GEN II VMP TVS- First pix

Saikodi

Established Member
We know flow but won't know power til we get a hard unit in hand for testing.

CARB? What's that? ;-)

bj

Totally unrelated question. So if you dont test it, how are you confident that it will give you what you want? Dont you have some simulation data? I have no idea how you come up with designs and validate them in your industry. Hence asking. :)

04SNK390HP

I hate SHEEPLE
Established Member
Totally unrelated question. So if you dont test it, how are you confident that it will give you what you want? Dont you have some simulation data? I have no idea how you come up with designs and validate them in your industry. Hence asking. :)

My guess would be plain and simple physics.

- A bigger inlet will have less restriction to the rotor pack
- Less resistance to the rotor pack= Mo flow
- Mo flow and less resistance= Mo efficient POWA :beer:

-Nick

Saikodi

Established Member
My guess would be plain and simple physics.

- A bigger inlet will have less restriction to the rotor pack
- Less resistance to the rotor pack= Mo flow
- Mo flow and less resistance= Mo efficient POWA :beer:

-Nick

Well I understand that. Thats the theory and if all goes well, the outcome is certain. But how to you validate the theory and flush out any flaws and produce a better product? R&D, simulation will help you create a better product. How is that done in this industry?

How many iterations of this product has been made and whats the improvement over the past iterations for this latest model?

VNMOUS1

Established Member

Of course we test them. Flow bench, dyno, track. In this case we will compare it to:

GT500 07-12 stock
Same era with our Gen 1 VMP TVS
Same era with Trinity
2013 with Trinity
Same with ported Trinity
Finally, against similar class offerings in twin screw design, pending availability.

We know exactly what it does in theory, per CAD modeling and volume per the rapid prototype that you see in comparison photos.

I answer inquiries based on current time facts, not conjecture or pie-in-the-sky hopes.

So, when I say we'll know when we have a "hard copy" bolted to the car, don't mistake my not wanting to make a BS claim with waiting for reality. It's to justify and protect your investment and our word.

Great idea, don't you think?

Bj

Saikodi

Established Member
Of course we test them. Flow bench, dyno, track. In this case we will compare it to:

GT500 07-12 stock
Same era with our Gen 1 VMP TVS
Same era with Trinity
2013 with Trinity
Same with ported Trinity
Finally, against similar class offerings in twin screw design, pending availability.

We know exactly what it does in theory, per CAD modeling and volume per the rapid prototype that you see in comparison photos.

I answer inquiries based on current time facts, not conjecture or pie-in-the-sky hopes.

So, when I say we'll know when we have a "hard copy" bolted to the car, don't mistake my not wanting to make a BS claim with waiting for reality. It's to justify and protect your investment and our word.

Great idea, don't you think?

Bj

Great! Just wanted to know how you do it. :)

Black05Shelby

Established Member
And if I understand airflow dynamics correctly, the larger inlet will also help to lower inlet air temps to the rotors, due to less restriction and flow volume being available from the larger elbow opening. The larger the opening behind the throttle body the less the air has to compress after passing through the throttle blades. Which should allow the air to stay a little cooler before hitting the rotors, hence the the lower inlet temps. In my humble opinion the new gen 2 is going to love a larger throttle body. BJ you guys might have to dust your 72mm TB's for this one, going to be awesome.

dsweet

Established Member
Reading through the thread, do you have a guess whether it is 30 or 60 days out? or do you think longer than that? The 67 TB was a great addition, I am sure that this will be also.
D.Sweet

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We are 4-8wks out based on my latest data from manufacturing.

This design also benefited from some CFD on the port shape.

The entry into the rotors has been optimized around the tips so they can reach out and "grab" air better.

MattR

Established Member
I see plenty of 700 rwhp TVS cars but they really seem to push the envelope to achieve this. KB cars with a 3" seems to be the norm to have 700rwhp. The attractive thing about the TVS vs the KB is the torque tends to be almost as high as the HP. Do you guys feel 700rwhp will be more the norm with the new TVS? when I had last talked to you I was told I could expect an honest 650/650 with the current gen TVS with my headers.

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
Any difference on the outlet side underneath from the VMP Gen I TVS or FRPP TVS?

Will VMP be making a TB larger than 72mm for this application?

VNMOUS1

Established Member
In time, gentlemen, in time.
As for the outlet, it's the same as the two you mentioned. There's a reason you don't want to be hogging it out. More to come.

Users who are viewing this thread