Installing headers and midpipe this weekend

Nuar

Established Member
Oil starvation, spun a couple bearings. The pickup tube is so close the bottom of the pan. I was able to catch it soon enough before it did any more damage. Ford wouldn't fix it they wanted to replace the motor so I'm having the engine built. But if you want to take a chance in driving on a dented oil pan for a couple hundred dollars by all means go for it.

Wow man! Thats crazy! :(

Nuar

Established Member
What about lifting it with one of those tranny adapter cradles for a floor jack...would that work? I'm gathering as much info as possible as I will be doing ARH's soon.

All you need is a piece of a 2x4 on the jack and put that under the ribs of the transmission right before it connects to the motor, where the cross bar is in the above photos. Thats what I did and it worked perfect.

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
Use a THICK PHONEBOOK between the oil pan and 2x4 to protect from denting if you lift the motor there. The phonebook is soft and will not dent.

ZiggyGT

Established Member
Installed a set of Kooks 1 3/4" headers with Hpipe on Saturday total of 5 hours wasn't a horrible job only bump in the road was when working on the steering my buddy didn't mark the steering shaft other than that it was time consuming!

vortecd

Established Member
5 hours is pretty good. Having an auto slowed us up on the motor mount but still would not have been able to touch that time

scott_0

Established Member
Installed a set of Kooks 1 3/4" headers with Hpipe on Saturday total of 5 hours wasn't a horrible job only bump in the road was when working on the steering my buddy didn't mark the steering shaft other than that it was time consuming!

5hrs is amazing!!! but fwiw there is no real need to mark the steering shaft, if only goes on one way

h4cHi

Established Member
Everything is finally installed and running great been running around like crazy plus beating the hell outta this car when I get done datalogging and whatnot ill post a vid this thing is LOUD but you can barely notice a difference at idle sounds like I'm gonna need a cam change to get that deeper note and lope I'm lookin for =)

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Everything is finally installed and running great been running around like crazy plus beating the hell outta this car when I get done datalogging and whatnot ill post a vid this thing is LOUD but you can barely notice a difference at idle sounds like I'm gonna need a cam change to get that deeper note and lope I'm lookin for =)

Sweet and Congrats glad everything worked out for you - CHEERS

Users who are viewing this thread