could take George Mills over to the interstate, hop on and go north up to Hickman, then go Hickman -> Merle Hay Rd -> Beaver Dr (we could stop at Camp Dodge for some pics by the tanks/jets, if we don't have *too* many cars) -> mile long bridge across the lake... then we could choose between the east side of the lake, or we could go up through Polk City and head up to Big Creek.

That route would take roughly 40-60 minutes. Is that too long for a cruise? If so, we could spend more time on the interstate and just get off on the Merle Hay Rd exit.

Sounds good to me. And depending on the weather and if Porky's is still open or night, I would think of heading there afterwards to hang out. Make it an all day car thing...

gofastl

Life's a garden- Dig It!
Established Member
That date works for me, iam getting pumped. Might as well make it a whole day thing for the people traveling so it doesnt make like it was a waste.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Ditching out on the omaha people huh? I think this calls for iowa vs nebraska shootout! lol jk.

anyways cant go, and its to far for me..

yellow03cobra

Established Member
It's only a two hour drive, any of them saying that it is to far away is just kidding themselves. I am sure we have all been in there area before. It's not like there is much in iowa in between the two that any thing half way fun could be planned at.

SVTTuckF100

M&M Custom Finishes
Established Member
Any of those work for me.

I work at a restaurant on the weekends, and an auto shop during the week, so I can miss weekend work a lot easier. I am good friends with the management at Tanger Outlet in Williamsburg(hometown area), I can maybe see if I can get them to block off an area of parking lot for us to all park in, and have a potluck.

PM me if you guys think thats a do-able idea. I would probably need a yes/no and a car bout 2 weeks before the chosen time.

Personally..barring any disasters and if I can get my rollback to haul with, I'll have 2 cars and my 54 F100 there.

Users who are viewing this thread