How many tickets have you had since you started driving?

How many tickets have you had?

• 1 to 5

Votes: 75 60.0%
  • 6 to 11

Votes: 20 16.0%
  • 12 to 17

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • WAY TOO MANY!

Votes: 23 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
So how many tickets have you received since you started driving. Feel free to explain what tickets you got, why, etc.

5 speeding tickets
2 non moving violations

Next month my record will be clean again, at least for insurance.

My last major ticket was a Reckless in VA back in 2010 which was a PITA but I managed to get out of it in court.

Last edited:

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
1 for 51 in a 30 when I was 17.

1 for "illegally squealing or screeching tires" that got thrown out.

1 for running a red light that got thrown out.

More window tint tickets than I can count, most of which were dismissed when I went to court with my prescription.

Plenty of no front plate tickets. I don't know what they are now, but they were cheap back then so I just sent in the money (non-moving violation).

All of them between 97 and 2004. The majority of the tint and front plate tickets were from one IL State Trooper. I sometimes wonder what he does with his time now that tint is legal in IL. :D

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
So many polls lately. lol

I've had 5 I believe.

3 seat belt tickets when I was in high school
1 speeding for 70 in a 55.
1 improper lane use/change/driving whatever when I was in high school

Not bad for 12 years of driving and I haven't had a ticket in about 4 years.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
I've had one ticket in my life after 15 years of driving.

Doing 61 in a 45. Ironically enough, the trooper pulled out after a car that passed me going 70+ plus passed him. But, got behind me shortly after and lit me up.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
I have had two, should have three but the last time I was pulled the officer let me go with a warning. Both tickets were for careless and wreckless driving. First ticket was b.s. I was leaving a basketball game in high school and I spun the tire accidentally, it was a gravel parking lot. Unfortunately one of my friends I went to school with prior to the game did donuts in their soccer field so when he found I went to that school he assumed I was trying to damage property. Second ticket I was turning right from a stop light and I chirped the tires when shifting second, all tickets where taken care of by lawyer.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
2 speeding tickets on record. First was on the grapevine, was racing a G35 all the way up, we mustve done 3-4 runs going uphill, I waxed that ass each time (in my stockish 02 GT). Got to the top and we both went our ways, 2 minutes later im getting lit up. 80 in a 65. Thought I was getting popped for racing so when he said he got me just for speeding and missed the entire show, I took it.

Second was just dumb, didnt check my speed going down the altamont, was doing 87 apparently and got lit up.

Both those went on record because apparently in some counties in CA even if you do traffic school they pop up on your record, meaning your insurance sees them, so **** it I just let them be.

Got a third speeding ticket not so long ago on some backroads, 65 in a 55. Nice sweeping 45* banked bend and the officer was waiting just on the other side. Didnt see him through the trees until it was too late. Oh well, that one stayed off my record so no biggie.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Hahahahah you guys are amatures .. Having been on the road for just over 40 years ... I have lost count ... but let's just say more than 17 but maybe less than 100. I take EVERY ticket to court ... and prolly have a 50% win record ...

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
too many.. I stopped counting a long time ago..

but I have something I bet no one else has... a "written warning for street racing" had a road block and everything.. now im grown up thank god lol

sonicblue04gt

Established Member
More than 10 but less than 20. If you count warnings, probably closer to 25.

My biggest ticket was Christmas '95. A couple friends and I were out cruising around. We got chased out of 3 different spots, all within a few miles of each other. Left the last spot and heading home, we decided to have a little run. Took off from light and slowed down, counted it off and let'em rip. Little did we know the cop that chased us out the spot we just left was 3 cars behind us. Lit us up and I got nailed with the following:

Exhibition of speed/engaging in speed contest (essentially street racing here in CO) - 12 points
Speeding - 65 in a 40 (when I looked down it was closer to 80, but wasn't going to say that) - 6 points
Impeding traffic - cause we took off, then slowed down below the posted speed limit - 3 ponts
Driving under suspension - 0 points, 2 hours in a holding cell waiting to be bailed out.

21 points, $1000 lawyer bill. Now for the best part.

Apparently the lawyer I hired had a previous case with the judge when the judge was a prosecutor. The DA wanted to hear about how he beat the now judge. Lawyer told him to drop everything but the Driving Under Suspension, 5 days wearing a ankle bracelet and he will tell him all about it. It worked because the DA dismissed ALL 21 points and got me 5 days wearing said bracelet. In Colorado, Driving Under Suspension was an automatic 5 days in county with a maximum of 6 months. Walked out of the courtroom and up to pay the fine. Lady says that will be $18. Gave her a 20 and told her to keep/donate the change and left that building feeling like the luckiest guy on the planet.

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
I have had the lamest of tickets for the amount of screwing around done during my high school days, thank god I wasn't caught for 'real' stuff:
1 - License plate light - written warning
1 - Tint ticket - fix it ticket
1 - careless driving - dismissed in teen court with 8hrs community service

Pulled over 3 other times but sent on my way after the usual. 10 years driving, no police action for 4, maybe 5 years at least.

Last edited:

DGladhill

Established Member
One speeding ticket in my wife's ( girlfriend at the time ) Cavalier, something like 68 in a 55.

Drive smart and you won't be getting pulled over ;)

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
0.... You can say I like to live dangerously haha. And there have been many close calls! Recently a copper flipped a u turn while I was going 45 in a 40. As soon as I saw him brake going the opposite way, I down shifted and floored it, slid into a gas station. Got out and walked towards the store. Cop pulled in to the gas station and gave me a dirty look, waited a few minutes, then left.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Last ticket was in 1998. 47 in a 35 in my 1975 F-100. Speedometer cable was broken, new was ordered and paid for WITH the receipt for it in my possession at the time of the stop. Went to court with the receipt on pics of me installing the new cable. Ticket was dismissed. 1 other speeding prior to that and got driving school and dismissed. It was a 63 in a 55 zone.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Last ticket was in 1998. 47 in a 35 in my 1975 F-100. Speedometer cable was broken, new was ordered and paid for WITH the receipt for it in my possession at the time of the stop. Went to court with the receipt on pics of me installing the new cable. Ticket was dismissed. 1 other speeding prior to that and got driving school and dismissed. It was a 63 in a 55 zone.

Now you just know the tricks to not getting caught ;)

Users who are viewing this thread