Iowa Picnic/Get Together

Date of Picnic

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

03snkvert

Established Member
Poll No Longer Valid- Please see Post #33

A few of us Iowa guys were planning on having a meet and greet picnic! We haven't picked a date or location, that is the point of this thread. This thread is to pick a date and central location to get the best turn out. I was thinking a good date would be sometime in Apri,l so that is the month we will start with.

Please feel free to tell anyone on SVT about the picnic. We wont discriminate on different cars, the more cars and people the better.

I would like to find a State Park that would accomadate us, and then make it kind of a potluck lunch. The other option would be finding a location in town at a resturaunt or mall and people can just eat where ever they want.

Please feel free to give any suggestions and then we can all try and make the best decision for the biggest turn out!

Last edited:

Skrapmetal

Established Member
A park would be ideal, but the problem is rain. If we get a shelter, that wouldn't be too big of an issue. A shelter at one of the lakes would be good. Saylorville maybe?

I'm not sure if my office is open today or not, I'm going to have to talk to them and see what the on-call schedule is like. Still, with enough warning I can get someone else to cover the on-call if I'm on for whatever weekend is chosen.

My only issue is wanting to get my TVS ordered and installed first. :D

03snkvert

Established Member
We could try and do a shelter if we can pick a date and location soon enough! We would just have to take up a small collection to cover the price of the shelter!

I know of a shelter at Big Creek that would be ideal, it is back by itself and has its own parking lot (depending on the number of cars and a good location for everyone)

Last edited:

M240Bravo

Established Member
I would come up from Kansas (military) to hang out and talk cars. I'm open to any day as long as its a weekend. And what about that lake in CB? Just throwing something out there.

03snkvert

Established Member
I have looked at the lake in Council Bluffs, but it would end up being a 4 hour drive for the Davenport/ Quad Cities guys. But I will keep that in mind.

Eric91Z

Established Member
I think that would be great and would recommend something later in April - still not hot, but hopefully out of winter weather time (i.e.: no snow or ice). I have gotten a little "anal" about driving the Marauder in the rain now that I have actually gotten some thing else as a daily driver.

I have to check my calendar at work that has the dates I have my daughter and then will cast my vote.

03snkvert

Established Member
We can do MAY, Just have to pick other and we can move it back! I just picked a month to start with!

YellowShaker03

I Am Black Jesus
Established Member
As for location, I should be able to make the trip no matter where its at- can't be too worried about putting miles on the car. I'd be happy with a resturaunt or a park (my local car club usally does a part like Coralville Res. or something) only concerns are what if it rains/snows... its Iowa snow can happen ALWAYS! Plus my car is a virgin to rain/snow and other nasty stuff like the salt/sand solution from the roads etc. I'd prefer a Saturday/Sunday date- I get up at 4am Mon-Fri so I wouldn't be enthusiastic about a hour or two drive after work. Needless to say I'm interested, keep me informed.

gofastl

Life's a garden- Dig It!
Established Member
Ledges state park, another option for ya. Happy new years everyone!

03snkvert

Established Member
DO WE WANT TO CHANGE THIS TO MAY

If so I will change the poll to May Dates, Doesn't matter to me because it gives us more time to plan

Eric91Z

Established Member
DO WE WANT TO CHANGE THIS TO MAY

If so I will change the poll to May Dates, Doesn't matter to me because it gives us more time to plan

I think any late April to early May weekend options would be good starting point. I agree on the Sat/Sun options. And Saylorville and Big Creek have nice shelter options where we could do a potluck or grill out.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Let's keep the last couple weeks of april in, but add the first couple in may to the poll.

You can also make a multiple option poll, where people can pick all dates that would work for them.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
And definitely saturday/sunday only, especially for the guys that have to drive a couple hours each way.

BM1

Established Member
My limit is a 2 hour drive tops so let me know where it's at and I'll let you know if I'll make it.

96badvenm

Established Member
i would say do it in may in hopes for better weather. Im in, driving doesnt bother me. A state park somewhere would be cool, somewhere where we can get good pics.

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
I am up for this even if its in Des Moines but I cant do Saturdays. I work all day. I am available Sundays or Mondays starting April 1

yellow03cobra

Established Member
I can do any weekend in april or may expect the weekend of may 3-4, 2 people, any shelter/park sounds good to me.

99cobrajn

cant touch this........
Established Member
I think Iowa City is a good choice. IDK… I was thinking a hooters or maybe Buffalo Wild Wings? Like Yellowshaker03 said there is the Coralville Res. What ever is fine with me I'm just throwing out some ideas! I’m sure I can bring 5+ mustangs.

BM1

Established Member
Coralville / Iowa City would be perfect for me. I will post this on QCAAF and get some other folks to show up if it's that close.

Users who are viewing this thread