Installing headers and midpipe this weekend

redline5.0

Established Member
Oil starvation, spun a couple bearings. The pickup tube is so close the bottom of the pan. I was able to catch it soon enough before it did any more damage. Ford wouldn't fix it they wanted to replace the motor so I'm having the engine built. But if you want to take a chance in driving on a dented oil pan for a couple hundred dollars by all means go for it.

Last edited:

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Yes mine was barely dented and cost me a motor. Get that shit fixed asap. I didn't know it was dented because a shop did it, went out and did a single wot pull for my aed tune and that's when I started having issues.
2014-02-26112113_zps58f37a6d.jpg

2014-02-26112028_zps32cf17bb.gif

2014-02-26112021_zps6e49fa79.jpg

2014-02-26112230_zps4e84fe0e.jpg

That sucks man sorry to hear that

h4cHi

Established Member
Having dealership pick up car and installing since im refusing to drop the k member 514$ for everything, moral of this story is let someone else install parts -____-

redline5.0

Established Member
Now I need to find out how to install that =/

Having dealership pick up car and installing since im refusing to drop the k member 514$ for everything, moral of this story is let someone else install parts -____-

I just didn't want you to be without your car like I have been. Good call sir, enjoy when its done :)

Last edited:

h4cHi

Established Member
I just didn't want you to be without your car like I have been. Good call sir, enjoy when its done :)

No I really appreciate it I have an extended super warranty they gave me for issues w my stereo so not only do they give me a rental they come pick the car up =)

vortecd

Established Member
the dent in that pan looks pretty bad. Hard to tell by the pics but it looks like the whole center section is pushed in

redline5.0

Established Member
Ya those were the pick the ford dealer took. I went and looked at the pan it's prolly at most an 1" pushed in but ya its also in the worst freaking spot possible.

scott_0

Established Member
yeah man an inch is a lot, as said the pickup is very close to the bottom of the pan. exhaust looks great man, I'm sure you're going to love it

redline5.0

Established Member
Yeah but I cant enjoy it till Monday at the earliest. :(

Hey mines been down over a month...I don't wanna here it :p

I'm just glad you were able to catch yours....normaly I turn all my wrenches because I don't trust anyone to do the work for me....and the one time I do I get ****ed. Should have waited the couple of weeks for my max jack lift to show up.

Last edited:

h4cHi

Established Member
Hey mines been down over a month...I don't wanna here it :p

I'm just glad you were able to catch yours....normaly I turn all my wrenches because I don't trust anyone to do the work for me....and the one time I do I get ****ed. Should have waited the couple of weeks for my max jack lift to show up.

Thats why I did this install, I had my car lowered and uca lca and phb installed and the jackass decided to not put a new uca mount in and almost blew my rear end into pieces

20131028_172225.jpg

redline5.0

Established Member
You live and you learn at least your mistake was easily fixable. Also I think it's a 50/50 shot on the headers install it seems. Some people can get away with a block of wood and a jack on the oil pan and some can't.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Glad you bought a new pan yours is DONE!

That is also great newz your letting the dealer install it:pepper::pepper:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread