Eaton Swap progress pics

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
lookin good man! glad it's sorta getting close....yea, there is no hole there for that timing cover bolt. no worries. still fighting with that tank?

01 Venom

Established Member
ya there is a bolt on the terminator Iron Block, but not on ours, no worries you wont have a problem heh.

SO whats the problem with the tank?

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
Do you still have the 4.56s in?? If so, are you going to keep them on with the eaton?

Yep, still in there. I plan on driving the car around on them for a little while and seeing how bad it is and if it will be manageable but the plan will be to go to 3.73's about a month or so after its done, maybe sooner if its REALLY bad.

lookin good man! glad it's sorta getting close....yea, there is no hole there for that timing cover bolt. no worries. still fighting with that tank?

Thanks, and yep, I havent messed with it for about a week though.

ya there is a bolt on the terminator Iron Block, but not on ours, no worries you wont have a problem heh.

SO whats the problem with the tank?

Well, it has a full tank and we obviously need to syphon some of the gas out. But the problem is, we cant get the fuel filler neck out of the tank to do so before we drop it. Nick gave me the idea to loosen up the straps a little bit and then try it again, but I wasnt able to do that because we needed a longer extension for the one strap bolt on the drivers side and I havent had time to work on it in about a week.

01 Venom

Established Member
ya the tank is a slight PITA for sure, I dont think youre gonna like those 4.56s

But I do enjoy the 4.10s

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
are you ready for this???

Use small 1inch clay balls to test fit the discharge mani. Keep griding until none of the metal presses through the clay...it took me 7 attempts LOL

site1076.JPG

site1077.JPG

ks_boss_mods.jpg

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
are you ready for this???

Use small 1inch clay balls to test fit the discharge mani. Keep griding until none of the metal presses through the clay...it took me 7 attempts LOL

site1076.JPG

site1077.JPG

ks_boss_mods.jpg

I see 2 red x's lol.

The lower intake sits on just fine, my buddy grinded down the knock sensors flush and it sits on there good.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
I see 2 red x's lol.

The lower intake sits on just fine, my buddy grinded down the knock sensors flush and it sits on there good.

the third one is the most important lol
I did the same thing...ground em right down flat as hell after the 6th test fit

man it hurt me to take a grinder to my block but it was very very worth it in the end

01 Venom

Established Member
I agree Double O worst part of the whole project. To Eaton swap you need to grind tabs off the heads to, KB make you do that?

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
Yea that was definitely the worst part however I didn't have the balls to take a grinder to my block so I let my buddy do it and just sat back and watched lol.

crazycarlo

Established Member
Hey guys Im not an expert but i was reading on the sn-95 page that there is a way to like short the fuel pump relay or something. Anyways if you have a hose hooked up to the schrader valvce on ur fuel rail you can empy a tank in a brief period cause it shorts the fuel pump into running wide open. Just a thought.

01 Venom

Established Member
Hey guys Im not an expert but i was reading on the sn-95 page that there is a way to like short the fuel pump relay or something. Anyways if you have a hose hooked up to the schrader valvce on ur fuel rail you can empy a tank in a brief period cause it shorts the fuel pump into running wide open. Just a thought.

interesting

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member

I believe some tuners can send you a tune that turns your fuel pumps on 100% or whatever and it can empty the tank...not sure who all would do that though.

wallie40

Established Member
Heh i had my engine on a stand so it was easy to grind everything off and test fit!!

Suckers!!!!

LOL... it was scary grinding down my newly rebuilt engine... :(.

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
Well it looks like the project will be put on hold. The seller of the parts has directly told me he will not give me nor buy me an 03 Cobra oil cooler. It was agreed that it was a complete Eaton swap, and I have gotten most parts up until now (even though it has taken about 2-3 months to get most of them). I paid him the full price he asked for ($2800) and it was agreed that it would be everything to do an eaton swap. He is now telling me that the oil cooler is not part of the deal and never was, he needs it on his car and will not buy one to ship to me... Now someone correct me if I am wrong, but the 03 Cobra oil cooler is a main part needed to complete the swap, is it not? He has told me it is not part of the deal. I will be posting up a thread about this soon, I hate scammers. All I want is my damn oil cooler.

/Rant

Users who are viewing this thread