BAD SELLER

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Oh, I was talking from a personal standpoint, rather than business.

Typically if I'm ready to get rid of something, I'm ready to get rid of it. I've all but written it off.

For instance I have a rental house that I could sell and make $15-20k on...BUT the land it's on is attached to mine, and I don't want to drive by every day and see a slopfest, so instead of making money, I'm going to bulldoze it down.
Why not keep it rented and make money? Only reason I sold mine us that I made enough to pay my house off.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

svgt

Established Member
It's not he say she say anymore i have an invoice picture that id gladly post here of the low compression readings if someone would like to let me know how. and it will also show the invoice states the spark plugs were not gapped properly and every cylinder was filled with oil. and the coil connectors all have broken tabs. that he apparently replaced hope this passes your english scholars test

svgt

Established Member
and as per your repair bill of 3k the shop along with several other shops have qouted 15k for the rebuild and after looking into the motor

svgt

Established Member
Preview attachment 20181001_183629.jpg

icon_1_image_x16.png

20181001_183629.jpg
2.7 MB

Stanger00

Established Member
and as per your repair bill of 3k the shop along with several other shops have qouted 15k for the rebuild and after looking into the motor

Excuse me.

I quoted only short block rebuild, sir.

How you get it to short block is a whole different story.

You could remove motor yourself. Tear down to short block. Have shop rebuild short block and reassemble to longblock. Once in longblock form you will just need to bolt on all accessories and install back in car.

Doing it this way will save you around $8-9k in labor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

svgt

Established Member
this is for a short block rebuild and machining heads and putting all back together i do not have the tools or space to do this myself short block build came to 6298.00 then dressing the motor and and install and pulling the motor is 8627.00 this is doing it the right way and regardless of how you cut it when you buy a car you dont intend on dropping more then a grand on it in the first week of getting it yall asked for proof and there it is.
claimed he replaced with new coil packs all coil packs have broken tabs
claimed it had good compression accross all cylinders, motor is hurt and low compression and valve cover gaskets leaking
claimed he gapped and replaced spark plugs. that was a lie as well as it states in the invoice.

svgt

Established Member
THIS WAS STARTED TO LET PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THIS SKID BEFORE HE SCREWS ANOTHER PERSON OVER. ENGINE IS CURRENTLY BEING REBUILT. AND ITS OVER NOW IVE POSTED THE INVOICE OF THE FINDINGS ON HERE AND SENT IT TO THE OWNER. EASY FOR ANY OF YOU TO SITT THERE AND SAY THIS AND THAT ITS NOT YOUR WALLET THAT JUST GOT RAPED. I WAS AN IDIOT AND SHOULD HAVE WALKED AWAY, BUT THE FACT IT WAS MY DREAM CAR TO BUY THAT I WAITED 10 YEARS TO GET I WAS OVER EXCITED AND GOT BURNT END OF STORY

Stanger00

Established Member
this is for a short block rebuild and machining heads and putting all back together i do not have the tools or space to do this myself short block build came to 6298.00 then dressing the motor and and install and pulling the motor is 8627.00 this is doing it the right way and regardless of how you cut it when you buy a car you dont intend on dropping more then a grand on it in the first week of getting it yall asked for proof and there it is.
claimed he replaced with new coil packs all coil packs have broken tabs
claimed it had good compression accross all cylinders, motor is hurt and low compression and valve cover gaskets leaking
claimed he gapped and replaced spark plugs. that was a lie as well as it states in the invoice.

Is this American dollars or CAD. Those quotes look a little high.

Unless you were quoted for extra work like upgraded pistons, rings and bearings. Headwork instead of a basic valve job you opted for multi angle valve job and replace all guides. Then you should of said that.

And for $8k I'd rent a 15'x20' storage unit and will take everything apart myself. Let the shop do the real technical work and the dress and install myself. Take car back home until motor is done and then rent the storage again.

No, you don't expect to replace a motor but then again you don't expect to buy a Terminator at least $4-5k below market value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Definitely some lessons learned here. I can’t fault either side honestly. The seller may have known the issues, but there’s isn’t a way to prove it. OP maybe jumped the gun on this one, but again, it pays to do some research and know what you’re getting into.

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
Looks like you are taking it in the ass again.
R and r engine for more than the cost of the engine build , is another ****ing you are going to get with no lube .

Stanger00

Established Member

svgt

Established Member
weighing options didnt know that wasnt allowed engine is currently at the shop and i have decided to rebuild it but im trying to see if theres a used long block instead. to save money and it is per canadian prices

Users who are viewing this thread