Iowa Picnic/Get Together

Date of Picnic

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

03snkvert

Established Member
I'd be in for a cruise/get together, any time...

:beer::pepper::rockon:

Jason

Ahhh.... Look it is a fellow Midamericamusclecar guy!

Do you have an opinion on Date and Location (see post #33)

Corey

Hustang

Dropped a line over there also!

Hey everyone...I am the Director of the Plains Region (which includes Iowa) for the Black Mustang Club and I thank you for the invitation from one of your members who dropped by our forum to tell us about your cruise. We have a big event in Wichita the weekend of April 25th so that wouldnt be good for all of us but if that's your date I'll be glad to post it on our forum for the guys who aren't going

On our slate for next year we are planning cruises to several places in Iowa (the Bridges, Loess Hills Poker Run which is awesome rural cruising, etc) so I'll drop by and invite ya back.

My email is [email protected] if your organizer wants to drop me a line when you have a date and I'll make sure it gets in our Plains forum news.

Love your rides by the way!

I have 2 Mustangs...it ain't nearly enough!

03snkvert

Established Member
Hey everyone...I am the Director of the Plains Region (which includes Iowa) for the Black Mustang Club and I thank you for the invitation from one of your members who dropped by our forum to tell us about your cruise. We have a big event in Wichita the weekend of April 25th so that wouldnt be good for all of us but if that's your date I'll be glad to post it on our forum for the guys who aren't going

On our slate for next year we are planning cruises to several places in Iowa (the Bridges, Loess Hills Poker Run which is awesome rural cruising, etc) so I'll drop by and invite ya back.

My email is [email protected] if your organizer wants to drop me a line when you have a date and I'll make sure it gets in our Plains forum news.

Love your rides by the way!

I have 2 Mustangs...it ain't nearly enough!

I will deff. let you guys know when we have a hard Date, and we will keep your date in mind as we make a decision!

Deff. drop me a line when you are going to do the cruise around Iowa, I am sure a lot of us would like to join up!

[email protected]

Corey

03snkvert

Established Member
This is what I have so far:

I have talked to a couple local boards and posted on a few others and have had a pretty good response and they are up for any days.

As far as SVTP members this is what I have:

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff49/03snkvert/SVTMeet.jpg

SVTMeet.gif

Any Corrections please let me know!

We should start narrowing this up ASAP! It Looks as If Des Moines area is kind of the Center location between Omaha and the QC/Davenport guys.

Looks to be a Restaurant and Cruise, so we need some opinions on Locations (Hooters, Buffalo Wild Wings etc.) and the a destination to cruise to (Saylorville or Big Creek etc)

And then we need to select a date!

The Sooner we get this Done the sooner we can let every Know so post up your thoughts!

Last edited:

Eric91Z

Established Member
Did you hit up the Mustang Club of Central Iowa, too?

The only concern I could see with the resturant will depend on the number of people we end up having and the time of day we meet at being affected by the amount of room the resturant will have.

I am up for Hooter's, of couse (being single), but I know they do an annual car show and can usually handle groups. Maybe talk to them ahead of time. Buffalo Wild Wings is south of Jordan Creek Mall and has plenty of parking and could get some decent exposure for the cars - if we want that.

Just thoughts...

zeus201

Established Member
I'd say lets go to Granite City on the west side. They have good beer and outdoor seating as well.

Lets cruise to Saylorville Lake.

03snkvert

Established Member
Granite City has good food, but I am not sure about the Parking situation!

My thought was Buffalo wild wings or someplace like Hooters. I will deff call the restaurant of choice before we select one and get there opinion, but I would like to narrow it down and get a list of how many people we may have and see if they can fit us all in. I wish there were more motor sports themed restaurants around here!

The thing I like about BWW is the fact that it is at Jordan Creek and there is a lot of traffic with a lot of exposure.

Last edited:

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Did you hit up the Mustang Club of Central Iowa, too?

The only concern I could see with the resturant will depend on the number of people we end up having and the time of day we meet at being affected by the amount of room the resturant will have.

I am up for Hooter's, of couse (being single), but I know they do an annual car show and can usually handle groups. Maybe talk to them ahead of time. Buffalo Wild Wings is south of Jordan Creek Mall and has plenty of parking and could get some decent exposure for the cars - if we want that.

Just thoughts...

I'm sure if we pick a decent size place with a good amount of parking, they'd be willing to have us. Probably be best if we pick an off-peak time to be there, like say 2-3 in the afternoon so we're after the lunch rush and before the dinner rush.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
I would be interested in this event also if work permits. I'm in c.r. ia. area. :beer: It really doesn't matter on a date.

Last edited:

Mystikal

Noob
Established Member
Seen this on BMC and thought I'd pop in and say that I'd be down for a meeting. I would just have to decide which car to bring.

zeus201

Established Member
Seen this on BMC and thought I'd pop in and say that I'd be down for a meeting. I would just have to decide which car to bring.

Mystic...I was going to get that but my parents didn't trust me with a V8 car when I was 16. Don't blame them...sorry Corey for the off topic rant. :beer:

03snkvert

Established Member
You should be!

Ok guys Lets pick a Date:

zeus201 said: Sat April 26th
Eric91z said: Sat April 26th or Sun April 27th
Black Mach 1 said: Sun May 18th
99cobrajn said: Stat May 10th

All others the I have heard from says it doesn't matter!

I think a Saturday would be nice because then the out of towners don't have to leave so early to head back, and maybe we could get some night shots!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread