BAD SELLER

svgt

Established Member
thats the only reason i bought it CUS OF THE distance. Even now i told him hey man will you help pay for half the repairs seeings as ive driven this car for 4 days and have had problems every step of the way and he said no i will not pay for repairs for a car i no longer own

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
that big of a price drop should have been a huge red flag. and not doing a proper test drive is on you. ALWAYS do a test drive with the goal of finding things wrong, not finding whats right. when I test drive I def. drive it hard and do some emergency stops, and hard (not super hard) accelerations to be sure it will do what it is supposed to. I also have a mechanic standing buy to run a check on it if I should decide to buy. the seller is a douche-bag but you burned yourself buy not doing due diligence and not being willing to walk away. .. yeah the flight cost money but you wouldn't have a shit car on your hands, if you had been willing to walk away. good luck on getting it running right. at least you have the money you saved to do it with.

18000 OBO GOT him to 14500 as he was asking 16000 when i came on the thread and due to me flying from canada to montana to get the vehicle

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry to hear it, this is why I’ve not bought anything used without a WOT pull or two.

Hopefully it’s all relatively minor shit and no real damage.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Well, depending on the condition of the entire car, went from a screaming good deal to a "meh" deal after replacing the shortblock.

svgt

Established Member
Yea im literally praying that the motor is ok its at our =mustang performance shop here so his replacing the coils valve cover gasket and cleaning all the oil out im also having a compression test re done even though the seller gave me a invoice stating its above 160 acrooss all 8 cylinders

svgt

Established Member
i honestly would have had a mechanic inspect it if i wasnt coming from out of town he apparently works at ford dealer in montana so i was like ok its off svtp and he works at a dealership and has a built gt500 so he must take care of his things. My **** up was being to trustworthy and i should have walked away

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yea im literally praying that the motor is ok its at our =mustang performance shop here so his replacing the coils valve cover gasket and cleaning all the oil out I'm also having a compression test done even though the seller gave me a invoice stating it's above 160 across all 8 cylinders.
It's going to be interesting to see if your compression test agrees with the seller's invoice statement.

This thread is becoming a documentary on what NOT to do when buying an '03-'04 Cobra. Hopefully you're learned some valuable lessons, and I hope going forward that any issues found are minimal and easy fixed.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Sorry this happened to you OP. Buyer beware though. Sounds like the seller certainly could have been more straightforward but I still would have put the car through it’s paces before sealing the deal. Someone mentioned a pre-purchase inspection - and from your response it seems you thought that meant a state inspection. That’s not what was meant. This means you have an unbiased 3rd party - at your expense - inspect and drive the car - put a scanner on it and check for any codes or driveability issues - to ensure the car is mechanically 100%.

I hope things work out for you. Cars kick us in the nuts a lot...but we still keep coming back. We have issues.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
the plugs were bright yellow when i pulled them and were not gapped they were wide open
If he's using octane booster, that may be the octane booster residue on the plugs. I hear some octane boosters do that.
As for the wrong gaps,...that's another issue all together.
Good luck OP. Seller should not have been lying in the ad and selling it you as such.

Machdup1

Established Member
HEY GUYS ive been texting him and his telling me not his problem and on the test drive i felt the sputter but didnt open it up fully i asked him and he said oh i use alot of octane booster just spark blow out probably needs plugs is all.
Sorry for your trouble. The vehicle malfunctioned during the test ride. At that point if you buy the car, you own the problem.

Does not mean the seller was not a scumbag.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Sorry for the ignorance, but can a Canadian purchase a car in the US and just drive it back into Canada?

svgt

Established Member
I Want this ****in tool banned and put on blast i just did the compression test on the motor and its all under 115psi

Last edited by a moderator:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I Want this ****in tool banned and put on blast i just did the compression test on the motor and its all under 115psi

The shop did this second test or you? Not being rude but I’ve seen people get incorrect numbers before.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
how do you know that your WOT on the way home didn't blow the headgasket. Gotta wonder what all happened on that ride to Canada. you had problems with the test drive and didn't bother to get a compression test done before you handed him your money. He may be a douche but a lot of this is on you for not doing your due diligence before paying him

Users who are viewing this thread