Eaton Swap progress pics

wallie40

Established Member
You have to have it to clear the alternator. Why not swap him with yours? Damn i just gave.. and i mean for free away last week.

-pAul

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
You have to have it to clear the alternator. Why not swap him with yours? Damn i just gave.. and i mean for free away last week.

-pAul

I offered him that, he said he needs his stock oil cooler because thats the only one that will work with his turbo kit... Which i find hard to believe. He is telling me that it is not part of the deal though, when it sure as hell is part of the deal because that is a main piece that needs to be swapped for the eaton swap...

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
Hah, who knows, its not like I am asking the guy for a part I dont need. I paid him all the money, my end of the deal is done, I dont owe him anything. I just want an oil cooler, which he still owes me because he sold me a complete eaton swap setup, yet I am still missing that part.

Red3

Established Member
mike, if u do decide to head down here with a bat let me know and i will meet you. or i could do some covert ops and steal it off his car in the middle of the night if u have an addy. lol. i will be home from va this weekend and see if i can get one for you

01 Venom

Established Member
ya that sux, there is no way around it, you need an 03 cooler. Expensive part from ford also, about 300 bux give or take depending on where you go

01YellowCobra23

SNAKE CHARMED
Established Member
who "jewed" you outa the oil cooler?? let us know so we have a heads up if he's trying to sell any other parts

but forreal thats some B.S

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
I am going to try and keeps names out of this for now, I just received a PM from him and he is now telling me that he will send me his if I send him mine (not sure why the change of heart now), I will keep this thread updated, I am not trying to start anything with anyone here, but my car has been sitting for over 3 months torn apart and I just want it finished.

-Mike

Scout238

Eaton Poweredddddd!!!
Established Member
I am going to try and keeps names out of this for now, I just received a PM from him and he is now telling me that he will send me his if I send him mine (not sure why the change of heart now), I will keep this thread updated, I am not trying to start anything with anyone here, but my car has been sitting for over 3 months torn apart and I just want it finished.

-Mike

Good luck with the oil cooler. I know the feeling with the car... in the middle of my swap. It has been months now and I just want the damn thing together!

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
Ok, so the car has been put on the back burner for some time and its STILL not finished due to missing parts/not enough time/loss of interest/no experience with some stuff, but it is coming together now that I have a lot of time with school out. I ran into a little dilemma though. Installing the lower pulley I am having some trouble. It wont thread, at all. It appears as if the cage is running into the power steering pulley. Any other 99 swappers run into this problem? I took some pictures of it, but wont be able to upload them right away as I lost the cord that goes to the computer. I talked to 99Rio tonight and we both thought that I might need to get the 03 cobra power steering pulley, but not too sure on that because he just swapped his when he did it. So if anyone has any insight to add, please let me know! I will probably just end up buying the 03 power steering pulley.

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
Ok, so the car has been put on the back burner for some time and its STILL not finished due to missing parts/not enough time/loss of interest/no experience with some stuff, but it is coming together now that I have a lot of time with school out. I ran into a little dilemma though. Installing the lower pulley I am having some trouble. It wont thread, at all. It appears as if the cage is running into the power steering pulley. Any other 99 swappers run into this problem? I took some pictures of it, but wont be able to upload them right away as I lost the cord that goes to the computer. I talked to 99Rio tonight and we both thought that I might need to get the 03 cobra power steering pulley, but not too sure on that because he just swapped his when he did it. So if anyone has any insight to add, please let me know! I will probably just end up buying the 03 power steering pulley.

Im doing the swap as well. I do believe you need the 03/04 cobra power steering pulley.

Dont be frustrated man, im paying a shop to do the install and it has already taken 2 weeks. All the little parts such as hardware and hoses thats needed exactly from a 03/04 cobra are hard to find. Or else you have to order directly from Ford in Detroit.

It should of only taken 3 days but it has been going on 2 weeks because either Ford keeps on sending the wrong part or when your starting to put everything on you realize something is missing.

After all said and done, i know its going to be worth it. Good luck man!

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
hey Mike, forgot to ask you earlier, but did you thread it together with the inner crank pulley when it was off of the car? cause that would at least eliminate bad threads....i would definitely try the ps pulley. that's probably not allowing it to go in far enough to catch the threads. don't get down on this man. i know it's been going on a while, but like Wishing4Cobra said i will be well worth it!

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
He's just bitching cuz there is some hot tail at his new job and the GTP ain't pulling any that's under 50...

lol

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
hey Mike, forgot to ask you earlier, but did you thread it together with the inner crank pulley when it was off of the car? cause that would at least eliminate bad threads....i would definitely try the ps pulley. that's probably not allowing it to go in far enough to catch the threads. don't get down on this man. i know it's been going on a while, but like Wishing4Cobra said i will be well worth it!

I did not, I tried once, but realized it wouldnt work unless the crank pulley was mounted to something that would not allow it to move. What I could do to test though, is take off the p/s pump and try and thread on the lower like that, and then if that works, maybe try and put the p/s pump and pulley back on with it already on there maybe... :shrug:

He's just bitching cuz there is some hot tail at his new job and the GTP ain't pulling any that's under 50...

lol

Sad but true...kinda :lol:

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
I did not, I tried once, but realized it wouldnt work unless the crank pulley was mounted to something that would not allow it to move. What I could do to test though, is take off the p/s pump and try and thread on the lower like that, and then if that works, maybe try and put the p/s pump and pulley back on with it already on there maybe... :shrug:
yea, that sounds like a good idea. i would try that then.

Users who are viewing this thread