Fun Cyber Truck Review

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Ha Ha Ha. Love it.

If we stayed the same, everyone would still have a horse and buggy.

BUt aT lEAsT i WoULd lOok kOOl. mentality cracks me up!

I guess we need to change this website's name to "SVTCoolNoize&Design"

Performance is crazy! Period!

blk02edge

Established Member
Has anyone come across one of the new Hummers in the wild yet? Those things are massive and heavy. I shudder at the thought of some suburban soccer mom wheeling these through traffic. They will destroy everything in their path in an accident. And then, for fun, burst into an inextinguishable flaming marshmallow.

And, the Cyber truck is fugly as sin. 'bout as useful as tits on a bull.
Yep, I've seen the pickup and the SUV. The suv didn't really stand out at all, even hate to admit that I didn't mind the way it looked. The truck version looked dumb

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
Ha Ha Ha. Love it.

You love it? Do you also eat shit for breakfast?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ha Ha Ha. Love it.

nOt SuRe If SeRiOuS. :ROFLMAO:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
You love it? Do you also eat shit for breakfast?
Oh, its ugly as sin. But looking at how technology changes along with "Performance", which is in this website's name, it's just funny how some people can't see past anything. (Blinded by the ugly or perception)

It's OK. Same people laughed at me when I told them I was going to run E85. Well, let's just say I have been laughing since as the power and "Performance", blew away conventional thinking with regular Pump 93 Octane Gas.

I am only looking at what they are coming out with. If nobody pushed the envelope, we would all have slow as shit cars. (Well like most are becoming)

I'll laugh my ass off when the guy in the sports car get DRUG by the soccer mom in a pickup after going to the grocery store!

I don't give a rats ass what it looks like to give it props for being way faster than it looks or should be. Shit, that's the whole definition of "Sleeper"

Carry on......

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Remember how radical the 1993 Dodge Ram was at the time? Bob Lutz had a great story about that one.

2nd Gen Ram was at least a traditional useful truck and very competitive spec wise. The Semi-Truck styling was polarizing but also a smashing hit as it finally put Ram sales on the charts.

Cyber Truck is not invitation.

It's a meme on a Model 3 chassis.

I do wonder if it will start a new "retro" trend for Gen-X and Millennials looking for 80's Squared off Techno Future cars.

Hyundai's N74 is a brilliant design in that regard. Pulling styling from the BMW M1, Delorian and 300ZX (Z31). It takes it's job seriously, unlike the Cybertruck.

1 Hyundai N Vision 74.jpg

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Ha Ha Ha. Love it.

Is that some sort of pitch for cyber truck's stellar looks?

With such a trend-setting design, new owners must also understand that greatness includes panel gaps.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Is that some sort of pitch for cyber truck's stellar looks?

With such a trend-setting design, new owners must also understand that greatness includes panel gaps.

OK. So a "Prototype" had some bad body lines. So what? Come on, you are smarter than that. I get it, most will never get over the looks and see what things were brought to the auto industry.

I won't be buying one so it doesn't matter. Yes, they are ugly as balls! LOL
For sure. Definitely old/tired technology that is sooooo 2000's.

lol
It really is actually. Very "Dodge" in a lot of aspects. Not refined at all. I worry every time I carefully close the door that the window doesn't just fall off the track and break. That AWESOME Dodge quality. LOL

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
2nd Gen Ram was at least a traditional useful truck and very competitive spec wise. The Semi-Truck styling was polarizing but also a smashing hit as it finally put Ram sales on the charts.

Cyber Truck is not invitation.

It's a meme on a Model 3 chassis.

I do wonder if it will start a new "retro" trend for Gen-X and Millennials looking for 80's Squared off Techno Future cars.

Hyundai's N74 is a brilliant design in that regard. Pulling styling from the BMW M1, Delorian and 300ZX (Z31). It takes it's job seriously, unlike the Cybertruck.

View attachment 1819485

IMO, the bulk of the advances the CT makes are in material sciences and engineering. They put it in that wrapper for attention, and it's working.

andymarkv

Established Member
I've fought with enough old junk trying to improve handling with quicker ratio steering boxes, that a completely variable steer-by-wire system is intriguing...but the mechanical side of me gets queasy at the thought of no mechanical connection.

Although, I've driven throttle by wire for 18 years without a hiccup...but that was easier to accept because if it DID fail, you just coast.

blk02edge

Established Member
IMO, the bulk of the advances the CT makes are in material sciences and engineering. They put it in that wrapper for attention, and it's working.
There's no doubt that the CT's steel and gorilla glass is cool. Id love to see a Diesel hybrid 3/4 ton truck built like that but with a traditional truck shape

andymarkv

Established Member
...or drive into a tree or building at a high rate of speed. Remember all those Toyota drive by wire incidents?
Absolutely!! Although it didn't scare us that much, because 95% of us are driving throttle by wire today.
Early adapters are always the guinea pigs...
Hell, Tesla consistently screws its own early adapters with price cuts.
But tech rich environments are all like that, just different to see it applied to vehicles.

On a side note...this podcast talks about potential issues from cosmic rays, how they might "turn on" chip components and why redundancy is paramount for important computer equipment (they also talk about the early Prius failures)

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I've fought with enough old junk trying to improve handling with quicker ratio steering boxes, that a completely variable steer-by-wire system is intriguing...but the mechanical side of me gets queasy at the thought of no mechanical connection.

Although, I've driven throttle by wire for 18 years without a hiccup...but that was easier to accept because if it DID fail, you just coast.
Ever flown in an airplane? They have been doing this for decades with "No mechanical connection" But they are among the safest way to travel by far.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
that a completely variable steer-by-wire system is intriguing...but the mechanical side of me gets queasy at the thought of no mechanical connection.
Absolutely love it in my PU. Just effortless control of the steering wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread