How many tickets have you had since you started driving?

How many tickets have you had?

• 1 to 5

Votes: 75 60.0%
  • 6 to 11

Votes: 20 16.0%
  • 12 to 17

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • WAY TOO MANY!

Votes: 23 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sdoo500

Established Member
21 now and have been pulled over 15-20 times. Two tickets which I fought both in court. Funny enough, both times I was written an actual ticket were the "least bad" times I got pulled over. (72 in a 60 and 45 in a 35) Amazing to me I have gotten out of some of the stuff I have. Oh and never used a lawyer in court just kind of played dumb and hoped for the best.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
In 20 years i have gotten three
2 speeding. 1 70 in a 40 when i was 17 and a 62 in a 55 when i was 29
1 tint in NY in the one year i lived there (2009)

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
24 years of driving, 3 speeding tickets (all 5-15 MPH over). 1 front plate ticket.

Years ago when I lived in Iowa, I had a built 93 RX7 with no front plate. I was minding my own business pumping fuel at a station when this small town cop pulled in behind me at the pump and turned on his lights and wrote me a ticket. As if all that was necessary.

I'm the only person I've known who got a ticket while pumping fuel...

Last edited:

ssssnake

Established Member
whistle.gif

starnsey

Established Member
0 in 10 years of driving. Have had a few warnings. I usually toss my keys on the dash and be nice to the officer if I get pulled over and I'm guessing since they probably deal with some entitled pricks most of the time when they pull people over, they don't worry too much about ticketing me. That or I've just gotten lucky dealing with all nice cops.

Chaoticreign

Established Member
Technically 1. It was when I was a teenager and still had my 02 GT. We had the car under my dad's name to save on insurance and when he transferred it over to me I never though to get it reinspected since it had always been my car. Slipped my mind completely. Had a state cop run my plate and pull me over with my dad in the car. Wrote the ticket anyway. Got it tossed out.

I got a warning when I totaled an 11' GT. Was riding too close and admittedly a little heated behind another motorist that had cut me off when I was waiting for an ambulance to pass by. Turned out he must have been looking for problems or to grab some insurance money because he slammed his brakes to a full stop on a busy road. I didn't hit him that hard but because his car was an SUV and my nose was low from braking, his hitch smacked the motor right off the mounts and into the firewall. He was given some sort of reckless driving ticket because there were a number of witnesses. I was only issued a warning. I got lucky. No points, even got my deductible back.

Branhammer

Established Member
2 For speeding and 1 for street racing. Got off with community service on that one. I was lucky.

Side note: for the first three years I was driving, someone wrecked into me once EVERY November. I was sitting at a stop sign/red light all three times. I was so happy when I broke the curse on year 4.

gnatsumarboc03

Established Member
I'm 25 now, but from age 17 to now probably around 20-25 tickets along with a few license suspensions, warrants, and jail time. :nonono:

fast ford brian

Established Member
Been pulled over to many times to remember but only 3 tickets in 22 years of driving . Speeding , exhaust to loud , tint to dark .

Kiohtee

Established Member
Two.

1) 120mph in a 55mph zone. Dropped to 80 in a 55 on the spot for pulling over immediately and having the car shut off, and was further reduced with a lawyer and driving class.

2) Seat belt ticket. I had literally just taken it off to pick up a spilled 20oz of Mountain Dew. :nonono:

Riptide

Established Member
One speeding ticket when I lived in Cali. 45 in a 35.

3 speeding tickets in the 19 years I've lived in Montucky. 64 in a 50, 67 in a 35, and 60 in a 50.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Been pulled over and hassled more times than I can remember, especially when I was younger and worked nights. Local cops would pull me over and search the car at least three times per month. Unfortunately, I was too young to know better.

Since owning the Cobra, I've had two completely BS tickets.
1 - For "smoked headlight lenses". These were the factory stock headlights and I never noticed that the stock Cobra lenses were slightly smoked until that day. Thrown out in court.

2 - Speeding 44 in a 35. The solitary speed limit sign was facing a cornfield and not visible to traffic on the road. Took a picture of it and showed to judge. Ticket thrown out.

Dr. Gonzo

We're in Bat Country
Established Member
Premium Member
Tickets received? somewhere between 15-20
Convictions for violations? Less than 7

ViciousJay

Established Member
42 haha yes I was an asshole and ran with the wrong crowd and got into trouble between 16-20 years old. Since being 21 I've had 1

Last edited:

ARavenousChimp

Just a GT
Established Member

Temp tag on my Licence plate expired.
The other one was a burnout through an intersection, but the actual ticket given was not leaving a stop sign safely. Caught a break on that one.

Users who are viewing this thread