GEN II VMP TVS- First pix

VNMOUS1

Established Member
If you need a test car BJ, you know where I'm at.:-D

I looked for you...couldn't find you. :poke:

mother-of-god.jpg

I also volunteer to be a tester... my car needs a good ass kicking for not making 700rwhp.

Slacker. ;-)

Man BJ, you going to do a trade in program?? ;)

The math doesn't work. (We'd basically be trading dollars and doing all the leg work) But you can, no doubt, sell yours to someone if you find yourself wanting to trade up.

bj

qnitro

Established Member
:rockon:

I looked for you...couldn't find you. :poke:

Slacker. ;-)

The math doesn't work. (We'd basically be trading dollars and doing all the leg work) But you can, no doubt, sell yours to someone if you find yourself wanting to trade up.

bj

FlashNinja11

Pipe Dream King
Established Member
Yeah if you need a test 5.0 in the future, I'm only about 15 miles away and my car is currently stick.

mike69440

Established Member
Guess yy din't like Cats.

We sliced off the elbow so you could see the inlet. You could throw a cat in there. :banana:

Check your email sir.

bj

Having some understanding of how a PD bolwer works opposed to an axial twin screw, I see that your mods really should help the inlet air geting to the rotors with minimal restriction.

So what is really needed now is the +3L version of the TVS. That Blower will have overall as good or better (overall) efficiency than the best of the Twin Swrews for the 5.4-5.8L Fords and the Chevy 6.2L-7.0L motors.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
So what is really needed now is the +3L version of the TVS. That Blower will have overall as good or better (overall) efficiency than the best of the Twin Swrews for the 5.4-5.8L Fords and the Chevy 6.2L-7.0L motors.

I agree wholeheartedly with this. It would obsolete almost every other big blower out there.

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The VMP Cobra TVS is nearly as big as the upcoming Gen2 GT500 unit, but we're packaged limited on that car, and due to the design of the lower intake, we can't do a 1piece blower and elbow.

On both the GT500 and cobra the crutch of just about every rear-inlet PD blower is the inside rotor's air path. It always gets pinched off and starved. The one piece blower and elbow on the VMP Gen2 GT500 TVS really helps with this, we can start feeding the air to that rotor almost as soon as it comes through the TB.

When you talk about bigger...

GM actually chose a TVS 1740 for the new vette. Bigger isn't always better. You have to deal with packaging, rotating weight, and a handful of other things that don't always effect performance in a positive way.

Not to say that a 3.3l tvs is out of the question, but its a whole nother set of parameters (including cost) that isn't for everybody.

Red-GT500

Needs More Torque!
Established Member
Is it possible to buy the casing and use the rotor pack from my 13' TVS?

This... Ill buy a case from you guys and do the rotor swap myself. I cant afford to buy another blower right now. If you guys can make this happen it would be a huge benefit to those that have already purchased your previous version. I know its about selling new blowers but if i go that route im gonna buy a 3.6 or larger and be done with it. But if a case can net me a few more horses and better airflow for a reasonable price ill jump on it and im sure many others with the TVS would.

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
BJ,

I would be very interested to see gains with a blower only swap from the current VMP TVS.

I'm also curious to know if there is anything different or any porting on the outlet side underneath.

With this new blower's inlet being so much larger than the current gen, it seems a larger TB may be in order, or provide some additional gains. Are there any plans for a larger TB from VMP, and/or will the inlet accommodate current or future TB's larger than 72mm with oval ports?

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
BJ,

I would be very interested to see gains with a blower only swap from the current VMP TVS.

I'm also curious to know if there is anything different or any porting on the outlet side underneath.

With this new blower's inlet being so much larger than the current gen, it seems a larger TB may be in order, or provide some additional gains. Are there any plans for a larger TB from VMP, and/or will the inlet accommodate current or future TB's larger than 72mm with oval ports?

^ This. Would love to see the gains on the dyno and possible the track if at all possible with just going from gen 1 blower to the gen 2 blower :beer:

Last edited by a moderator:

VNMOUS1

Established Member
BJ,

^ This. Would love to see that gains on the dyno and possible the track if at all possible with just going from gen 1 blower to the gen 2 blower :beer:

We'll be doing head to head with:

Stock GT500 07-12 Eaton
Current VMP TVS
Trinity TVS

All on a 07-12 car (Christine)

As well as Trinity Vs Gen II on our 5.8L 13.

The integral inlet/plenum will accommodate a wide variety of throttle bodies.
The actual size you need will clearly depend on your HP goals. We will test a number of them.

Same goes for CAI units. They will all likely be JLT or stock.

As for track information, ETs are meaningless as a gauge of power but trap speeds are. The problem is that there are dozens of variables, even on the same track...same day. Environment, prep, the ability/inability to precisely match drivetrain dynamics (heat at every point, etc).

So, we'll have a ball wringing it out at the track, but controlled...repeatable information is what you're gonna need. It'll be up to you to make it work for you on the street or the track in your choice of configuration.

Speaking of which:

VMP TVS GEN II.
Your choice of pulley (bolt on)
"Elbow" is part of a 1-piece as-cast design
Color: Black only
Warranty
Unlimited tech support
VMP custom tuning available
$2999.00

bj

Red-GT500

Needs More Torque!
Established Member
No information on if we can buy just the case and use our VMP or Trinity TVS rotor pack in it? I cant really justify the 3K-4K cost of a new blower unless its a step up to something larger.

Users who are viewing this thread