Eaton Swap progress pics

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
damn wallie!!! thats mighty good of you!

and why do i love the new edge crowd??? we take care of eachother THATS WHY!

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
Keep at it bro you'll get it!! That was a nice offer Wallie40 made and you don't see that very often!! Thanks for being a nice dude!

Jamie R.
'01 Silver Cobra on the Cover of MM&FF's August '07 Issue

Yeah it was, not too many people on this site as generous as him to even pay the shipping. :rockon:

keep at it.

My car is running already ;-)

:burnout: I wanna see that beast at MW so bad... How many more miles ya gotta put on it before you can get it tuned?

Red3

Established Member
lookin good dude. havent heard from u in awhile to see how it was going. i might be able to go to mustang week now. i might not be goin to cali since i broke my foot. not for sure yet but it is a poss. gimme a call and we can talk about it

01 Venom

Established Member
ya you def have the bulk of the work done, I would say a few days would cover it. You need to button up the vac stuff, what did you do with power steering? Gonna make your stock lines work?

Ya get the rails on and the injectors in and you are really almost there, a few more nights. Remember call me if you need help

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
lookin good dude. havent heard from u in awhile to see how it was going. i might be able to go to mustang week now. i might not be goin to cali since i broke my foot. not for sure yet but it is a poss. gimme a call and we can talk about it

Thanks man, yeah I'll give you a call later tonight. It would be sweet if you could make it.

ya you def have the bulk of the work done, I would say a few days would cover it. You need to button up the vac stuff, what did you do with power steering? Gonna make your stock lines work?

Ya get the rails on and the injectors in and you are really almost there, a few more nights. Remember call me if you need help

Power steering lines I'm gonna try and make the stock ones work. I know the Mach 1 guys didnt need to swap them, and I think I should be able to get away without messing with them, but I guess I'll have to see. My buddy TheHolyCobra is gonna help me out with some of the vacuum lines and the wiring stuff, and tonight I'm gonna put on the injectors and rails, and maybe the JLT (would that be fine to put on now?). Also gotta buy that BilletFlow pulley installer and get that pulley on there.

Oh another thing, did you guys use the 03 throttle and cruise cables, or your stock ones? I think I will have to make one final call to Steve to get the rest of the stuff figured out and make sure I have everything.

wallie40

Established Member
Thanks man, yeah I'll give you a call later tonight. It would be sweet if you could make it.

Power steering lines I'm gonna try and make the stock ones work. I know the Mach 1 guys didnt need to swap them, and I think I should be able to get away without messing with them, but I guess I'll have to see. My buddy TheHolyCobra is gonna help me out with some of the vacuum lines and the wiring stuff, and tonight I'm gonna put on the injectors and rails, and maybe the JLT (would that be fine to put on now?). Also gotta buy that BilletFlow pulley installer and get that pulley on there.

Oh another thing, did you guys use the 03 throttle and cruise cables, or your stock ones? I think I will have to make one final call to Steve to get the rest of the stuff figured out and make sure I have everything.

I made my stock ones work. I didnt change mine out. I just got a new return hose and slightly bent my PS lines. It has been a little over a year and no issues.

Your PS pulley is on its way, i shipped it out yesterday.

Keep the pics coming!

-Paul

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
I made my stock ones work. I didnt change mine out. I just got a new return hose and slightly bent my PS lines. It has been a little over a year and no issues.

Your PS pulley is on its way, i shipped it out yesterday.

Keep the pics coming!

-Paul

Thanks man!

Is it necessary to get a new return hose or was that just your own choice?

01 Venom

Established Member
I made my stock power steering lines work, it gets very tight on the lower blower pulley bracket, You will see what I mean when you put the lower pulley on. The bracket leans right on the line that comes out of the pump. You can kind of work it away from the bracket. Also the soft line that comes out of the res is tricky to run down to the pump, not a whole lot of room there. Be creative and it can work.

Yes if you get the rails and injectors in, put the plenum on, perhaps hold of on the JLT till last, you still need room to put the bridge on and your coolant lines and what not.

The blower pulley is gonna fight you, stock pulley youre using? Its a pita man, be very careful putting it on, make sure you follow the directions, if you put the stock pulley on wrong you could cause the blades to crash into the back of the case. Perhaps if you know someone who has done it before let them do it.

I used my stock throttle and cruise cables with no problems.

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
I made my stock power steering lines work, it gets very tight on the lower blower pulley bracket, You will see what I mean when you put the lower pulley on. The bracket leans right on the line that comes out of the pump. You can kind of work it away from the bracket. Also the soft line that comes out of the res is tricky to run down to the pump, not a whole lot of room there. Be creative and it can work.

Yes if you get the rails and injectors in, put the plenum on, perhaps hold of on the JLT till last, you still need room to put the bridge on and your coolant lines and what not.

The blower pulley is gonna fight you, stock pulley youre using? Its a pita man, be very careful putting it on, make sure you follow the directions, if you put the stock pulley on wrong you could cause the blades to crash into the back of the case. Perhaps if you know someone who has done it before let them do it.

I used my stock throttle and cruise cables with no problems.

Yeah, I attempted the lower pulley install already and saw those lines, but the lower pulley doesn't even fit all the way on because the walls on the side of the power steering pulley are too big and wont let it get on far enough to the crank pulley to begin threading it on there. But when I did attempt it, I was able to bend that hard line out of the way pretty far.

Yep, using the stock pulley. I've heard that it doesn't go on very easily, but that the Billetflow installer is a very good install tool so I'm gonna buy that one. Dont know of anyone off hand who has done an install, so hopefully I wont screw anything up. :shrug:

Thanks for all the help and motivation guys! :rockon:

01 Venom

Established Member
Ya once you get that PS pulley from our friend here you should be able to roll from there. For the return line I just got some fuel hose and routed it myself. God is it tight with the alternator there though.

You have the alternator and brackets? You have to extend the alternator wire a bit and swap the connector. Not too hard to do.

I did it once using the LFP pulley puller, it was ROUGH man. You need a ton of force to get it on. Be sure to heat the pulley up a little bit with a torch or something, be sure you DONT heat it up while its on the shaft hehe, there is a plastic seal in the nose that will melt, go ahead ask me how I know that :)

Youre doing well though, everything has its place remember, just bolting shit on from here.

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
Ya once you get that PS pulley from our friend here you should be able to roll from there. For the return line I just got some fuel hose and routed it myself. God is it tight with the alternator there though.

You have the alternator and brackets? You have to extend the alternator wire a bit and swap the connector. Not too hard to do.

I did it once using the LFP pulley puller, it was ROUGH man. You need a ton of force to get it on. Be sure to heat the pulley up a little bit with a torch or something, be sure you DONT heat it up while its on the shaft hehe, there is a plastic seal in the nose that will melt, go ahead ask me how I know that :)

Youre doing well though, everything has its place remember, just bolting shit on from here.

Ok, so then I need to buy some fuel hose for the return port on the p/s pump. As for installing the pulley, I've read that you can boil it to get it a little loosened up as well.

And I do have the alternator and brackets and such for that, so that shouldnt be too bad.

To be honest though, I'm surprised I've even gotten the car this far. I have very little experience working on cars, the Cobra was my first car, and the only car I've ever worked on, all I'd done previous to this was just a catback and x pipe install and my JLT, nothing else. I just want to drive it, it's been over 7 months since I've driven it. :mj:

01 Venom

Established Member
Wow, very impressive man, this really is a little more then a backyard project as you now know heh. Keep chuggin you will get there

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
man Mike, you're comming along on this! you basically just have a few small things left. hopefully the new ps pulley from Paul does the trick. i wish i could help you more on the ps line stuff, but i was lucky to get the return line "T" section from they guy with the 03. i did make my own feed line section though....

wallie40

Established Member
The PS line is a tight fit between the brackets but it fits. We promise.

It sounds like you are close to being done. Hopefully you will be ready to start her up again.

-paul

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
Just arrived a couple minutes ago! Once again thanks to Paul, gotta love the New Edge crowd helping each other out!

This one will definitely work, the sides are much smaller than the ones on the 99 pulley.

DSC016381.jpg

Time to get back to work on it, and maybe have it finished this weekend! :rockon:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread