How many tickets have you had since you started driving?

How many tickets have you had?

• 1 to 5

Votes: 75 60.0%
  • 6 to 11

Votes: 20 16.0%
  • 12 to 17

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • WAY TOO MANY!

Votes: 23 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gravik

Established Member
0 speeding
1 moving violation
1 seat belt ticket
Too many parking tickets to count

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
2 speeding tickets in 48 years of driving. That works out to 1 every 24 years. Not bad.

west08

Established Member
Got a ticket for 61 in a 45 on a two lane country road with no body else around except for me and the cop. lol. Ended up getting it dropped through my father-in-law who is a lawyer who has most of his cases in the county I got pulled over in. He ended up knowing the prosecutor and judge and it was dropped. Was just going to pay it cuz I lived 2.5 hrs away but he made a copy of the ticket and offered to fight it without me even asking him to do it.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
I have had a lot. I have a lead foot and am always in a rush. Most have been equipment violations though because my Uncle and Cousin are state Troopers so I haven't had a speeding ticket in 12 years. The equipment stuff is always dropped as well because my Cousin or Uncle can sign off that they were corrected.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I can't believe some of the people in here are still allowed to drive.
when I left VA in 1998 I had -11 points on my license, and that was AFTER taking the +5 driver safety course. thankfully those points did not transfer over to texas LOL

john11gt

Established Member
Ive got to have around 20 or so in 8 years of driving. A handful are seatbelt tickets and the rest arent for anything too crazy, mainly just speeding a bit over.

A couple dumb tickets I remember were when I was 17, I got my truck stuck off a road while trying to pull someone else out and the cops came and gave me a ticket for improper lane usage and another was a ticket for "unnecessary acceleration" in my old thunderbird when I made a left and the tires squealed a little bit.

My latest ticket from about 3 months ago was for "illegal screeching of tires", after I installed a Steeda UCA I was out beating on it a bit enjoying that the wheel hop was gone.

I got stopped maybe 5 months ago for ripping through the gears and the cop came up to the window and told me that was a pretty stupid thing to be doing, lightheartedly, and I laughed and told him if I saw him sitting there I never would have did it. He ended up letting me off with just a warning.

torchred86gt

So many I can not remember! ! Many careless & reckless tickets, a lot of speeding tickets. I do remember getting pulled in my 71 Maverick Grabber by a state trooper. He wrote me 8 tickets & took my car! In excess of 100 mph, wrong tags on car, no insurance, c&r, etc. That was an expensive day! It is amazing I made it out of my 20s!! LOL!

35thPonyGT

Schwing!
Established Member
3 speeding and another for failure to signal in Houston rush hour @ 20mph (total cop out)
Currently doing online defensive driving as we speak!
67fa508b9667f7be94f558695ef6443e.jpg

B-O-B'03

Established Member
During the Jimmy Carter 55MPH years I received several driving back and forth between Dallas and Lubbock, they all seemed to be 71 in a 55.

I picked up 2 tickets on a road trip to NOLA, for my sister's wedding, in the family truckster, 4 or 5 years ago, I blamed those on having my in-laws in the van :-D

I have had 1 ticket in my '03 Cobra, in the 12+ years I have owned it, which is pretty remarkable considering how fast I drive it.

-Brian

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Let's just say that I lost my license for 3 years and 90 days at the ripe age of 18. Luckily, nothing since I was 22. I have grown up, calmed down, and gotten wiser.

Users who are viewing this thread