Eaton Swap progress pics

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
Congrats Mike, it looks great. Nice #'s too.

I know the feeling about wanting to push it off a cliff. I actually had sold my car as just a shell with no engine/trans or harness for 7k.

My wife talked down off the roof! i almost jumped. Thank god i didnt.

So how many Eaton/KB/Whippled 99/01's are there now?

-Paul

Thanks Paul! I am very pleased with everything about the car, it is exactly what I wanted it to be. :rockon:

You guys have no idea how much of a dream come true this is for me though... I am still in shock. For any of you on the fence about doing this... If you really want to do it and have some good basic skills, go for it! After seeing all the troubles I had I imagine it scared some people away..but the first time you go WOT, those troubles are erased from your mind. :rolling:

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-0FehlJLfg"]YouTube - 4.56 geared Eaton swapped Cobra[/ame]

Make sure to watch in high quality, the standard (which is the default) is horrible!

Last edited:

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
And another just for good measure.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IosKaFAS-U"]YouTube - Trying first gear with the Eaton and 4.56's[/ame]

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
I love it!

I have some tires your more than welcome to borrow so you can run it at Mustang Week

Dude, your awesome!! I was thinking about running it down there, but I'd only be on street tires, and that would be a complete waste of time! Man I love this New Edge community, some of the best guys out there! :banana: However if I break something...:dw: Ah well, I'll just have to trailer it home or just go easy on it!

I'm glad you like it though, coming from someone who has had a 600 rwhp S trim car and now a 700 rwhp twin car, I must've done something right! :lol1:

And BTW, the tank and pumps are doing great, no chance of starving this thing for fuel! The first couple miles I drove it it didn't register it had any gas in it at all, then when I filled it up on the way home, it just randomly started working? :shrug: Oh well, all that I know is it works great now!

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
Is there anyway to get the car to hook on the street? I wanna keep my 4.56s and add blower. Are slicks the only option?

Well, as you can see from the 2nd video posted, first is a waste of time, goes from 1500-6000 rpm's in about a second, no hop, just spin. However, you can see that as soon as I get into second, she moves out! :D I am running drag radials in the vids, but nothing crazy, just 275/40/17 Nitto 555R's. Keep the 4.56's and add a blower, its a load of fun!

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
Dude, your awesome!! I was thinking about running it down there, but I'd only be on street tires, and that would be a complete waste of time! Man I love this New Edge community, some of the best guys out there! :banana: However if I break something...:dw: Ah well, I'll just have to trailer it home or just go easy on it!

I'm glad you like it though, coming from someone who has had a 600 rwhp S trim car and now a 700 rwhp twin car, I must've done something right! :lol1:

And BTW, the tank and pumps are doing great, no chance of starving this thing for fuel! The first couple miles I drove it it didn't register it had any gas in it at all, then when I filled it up on the way home, it just randomly started working? :shrug: Oh well, all that I know is it works great now!

No problem. Will my 325-50-15's fit on your car? If they dont I have some 305-35-18's I just mounted up today.

And if you do break (hopefully not) I can put your car in my trailor and atleast get you back to Myrtle Beach.

Good to hear that the tank/pumps are doing well.

And its 750rwhp Mister;-)

Either way I can appreciate a car that has had some hard work put into it, reguardless of how much power it makes.

Congrats again man.

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
No problem. Will my 325-50-15's fit on your car? If they dont I have some 305-35-18's I just mounted up today.

And if you do break (hopefully not) I can put your car in my trailor and atleast get you back to Myrtle Beach.

Good to hear that the tank/pumps are doing well.

And its 750rwhp Mister;-)

Either way I can appreciate a car that has had some hard work put into it, reguardless of how much power it makes.

Congrats again man.

Haha, I dont think those will fit, :lol1: but thanks! The 18's will though. :thumbsup: I appreciate the offer man, and depending on how ballsy I feel, I may take you up on the 18's for a pass or 2. :beer:

750 rwhp...thats just dumb lol. I'm having a blast on 428 rwhp!! :lol:

I cant wait to see your car down there!

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
ya man, glad we could help. Rio kept me in line many times ;)
haha, just trying to help as many 99/01's get supercharged as we can...:beer:

nice new vids you posted Mike! looks like she pulls quite nicely for ya! definitely say goodbye to tires lasting for many thousands of miles...:rolling:

and man i wish i could make it to MW! stupid work....

Last edited:

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
haha, just trying to help as many 99/01's get supercharged as we can...:beer:

nice new vids you posted Mike! looks like she pulls quite nicely for ya! definitely say goodbye to tires lasting for many thousands of miles...:rolling:

and man i wish i could make it to MW! stupid work....

Thanks Nick! She pulls real nice! It's really a fun car now!

I wish you could make it to MW too, the new edge meet would be even more epic. :lol1:

So when are you going to start your build? :rolling:

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
Ok guys, last video for a little while I promise! Had to throw in a dyno vid!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgqGtsNqOko"]YouTube - Eaton Swap 99 Cobra dyno pull[/ame]

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Thanks Nick! She pulls real nice! It's really a fun car now!

I wish you could make it to MW too, the new edge meet would be even more epic. :lol1:

So when are you going to start your build? :rolling:
haha, epic indeed...lol. well, i've started gathering a few parts here and there. i should be picking up my 03/04 tank this weekend, and the k-member will be going on next week hopefully if i have enough time...won't be to long!

Users who are viewing this thread