Installing headers and midpipe this weekend

h4cHi

Established Member
Any other helpful tips guys?? Thanks so much Im glad im not going into this blindly again like my rear susp =)

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
Do the passenger side first.

Be VERY careful when loosening the ground strap on the passenger side motor mount. The terminal ring is as thin as onion skin and will likely break. Go ahead and plan on replacing that OEM piece of crap with a thicker one.

The passenger side will make you hate life.

All those that say they've done it in 4hrs or less are LYING THRU THEIR FREAKIN TEETH....don't believe that crap for one second.

As mentioned, MARK THE STEERING KNUCKLE WITH A SHARPIE so you can put it back exactly like it came apart.

The passenger side will make you hate life......oh, I think I've said that.

I can give you my number if you need it and have any questions.

Follow the Dynatech instructions and you'll be golden.

Last edited:

Nuar

Established Member
Let me add this.
It is NOT a hard job. Its just time consuming and frustrating.
Don't get anxious. Take your time think about what you're doing or about to do on each step and don't hesitate to take a break when you get too frustrated.

I approched it as this very difficult job. It really wasn't.
Get the car up as high as you safely can on jack stands and you will be fine. Good luck and keep us updated on the progress :)

redline5.0

Established Member
Do the passenger side first.

Be VERY careful when loosening the ground strap on the passenger side motor mount. The terminal ring is as thin as onion skin and will likely break. Go ahead and plan on replacing that OEM piece of crap with a thicker one.

The passenger side will make you hate life.

All those that say they've done it in 4hrs or less are LYING THRU THEIR FREAKIN TEETH....don't believe that crap for one second.

As mentioned, MARK THE STEERING KNUCKLE WITH A SHARPIE so you can put it back exactly like it came apart.

The passenger side will make you hate life......oh, I think I've said that.

I can give you my number if you need it and have any questions.

Follow the Dynatech instructions and you'll be golden.

Did you and the passenger side header have a falling out :poke:

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
Did you and the passenger side header have a falling out :poke:

I was about to set the car on fire. That passenger side motor mount was rediculous. LOL!!!! I did the LT's on my '07 GT and it wasn't near this crazy. I think the electric steering crap on my '13 made access to the bolts way more difficult.

I didn't remove the K-member but maybe I should have. Uggghhhhh....

Did anybody drop a bolt into the hole in the K-member??? I did. Had to fish it out with a magnet. SHOVE A RAG INTO THE K-member HOLES.....forgot to add that. LOL!!

Last edited:

h4cHi

Established Member
I was about to set the car on fire. That passenger side motor mount was rediculous. LOL!!!! I did the LT's on my '07 GT and it wasn't near this crazy. I think the electric steering crap on my '13 made access to the bolts way more difficult.

I didn't remove the K-member but maybe I should have. Uggghhhhh....

Did anybody drop a bolt into the hole in the K-member??? I did. Had to fish it out with a magnet. SHOVE A RAG INTO THE K-member HOLES.....forgot to add that. LOL!!

That sounds like a bad day right there

Nuar

Established Member
See what I mean??? Just lower the kmember!! :lol:

You have some serious patience Darren haha.

h4cHi

Established Member
Let me add this.
Don't get anxious. Take your time think about what you're doing or about to do on each step and don't hesitate to take a break when you get too frustrated.

Get the car up as high as you safely can on jack stands and you will be fine. Good luck and keep us updated on the progress :)

Thanks I'm gonna need it along with a 12 pack ha

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
:whine:
See what I mean??? Just lower the kmember!! :lol:

You have some serious patience Darren haha.

Yea I know. I would never argue that lowering the K-member wouldn't make this job alot easier. I was too stupid to listen and by the time I realized how dumb I was for not doing so I made up my mind I was gonna beat this thing!!!!!!!!!

Almost killed me though. Lol.:kaboom:

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Let me add this.

yep its damn easy to do actually but like you said it can get frustrating. my fingers and wrists were worn out after i was done. Im a mechanic in the army so a lot of the time its hurry up and fix the vehicle because it has a mission it needs to meet. So iv just turned into the type of mechanic that goes balls out as fast as i can but i can still do the job with out breaking stuff. so 4 hrs for me is normal. for others its 6-8hrs. difference between me and others is that i work faster thats all. its all the same work.

OP has good tools so im assuming hes mechanically minded so headers shouldnt be a big deal. yea get the jack stands high and try to get the stands out of your way. nothing more annoying that a jack stand right in the middle of your work area.

h4cHi

Established Member
yep its damn easy to do actually but like you said it can get frustrating. my fingers and wrists were worn out after i was done. Im a mechanic in the army so a lot of the time its hurry up and fix the vehicle because it has a mission it needs to meet. So iv just turned into the type of mechanic that goes balls out as fast as i can but i can still do the job with out breaking stuff. so 4 hrs for me is normal. for others its 6-8hrs. difference between me and others is that i work faster thats all. its all the same work.

OP has good tools so im assuming hes mechanically minded so headers shouldnt be a big deal. yea get the jack stands high and try to get the stands out of your way. nothing more annoying that a jack stand right in the middle of your work area.

Where do I get that k&n 300whp filter I got some go fast lug nuts and high speed bumper bolts on sale that put you in the 10s

h4cHi

Established Member
Well my thermostat blew up in my jeep so to make sure in case I didnt have it done in time for work Monday I have put off the install but needless to say I got underneath there yesterday just to look around and I am intimidated already lol

Nuar

Established Member
Ahh some crappy timing huh?
It is intimidating as hell, you will get it done though. Once the wrenches start flying, it all starts to make sense.

Users who are viewing this thread