Installing headers and midpipe this weekend

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
Don't be intimidated!!!! It's all just nuts and bolts!!! You'll see. It's really not that bad. Take off the old, put on the new. Time consuming but WELL worth it.

Call if you need to, but get over being intimidated. It's not bad..........seriously.

I did cams on my '07 GT MYSELF and it's been 30 years since I've been on the inside of a car engine so you can imagine the difference. LOL. It the Coyote had a HOTROD cam offering that sounded as good as the 3V version, I'd have already torn into my Coyote MYSELF too!!!!

Nuts and bolts.

03SonicBlueGT

Hear Me?!
Established Member
Great read here. Longtubes are my next mod, after I finish up my BMR Suspension. When I did longtubes on my Mach, I found ratcheting wrenches were the key to the header nuts/bolts. What set of ratcheting wrenches should i pick up? Thanks!

h4cHi

Established Member
Eating lunch than diving into this project wish me luck I hope everything goes smoothly

scott_0

Established Member
welp include me in this, I ordered Pypes long tubes from Late Model and theyll be arriving tomorrow, be doing the install this Wednesday with my nephew, hes helped do two Coyote LT installs already and has a lift, so Im not too too nervous lol

h4cHi

Established Member
After 7 hours I am home only with Lethal OAP installed, I had everything done and got to the Cats. The cats need a 43905739247532 foot extension to get loosened from inside the engine bay of which i can see both bolts ont he driver side and the passenger side I can only see one. I have given up on this project and now will give my car to my suspension guy locally to finish the job. What in the hell was ford thinking putting absolutely no room to move around in this car? :mj:

h4cHi

Established Member
HOW W THE STARTER IN THE WAY WTF we were gonna try it but didnt wanna risk only getting a few off without being able to get the rest FML you should have never told me im so goddamn mad rn

Last edited:

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
I just did the kooks on my Boss, 1 3/4 and Hpipe now this has taken me since Thrusday night, so a solid 3 days. Lots of runs back to the store $620 in tools LOL! But I'm no mechanic so lots of the good tools I had to go find and once u see one shiny thing then u see others and before long the shopping carts full ;) so yeah by myself mainly, had a buddy hell for 2-3 hrs with the headers to manipulate the gaskets for me because the last 8/8 bolt would always not wanna go in to we had to pull the gaskets up and gentley play then into place. I'd spend lots of time trying to tackle a bolt and figure out how tore move it safely without costing more time with stripping them. Had to remove the passeneger side header & cat as a whole as the nut on the car stripped out on me, it came down very easy LOL! Liked to have hit me in my face! Well A wrench did hit me LOL, right in the GD lip too... Needless to say the night ended after that mother $&@;ing incident! But me and my Boss have a love hate relationship I guess u could say! Ohhhh and thanks soooooo much Darren! Couldn't have done it with a great buddy talking me through it ;)

Nuar

Established Member
Well part of the instal procedure is removing that starter. I had the starter removed before i lowered the kmember.
My guess is, you just got too frustrated. Like I said before, this job can be extremely frustrating :(

Dizzy, great job on the instal!

SVTORANGE

Established Member
HOW W THE STARTER IN THE WAY WTF we were gonna try it but didnt wanna risk only getting a few off without being able to get the rest FML you should have never told me im so goddamn mad rn

Did you get it done?

I envy you guys for taking on this job as my atttitude and lack of patience won't let me take on such a task.

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
I just did the kooks on my Boss, 1 3/4 and Hpipe now this has taken me since Thrusday night, so a solid 3 days. Lots of runs back to the store $620 in tools LOL! But I'm no mechanic so lots of the good tools I had to go find and once u see one shiny thing then u see others and before long the shopping carts full ;) so yeah by myself mainly, had a buddy hell for 2-3 hrs with the headers to manipulate the gaskets for me because the last 8/8 bolt would always not wanna go in to we had to pull the gaskets up and gentley play then into place. I'd spend lots of time trying to tackle a bolt and figure out how tore move it safely without costing more time with stripping them. Had to remove the passeneger side header & cat as a whole as the nut on the car stripped out on me, it came down very easy LOL! Liked to have hit me in my face! Well A wrench did hit me LOL, right in the GD lip too... Needless to say the night ended after that mother $&@;ing incident! But me and my Boss have a love hate relationship I guess u could say! Ohhhh and thanks soooooo much Darren! Couldn't have done it with a great buddy talking me through it ;)

:beer: YOU did it bro! Now you know! Nuts and bolts.......................................and patience. Walk in the park.:D

Aaron, you could do this, but yes you will need to purchase a few things for the toolbox that you may not already have. I TRIED doing it without angle headed ratcheting wrenches but it was SO WORTH the $40 for a set.

DO IT! You have my number.

Last edited:

h4cHi

Established Member
It wasn't so much patience as it was I was doing the install at a friends and didn't want to have to leave the car overnight but now that I know where im at im going to re do it at my house so I can do it during the week ill keep you guys updated daily =)

h4cHi

Established Member
Did you get it done?

I envy you guys for taking on this job as my atttitude and lack of patience won't let me take on such a task.
I will be taking it all off and doing it again this week starting today hopefully

SVTORANGE

Established Member
It wasn't so much patience as it was I was doing the install at a friends and didn't want to have to leave the car overnight but now that I know where im at im going to re do it at my house so I can do it during the week ill keep you guys updated daily =)

Very cool

dabster

Established Member
RELOCATE THE o2 sensors before you instal the headers! You dont want the headaches of replacing the sensors every few months. It gets old very fast.

Isn't that just with e85? or are people on pump having issues with o2's as well?

Users who are viewing this thread