BAD SELLER

TrucidoDeus

Established Member
Literally just got on here to see if this guy is flaming me on here as well. The car was running perfectly fine when he left with it. I had bought a 240amp alternator for the car the begining of last September. The new one crapped out on the guy 10 miles out of town. He bought a new one and I installed it for him so he could drive home.

Mind you I went and picked him up 10 miles from my home in the Cobra, doing multiple WoT pulls on the way back. After getting the alternator swapped they headed home. Guy has issues with what sounds like spark plug blowout when he gets home, so I recommended he replace them as I usually ran Torco or some other MMT booster in it and that stuff chews through plugs pretty quickly.

I had replaced the coils and still had the box with the coils that were taken out and offered to send those to him when he said that one had been saturated from a valve cover leak. Tried being respectful and helping him out, but I'm sorry, I'm not going to continue to pay for repairs when I no longer own a car that was running fine when it left me.

This guy then goes and posts a review to my jobplace stating that they had work done and I was apparently 'rude, disrespectful and racist' out of spite. If you have an issue with the compression check that was done, I'd recommend contacting the shop that did it and figuring out how they got the number they did, because with the vehicle running fine and the compression check showing fine I would literally have no reason to think anything's wrong.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
CrGgifiWcAEgJ_1.jpg

I'm not taking sides at this point because I have no idea where the actual truth lies, now that @TrucidoDeus has stated his side. I've seen too many threads where it ultimately became a "he said, he said" slug fest, often leaving us to draw our own conclusions based on the "testimony" of both sides.

For sure, not all transactions are going to please both parties. That's just a cold, hard fact. Sellers should always be truthful and disclose what should be disclosed (which doesn't always happen), and buyers should always remember the "buyer beware" law and exercise due diligence in taking the appropriate time to have a vehicle THOROUGHLY checked out and tested on the road before a sales agreement is finalized. That's just common sense, but sometimes corners are, or have to be, cut. And that's where problems can arise after the sale.

Last edited:

svgt

Established Member
He gave me paper work but noone can verify i called the shop he took it to and they said that motor was on its way out. This guy did pulls to 4k and stopped anytjing past that it sputtered and how does rhe compression drop in a year to below 110 psi that shows something was wrong with the motor prior to purchase as per your ..google review that wasnt me maybe you shouldnt be such shady guy and people wouldnt have a issue with you

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
What about the point that he picked you up and did pulls in the car?
This is a complete he said/she said.

TrucidoDeus

Established Member
The shop I took it to isn't open on the weekends, so I'm really not sure how you called and they said it was on it's way out...

I'm not going to be that guy and post all of your personal information to prove that it was your wife that posted a review. I will in a PM with the mods, but not in public....

svgt

Established Member
Ive got nothing more to say on this. Your a real piece of work for selling ..something knowingly had issues. At least be honest. Point proven how does 160 psi drop to 110 in. Year and your coil packs you replaced all had broken connectors i can post pictures for you. As well but im literally over this im gonna build this motor. I dont expect anything outta you. Why would i lie about any of the stuff thats happeninv with the vehicle and i called the shop during the time i got. Back from montana so.it was during the week .I never said anything until i confirmed it after my shop did there test ..end of the day you got paid for taking advantage. And me being to trustworthy with skids

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
He said she said, but guys who know their car is solid hold the line on price, guys who know their shit is hurt are running the short block replacement numbers in their head and price react accordingly.

TrucidoDeus

Established Member
The only reason this car sold at this price was because I've had it up for sale since shortly after getting my GT500, nearly 6 months, and never had any action on it and I didn't want the payments through the winter when I'm planning on building up my 500.

I'm not sure how I can say this any other way. I drove it 3-4 times this summer after getting my shelby and it ran fine every time, literally the only issue I knew of was the AC compressor making noise, and that was stated... If it's honestly having the issues you're saying it is, I feel terrible, but what can I do at this point.

I won multiple shows with it and was more than willing to do whatever's necessary to make sure it was running in great shape whilst I had it. I wish you the best of luck as I truly loved that car, and so did my wife. She didn't want me to sell it, and at this point I wish I hadn't so I could have avoided all this bs.

Zemedici

Established Member
Not choosing sides here, but with the values of cobras on the rise, no one thought a $14,000 running cobra was a sort of red flag?

My totaled 10th car sold for like 11

TrucidoDeus

Established Member
Literally zero action on it, other than other ludicrous offers from people that aren't local. My only assumption was the fact that it's Screaming Yellow, and very much not a color for everyone...

Zemedici

Established Member
Did you do pulls in the car prior to sale? And you had compression test that showed engine in good standing?

svgt

Established Member
Like i said earlier your douche. Man this car is riddled with issues and i have no reason to lie about whats going on with the car im stuck with a lawn ornament. That was sold on false testimony. The shop. Ran the test here said this car will run and drive but if you wot the car past 4 k it will sputter due to spark blow out. First of all secondlythe low compression would make the vehicle feel sluggish amd hesitant at times ive driven it 3days ..in total as ..it had to be parked during the import process to canada i reallyhopeyou burn in hell for ****in. People over financially

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
How about some pics of this gem? Engine bay and all.

I’m still of the opinion that seller sold a knowingly hurt motor’d Cobra.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread