AED's dyno tuned BOSS IM Results/Review

D.T.R

Established Member
I would like to try it. However, I am not interested in replacing my clutch and upgrading the driveline so it can survive launching at 6k. I also don't want to spin my stock motor to 7600 rpm to take advantage of the intake. So, I am going to soldier on with the stocker for now.

Mike

^ This

FIFTY

Established Member
^ I still can't make up my mind... because these results are nice but they're on e85... and I want to see more on pump 93...
Well you can at least bet on being over 450rwhp, thats what a got on 91oct...which aint bad IMO!
I would like to try it. However, I am not interested in replacing my clutch and upgrading the driveline so it can survive launching at 6k. I also don't want to spin my stock motor to 7600 rpm to take advantage of the intake. So, I am going to soldier on with the stocker for now.

I really wish the aftermarket would step up and give us something in between the stocker and the Boss.

Mike

Who's to say you need to replace the clutch, is there a high failure rate? Honestly I'm surprise you haven't broke anything yet launching at 6k LOL:rockon:

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Who's to say you need to replace the clutch, is there a high failure rate? Honestly I'm surprise you haven't broke anything yet launching at 6k LOL:rockon:

Shaun told me to replace the clutch if I was going to run the Boss and go to the strip. I do not launch at 6k right now, I launch at 4800-5000. However, I would need to launch at 6k with the Boss, or higher.

Mike

01bluesnake

Established Member
I'm just going to run my ported stock manifold for now. The gains seem to be all over with the boss manifold dyno's. I also don't feel like taking the motor upwards of 8k to justify it.

Mnstr50

Established Member
I want to hear from the folks that are still on the fence about getting the boss intake, Do these results these help with some decision making, do people still believe the stocker is better, thoughts?

This has really helped me out, since the tune came from AED. I was going to purchase the intake manifold, but it appears that Jegs has now increased the price (they use to sell for $409 literally last month, now it's up to $499). If I could get the intake for less than or equal to the old Jegs price, I would be all over it. 450rwhp on 91 is SERIOUS. I was hoping for some of the momentum to slow down on the purchases for these intakes, or at least see some used ones pop up.

I "really" want to get my hands on some ported heads, and cams (custom grind, as it appears FRPP has more lift than the current comp cam offerings). These things can sometimes "snowball' out of control. lol...

Shaun@AED

Shaun told me to replace the clutch if I was going to run the Boss and go to the strip. I do not launch at 6k right now, I launch at 4800-5000. However, I would need to launch at 6k with the Boss, or higher.

Mike

Fifty has a new stock clutch and it seems to be doing fine.
I'll have the Boss IM installed shortly and will report back how the stock clutch handles the RPM with 200+ 4500+rpm launches so far.

Stay tuned...

GeorgeInNePa

Established Member
This has really helped me out, since the tune came from AED. I was going to purchase the intake manifold, but it appears that Jegs has now increased the price (they use to sell for $409 literally last month, now it's up to $499). If I could get the intake for less than or equal to the old Jegs price, I would be all over it. 450rwhp on 91 is SERIOUS. I was hoping for some of the momentum to slow down on the purchases for these intakes, or at least see some used ones pop up.

I "really" want to get my hands on some ported heads, and cams (custom grind, as it appears FRPP has more lift than the current comp cam offerings). These things can sometimes "snowball' out of control. lol...

Tousley Ford always had the best price...

twistedneck

Established Member
The boss mod caused my clutch to stick like crazy.. i dont bother going over 7300 rpm much anymore because of it.

FIFTY

Established Member
The boss mod caused my clutch to stick like crazy.. i dont bother going over 7300 rpm much anymore because of it.

I've had only one episode of this when It was first installed, but since I've had ZERO issues with shifting her at 7500:coolman:

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Fifty has a new stock clutch and it seems to be doing fine.
I'll have the Boss IM installed shortly and will report back how the stock clutch handles the RPM with 200+ 4500+rpm launches so far.

Stay tuned...

Yes, please let me know. I only have 50 passes or so on mine, but I have 27,000 miles of daily use as well.

I launch my 3.31 Boss IM car at 53-5500, and on stock suspension I'm getting high 1.6x 60's.

If I end up with a Boss intake, I would probably run a 3.90 gear.

Mike

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Well, I bought one today. So much for my desire to gut it out with the stocker. LOL.

We will see what I can do with it.

Mike

acrbill

Established Member
I am interested in seeing what advances in tuning for the Boss have come along since I sold mine awhile ago. I felt a terrible dip in the midrange even with 4.10s.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I am interested in seeing what advances in tuning for the Boss have come along since I sold mine awhile ago. I felt a terrible dip in the midrange even with 4.10s.

My decision was influenced by the fact that Shaun will be running one on his car, so he will get it dialed in. Plan is to get the car to the track with the new drive shaft and struts with the 3.31s and see how much I can improve over the current times, then swap to the Boss and 3.73s along with a 28 inch slick.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
My decision was influenced by the fact that Shaun will be running one on his car, so he will get it dialed in. Plan is to get the car to the track with the new drive shaft and struts with the 3.31s and see how much I can improve over the current times, then swap to the Boss and 3.73s along with a 28 inch slick.

i thought you were going to play with the turbo car dude?

Users who are viewing this thread