Eaton Swap progress pics

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
All in all with the 03 Cobra gas tank, the tune, lots of random parts and such since I didn't have all them to begin with, and my Xcal 3, around $3700-$4000 ish, I haven't added everything up yet, but its in that vicinity. I could've cut corners and been low $3xxx but when your already putting in this much, you learn to not cut corners and do things right the FIRST time, not the second. :lol1:

Also, 4.56's with this is a bit much, as you can see 1st is completely useless, however 2nd gear is manageable. I like them for now, but they will have to be changed sometime, maybe later in the year or next year after I beef up the motor a little.

Hi-Hat

Established Member
Also, 4.56's with this is a bit much, as you can see 1st is completely useless, however 2nd gear is manageable. I like them for now, but they will have to be changed sometime, maybe later in the year or next year after I beef up the motor a little.

NOOO!

I was hoping you would say they would work! I dont wanna do another gear change the magical day I get FI. :cryying:

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
NOOO!

I was hoping you would say they would work! I dont wanna do another gear change the magical day I get FI. :cryying:

I like them for the time being, dont get me wrong. They are an absolute blast, however I would like for first gear to be useable. That is my only complaint, the way they pull in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear is awesome though. :bowdown: So, saying they "dont work" isn't very accurate, its just that there not the best choice for the long run, especially if you have plans for a built shortblock and more boost.

Hi-Hat

Established Member
I like them for the time being, dont get me wrong. They are an absolute blast, however I would like for first gear to be useable. That is my only complaint, the way they pull in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear is awesome though. :bowdown: So, saying they "dont work" isn't very accurate, its just that there not the best choice for the long run, especially if you have plans for a built shortblock and more boost.

I figured thats how it would be with the gears and blower. I just dont wanna face reality.

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
Haha, yeah, I mean I wouldn't put these in specifically for a blower, but they sure are a blast from 20-115! Dont let that discourage you from going the forced induction route though!

01 Venom

Established Member
well I think the problem is more due to the fact that its a Roots style blower. The main reason you do gears is to put you in your power band quicker. Well with a Roots style blower, you make peak torq some where in the mid to high 2k RPM range. The moment you put the foot to the floor youre making max boost and max power. The gear thing isnt really needed anymore. Many terminators run blistering times with their stock 3.55s.

The problem wouldnt be so bad with a turbo or centri blower which tends to build and peak power.

Users who are viewing this thread