BAD SELLER

svgt

Established Member
so i purchased a 2004 cobra from
TrucidoDeus, he claimed his car was in perfect running condition and never specified if any work was needed i asked him is there anything i need to do an he said nope its a great vehicle safe to say it wasnt in perfect running condition as soon as i picked it up and began driving i gave it a wot and it sputtered like crazy. It then blew the alternator 5 mins from his house, he installed the alternator for me but made me buy the alternator. I drove it back home very gently as i wasnt sure how it was gonna be until i got it home once i got it home i checked the spark plugs to see about the hesitation sputtering and found 5 spark plug cylinders full of oil. and all 5 coilpacks swollen from sitting in oil for so long as per the performance shop i took the vehicle to. in 4 days of driving ive replaced spark plugs, coil packs, and valve cover gaskets and seals, and an alternator. i havent even actuallly gotten to enjoy this car. not the kind of seller i expected to find on svtp

svgt

Established Member
so i purchased a 2004 cobra from
TrucidoDeus, he claimed his car was in perfect running condition and never specified if any work was needed i asked him is there anything i need to do an he said nope its a great vehicle safe to say it wasnt in perfect running condition as soon as i picked it up and began driving i gave it a wot and it sputtered like crazy. It then blew the alternator 5 mins from his house, he installed the alternator for me but made me buy the alternator. I drove it back home very gently as i wasnt sure how it was gonna be until i got it home once i got it home i checked the spark plugs to see about the hesitation sputtering and found 5 spark plug cylinders full of oil. and all 5 coilpacks swollen from sitting in oil for so long as per the performance shop i took the vehicle to. in 4 days of driving ive replaced spark plugs, coil packs, and valve cover gaskets and seals, and an alternator. i havent even actuallly gotten to enjoy this car. not the kind of seller i expected to find on svtp. I ALSO asked the guy would you be willing to cover half the cost seeing as this has been nothing but problems so far and no response

FJohnny

Established Member
What a huge drag. Was it anything that a pre-purchase inspection could have uncovered?

Hope it goes better for you from here on.

All the best.

svgt

Established Member
he claimed it had inspection done and passed and jsut replaced the spark plugs ? which clearly is bs. pre purchase inspection would not have pulled the plugs.coil packs were so swollen i had to rip them out. which is a clear sign this has been going on for a while

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Don’t take this the wrong way, but did you test drive the car at all? These issues should have been very apparent on a test drive. The alternator is par for the course on terminators, mine ate two of them, 1st one when the car was barely a year old. @TrucidoDeus Seller is a douchebag for claiming the car was in perfect working order when clearly it’s not. I honestly can’t recall ever seeing him post here, the guy has only made 48 posts in 11 years. Hope you get the car squared away and sorry you got burned bud.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
There are many many threads about why and how to do due your due diligence OP. Target fixation is a terrible thing.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Don’t take this the wrong way, but did you test drive the car at all? These issues should have been very apparent on a test drive. The alternator is par for the course on terminators, mine ate two of them, 1st one when the car was barely a year old. @TrucidoDeus Seller is a douchebag for claiming the car was in perfect working order when clearly it’s not. I honestly can’t recall ever seeing him post here, the guy has only made 48 posts in 11 years. Hope you get the car squared away and sorry you got burned bud.
This, OP of that thread bailed after it was sold to OP. Not much I can do here besides ban him, and that does nothing honestly. Tag him, and see if he replies.

svgt

Established Member
HEY GUYS ive been texting him and his telling me not his problem and on the test drive i felt the sputter but didnt open it up fully i asked him and he said oh i use alot of octane booster just spark blow out probably needs plugs is all.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
HEY GUYS ive been texting him and his telling me not his problem and on the test drive i felt the sputter but didnt open it up fully i asked him and he said oh i use alot of octane booster just spark blow out probably needs plugs is all.
From the ad.
Fresh set of NGK plugs, gapped at .026 to prevent blowout

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
i just want people to be aware incase he trys to sell another vehicle on here

Definitely not going after you OP, being the latest cautionary tale sucks, I'm sure.

How much did the car sell for? Sometimes the price itself is a clue.

svgt

Established Member
18000 OBO GOT him to 14500 as he was asking 16000 when i came on the thread and due to me flying from canada to montana to get the vehicle

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
18000 OBO GOT him to 14500 as he was asking 16000 when i came on the thread and due to me flying from canada to montana to get the vehicle

Going from 18 to 14.5 was a pretty big red flag. Coming from a long way makes it hard to walk away, he definitely took advantage of that.

Users who are viewing this thread