Eaton Swap progress pics

wallie40

Established Member
Mike, glad you got it ok.

Hopefully you will be done soon. Good luck!

Let me know if you have any other questions.

-paul

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
Will do. I've worked 5 days straight since thursday so haven't had a chance to mess around with trying to get the pulley actually off of the shaft, so I'll probably do that tonight, I know Nick did it so hopefully he see's this and can chime in if he ran into any problems removing/installing his. Then tomorrow I'm having a couple of my buddies over here to help me out and then with any ounce of luck it might be close to completed, just need to buy the pulley installer from billetflow to get the blower pulley on.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
hey Mike. it really wasn't a big deal getting that ps pulley off and on. just rent a good ps pulley puller tool from a parts store. it's on there freaking tight, so be ready to cuss....;-). feel free to call if you need anything.

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
Hey man i just got my car back and running this morning at like 1a.m.

I wish you the best man. It does get frustrating but it definitely put a HUGE smile on my face when its all done.

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
hey Mike. it really wasn't a big deal getting that ps pulley off and on. just rent a good ps pulley puller tool from a parts store. it's on there freaking tight, so be ready to cuss....;-). feel free to call if you need anything.

Alright, getting ready to head out here pretty soon to start on it. If I have any problems I'll give you a call.

Hey man i just got my car back and running this morning at like 1a.m.

I wish you the best man. It does get frustrating but it definitely put a HUGE smile on my face when its all done.

Congrats, have you had it tuned yet? If so, what kinda numbers did it make?

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
Alright, getting ready to head out here pretty soon to start on it. If I have any problems I'll give you a call.

Congrats, have you had it tuned yet? If so, what kinda numbers did it make?

No tune yet, i have to relocate the IAT to the blower then off to the dyno.

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
Yeah, I ordered these 2 things as posted by "cre8787" on the Registry.

3U2Z-14S411-SSA IAT2 sensor conector and (9F479) Sensor on the back of the S/C (MAP)

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
Wow, I cant believe I'm actually saying this, but... Taking off the power steering pulley was simple. I had trouble with it the first five minutes, gave Nick a call to see how to stop it from spinning and got some ideas, did some brain storming for a couple minutes, and here is what I came up with.

DSC01640.jpg

Stuck a screw driver in there to keep it from moving, and just tightened the tool and off it came. It was surprisingly easy, took about 3 minutes and came right off. :rockon:

DSC01642.jpg

Last edited:

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
awesome Mike, glad you got it figured out! don't know if i even helped or not....i'd say if getting the old one off was easy, then the install should be cake too. mine was a stubborn SOB!

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
Haha, yeah I was expecting it to be a total PITA when I first started, but after I put the screw driver in there, it was easy. I'm going to rent the installer tomorrow so hopefully that will go easy, then I think I can install the new pulley, then the lower pulley, then the alternator, then the pulley bridge, then do the intake stuff and connect the vacuum lines and then it should be close to done (maybe?)...just gotta wait on the Billetflow installer to come in.

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
Ok starting to move along on things here today. Yet again, another problem. The power steering lines are a total mess. So I need to buy a new hose for the return line correct?

mach1gsxr

Established Member
Extend the larger line from your power steering reservior about a 1ft and re-route it from the pump around to the front of the car and back to the reservior. Basically to get it around the alt. Get a big wrench and turn the nipple on the p.s. pump down so the hose goes away from the alt. Ive done 3 of them that way with no problems.

Users who are viewing this thread