Installing headers and midpipe this weekend

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Im still working on the motor mounts and the aluminum drive rod and then i can get the manifolds off finally hoping to make good progress today

Alright man I have a cold one waiting for us once I hear you got it done

h4cHi

Established Member
Alright man I have a cold one waiting for us once I hear you got it done

Hopefully by Sunday its shitty tho I get off work and have 2-3 hrs to work on it then I gotta go to bed and splitting 13mm sockets doesnt help when I have to run to sears lol

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Hopefully by Sunday its shitty tho I get off work and have 2-3 hrs to work on it then I gotta go to bed and splitting 13mm sockets doesnt help when I have to run to sears lol

Gotcha - That is my BDAY so I will be waiting for the post of the good news that YOUR DONE!

h4cHi

Established Member
Gotcha - That is my BDAY so I will be waiting for the post of the good news that YOUR DONE!

Well as long as everything goes smoothly today which I hope it does im hoping all I have to do saturday is put the final touches on everything :)

h4cHi

Established Member
Smoooth progress today but hiting roadblock rn cannot finagle the ground strap off of the motor mount if anyone has tips plz share ima try for about 20 more min then grab some dinner and go back at it
EDIT: by the end of today I have all passenger header nuts lose except for the one below the battery tray and the top one towards the front end I took the Darren approach and ended up snapping off the ground strap because I got sick of banging my knuckles everywhere and I have many cuts to show for it, ill go pick up another clasp and sodder it to it tomorrow or wait to till I get the drivers side off seeings how im leaving the cat's on and going to take them off as one piece needless to say this install is more tedious than it is skill required and time consuming.

Last edited:

scott_0

Established Member
thats odd, my ground cable holder slid off with little drama, I kinda rocked it back and forth and came off easily. good luck man!

vortecd

Established Member
Installed Kooks shorties Saturday. It was a solid 8 hours with 2 of us. My friend is a really good wrench and his longer reach helped with the front 2 passenger side motor mount plate bolts. Power tools would have probably cut it down some where you could use them. We pulled a couple studs out on the passenger side to get it on. On the driver side the front stud was pulled out and it was off by just enough it wouldn't go back in. Ended up having to open up the flange a little so we could get it back in

h4cHi

Established Member
thats odd, my ground cable holder slid off with little drama, I kinda rocked it back and forth and came off easily. good luck man!
Progress update:
I have both headers on the passenger side is completely done where as the drivers side I need to tighten up 3 header bolts put the motor mount in and the steering shaft bolt, x pipe and all is good. Uploading tune as we speak to tuner and hopefully i can get a video of the final result tomorrow afternoon =) this install was a PITA but I cant express the amount of gratitude I have for Darren, he has been helping me EVERY step of the way any time I needed something he was on it. I used every OEM stud and nut with no issues whatsoever.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
progress update:
I have both headers on the passenger side is completely done where as the drivers side i need to tighten up 3 header bolts put the motor mount in and the steering shaft bolt, x pipe and all is good. Uploading tune as we speak to tuner and hopefully i can get a video of the final result tomorrow afternoon =) this install was a pita but i cant express the amount of gratitude i have for darren, he has been helping me every step of the way any time i needed something he was on it. I used every oem stud and nut with no issues whatsoever.

progress = awesome

h4cHi

Established Member
I would of had it done for your birthday but I lost a nut for the solenoid relay for the starter and no onr to help me tip the motor to get the driver side hung up, did put a healthy dent in my oil pan =/

SVTORANGE

Established Member
I would of had it done for your birthday but I lost a nut for the solenoid relay for the starter and no onr to help me tip the motor to get the driver side hung up, did put a healthy dent in my oil pan =/

Ahh damn - So no more header installs for you my man.

I envy that your determined to get it done BUT it is fighting you all the way.

Still ready to celebrate when your done.

Last edited:

h4cHi

Established Member
Just got done setting up the x pipe and stuff before work this morning, I hope to have a video up by the end of the night still need to put rear o2s in xpipe connect x pipe to OAPs install cold air upload tune and we are all set to go =)

Nuar

Established Member
Nice! Good progress right there!

Hope the oil pan dent won't cause issues :(

Last edited:

h4cHi

Established Member
Its not that bad of a dent a new one is 119 do you think it could cause an issue?

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Its not that bad of a dent a new one is 119 do you think it could cause an issue?

Depends on how deep it is - If you can get to the pan with ease change it for sake of peace of mind.

Take a pic and post it that way we can give you better advice.

redline5.0

Established Member
Yes mine was barely dented and cost me a motor. Get that shit fixed asap. I didn't know it was dented because a shop did it, went out and did a single wot pull for my aed tune and that's when I started having issues.
2014-02-26112113_zps58f37a6d.jpg

2014-02-26112028_zps32cf17bb.gif

2014-02-26112021_zps6e49fa79.jpg

2014-02-26112230_zps4e84fe0e.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread