Installing headers and midpipe this weekend

scott_0

Established Member
^^dude wtf are you talking about? not sure if youre serious or not, but dont give out information youre pulling out of your ass! the front O2's are very important on these cars, they are wide band sensors and are used to achieve proper a/f ratios

h4cHi

Established Member
Yo man chill it was just a troll relax a little.
Regardless I got back to work on the car today I have 3/16 header nuts removed next is to get
Starter
Driveline
Motor Mounts
then Header bolts
im gonna try getting these out with the cats attached and leave the K member in considering thats where I have the car on stands ha seems doable just need to take out motor mounts jack up the tranny a few inches and then use a good old 2X4 and tip the motor to get the rest of the header bolts

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
You got this Aaron! Did you try and call today? Call me tomorrow with any questions. I was at work and we have a lead sheild from the MRI machine that blocks cell transmissions.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Yo man chill it was just a troll relax a little.
Regardless I got back to work on the car today I have 3/16 header nuts removed next is to get
Starter
Driveline
Motor Mounts
then Header bolts
im gonna try getting these out with the cats attached and leave the K member in considering thats where I have the car on stands ha seems doable just need to take out motor mounts jack up the tranny a few inches and then use a good old 2X4 and tip the motor to get the rest of the header bolts

You can do it man! Or should I say did ya get it done yet?

Good luck and happy wrenching

h4cHi

Established Member
Very cool - glad to hear it:D
Opening day for my local track is this Sunday and I might need a new set of tires, I just put some new BFG g force sport comp2s
on not even 500 miles ago =) btw this tire I have is flawless

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Opening day for my local track is this Sunday and I might need a new set of tires, I just put some new BFG g force sport comp2s
on not even 500 miles ago =) btw this tire I have is flawless

Ahh damn Sunday is my BDAY as well going to tack my ZR1 out and have some fun.

BFG are excellent tires.

Last edited:

h4cHi

Established Member
After day 2 of this adventure I was able to get another header bolt, the starter and 2 motor mount bolts the reason my progress was so slow was due to the top starter nut being impossible for me I called in a mayday and a friend helped me outttt, the story continues tomorrow.

scott_0

Established Member
got my Pypes install done tonight, started at 10am this morning, took a long lunch break to tow a car my youngest nephew sold, grabbed some McDonald's, ate and got back to it about 2hrs later, finished up little 8 tonight, that's a tedious ass install for sure!!!!

scott_0

Established Member
got my Pypes install done tonight, started at 10am this morning, took a long lunch break to tow a car my youngest nephew sold, grabbed some McDonald's, ate and got back to it about 2hrs later, finished up little after 8 tonight, that's a tedious ass install for sure!!!!

Nuar

Established Member
After day 2 of this adventure I was able to get another header bolt, the starter and 2 motor mount bolts the reason my progress was so slow was due to the top starter nut being impossible for me I called in a mayday and a friend helped me outttt, the story continues tomorrow.
Nice man! Keep at it :)

Good job scott_o! It is a pain in the a**

SVTORANGE

Established Member

Your almost there hommie:banana:

h4cHi

Established Member
20140410_193320.jpg

20140410_193327.jpg

These two buggers are preventing me from moving forward
EDIT: as I posted this I was able to finally free that motor mount stud now I have the ground strap one to do and then itd CURTAINS for that passenger side

Last edited:

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
Be careful with that steering rod bolt. That's soft aluminum and you don't want to jack up the threads.

Draw a line with a marker on the shaft and the knuckle and just pull the shaft out, granted you've removed the (2) 10mm bolts from the steering assembly under the dash. You just want to shove the steering rod towards the firewall. Straight back and then just move the shaft over and lay it on the frame out of the way.

Make sure your steering wheel is locked so none of this moves.

h4cHi

Established Member
what exactly is holding you back?
Steering shaft bolt is hitting k member and I have gone way to far to go back and move the steering wheel im hoping that thats out enough to where I can just pull it out

scott_0

Established Member
the steering shaft shouldnt be an issue, just turn the wheel a little so you can get the bolt out, the shaft will not slide out until the bolt is all the way out. I made sure my bolt was facing straight down so it came right out.........

Users who are viewing this thread