Eaton Swap progress pics

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
looks great! i'm thrilled everything turned out awesome for you. just like we all said, after driving it you forget all the hangups along the way. glad you're enjoying it nicely. nice vid too by the way!

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
Thanks guys!! Droptop I'll have to take you for a spin and you can tell me how it compared to your S trim...this thing just leaves me in shock after stepping on it in 2nd gear!! I tried a first gear run from a stop and it just spun like crazy! But as of now... The 4.56's will be staying in... The car is a monster from 25-115, and thats all the faster I need to be going anyways. :rockon:

I just love how as soon as you step on it you are just thrown back in your seat and it doesn't let go, through every gear it is like that, the power never falls off! :D

I'd really like to thank 99Riocobra, 01 Venom, Wallie40, droptopsnake01, and virtualsvt for all of there help, support and motivation! There were times when I just wanted to push the car off a bridge, but man was it all worth it!

Long live the Eaton swap! :rockon:

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
awesome man. glad i could help! ha, yea sometimes you sounded so frustrated on the phone....but you pushed through. enjoy your car and get some track times!

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
awesome man. glad i could help! ha, yea sometimes you sounded so frustrated on the phone....but you pushed through. enjoy your car and get some track times!

Oh yeah, I just remember thinking the car would never be done and just sit forever...but man once its finished...:banana: I couldn't have done it without you!

Track times will probably be in a couple weeks, I dont want to break anything before MW, but I hope I can muster up an 11. :rockon:

ya man, glad we could help. Rio kept me in line many times ;)

Haha, yep, I appreciate all the help you gave me as well man, the alternator you told us how to wire up is working fantastic :rolling:

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
Oh and can anyone host some videos for me so you guys can see them in there full near HD quality? Photobucket really waters them down, blower is much louder and in the car it sounds like a KB almost.

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
Well there are a couple. Some I will have to shorten but the smallest one at 18 seconds is 65 mb and is a pretty cool 2nd and 3rd gear sprint and then there is a first gear run which is about 95 mb. The videos are really high quality.

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
DSC05235.jpg

DSC05236.jpg

DSC05237.jpg

DSC05242.jpg

DSC05254.jpg

wallie40

Established Member
Congrats Mike, it looks great. Nice #'s too.

I know the feeling about wanting to push it off a cliff. I actually had sold my car as just a shell with no engine/trans or harness for 7k.

My wife talked down off the roof! i almost jumped. Thank god i didnt.

So how many Eaton/KB/Whippled 99/01's are there now?

-Paul

Users who are viewing this thread