Eaton Swap progress pics

01 Venom

Established Member
rough? really? like how bad? what was it doing? What meter did you go with?
My car ran at idle and around town like it was stock with the base tune in

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
yea, i wouldn't have expected rough. oh well, that's what tuning is for. taking care of issues like that. good luck Mike and keep us posted.

TheHolyCobra

Widened 10th Wheel Guy...
Established Member
^ so i'm assuming the tune went down tonight then...:pop:

The tune definitely went down tonight...the Green Machine was out ripping up the streets. And if I had to describe how fast it is and how hard it pulls then I would say this:

:eek:

jawdrop.gif

The 4.56s make that car a MONSTER.

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
this *** knows #'s before I do?

:lol:

All I can say is... HOLY SHIT!! This thing pulls like a damn freight train!!! :eek:

Yes, the tune went down tonight! Don and Rob LaSota really fixed this thing up and put a nice safe tune in it and it drives better than it did at stock IMO!

Now keep in mind it was about 80-90* out and I do have the 4.56's out back, and the timing is set at 13-14*. She made 428 rwhp and 390 rwtq, not too bad for a home ported eaton considering all the conditions! :rockon:

And as for the 4.56's...they are PERFECT!!

I cant say enough about Don and Rob LaSota though, they really know there stuff...this thing runs phenominal!! I gave the car a LOT of love on the way home, multiple 25-115 mph runs :rockon: And this thing is AMAZING. After all the crap I went through and all the problems...it was WELL worth it!! I am uploading a video as we speak!!

Hi-Hat

Established Member
Any traction issues? Will you be keeping the 4.56s on? Hope so, it would be nice to see someone with a blower ( a roots one for that matter! ) and 4.56s on his car. I thought Id be screwed for adding FI with my 4.56s.

01 Venom

Established Member
Damn! Nice work man, well done. Told you it would all be worth it in the end.

Guys this is a tough project and by no means a weekend warrior project, but its a great thing to do, the car responds so well to it. And now the door is open down the road to have a real beast.

Congrats man, I am very happy for you, now go shock some terminators :)

Tremor

NO MERCY
Mike congrats man, I know you wanted to sell the kit and not finish it at one point.

But everything came out perfect in the end and those 4.56 really pull hard on that vid :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread