AED's dyno tuned BOSS IM Results/Review

wbt

Banned
LOL, anything to knock it down.

Not at all. I was just curious. You want to turn into something else? :nonono:

Yes my car runs great, thanks! wbt's car is an auto! auto's are faster and more consistent than manual's all day, we've been over this before, dyno numbers are a tool I started at 395RW and now 462RW, whats not to believe? I'm not here to get into a internet fight LOL! Again regardless of air it's an AUTO!!!!

Your car does run well...one of the few who has run in the low 11's with bolt-on's.

Regarding auto's being faster....that hasn't happened yet. We have 3 manual trans cars that have run 10's. No auto's yet.

The point kdanner was making is that Dynocom dyno he uses reads high. There have been several prior heated discussions about it to add some context.

Anywho, keep it up. With more weight removed, I think you have a shot at getting into the 10's which I would personally like to see more of.

kdanner

Banned
Why are the auto cars picking up more on the back half than manual cars?

Running the numbers, looks like with the typical shift points and gear/tire combinations that the 3-4 shift happens right about or a bit after the 1/8th mile. Like 7500/28"/3.73 is good for 99 MPH in 3rd. Make it a 3.55 and it's 104 MPH. For an automatic run the numbers again, say with something like 7500/28"/3.31 and you're looking at 80 MPH in 2nd. 3.15 makes that 85 MPH. So the auto isn't shifting after the 1/8th mile, the manual is. When you're shifting, you aren't putting power to the ground. JJ's car ran a better back half than wbt's. Well, it has a 3.90 gear so he was into 4th probably around 95 MPH, before the 1/8th mile.

Don't know why the attitude is that bolt on auto cars are faster. I haven't seen one run 10.29. Now some people would throw that JPC car out of the discussion with "it's a race car and it only weighs 3000 lbs". Well it's still the fastest bolt on car, but even if you take it out of the picture, I don't see any autos running 10.88 yet either. So the statement that the autos are faster simply is not backed up with any timeslips.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Running the numbers, looks like with the typical shift points and gear/tire combinations that the 3-4 shift happens right about or a bit after the 1/8th mile. Like 7500/28"/3.73 is good for 99 MPH in 3rd. Make it a 3.55 and it's 104 MPH. For an automatic run the numbers again, say with something like 7500/28"/3.31 and you're looking at 80 MPH in 2nd. 3.15 makes that 85 MPH. So the auto isn't shifting after the 1/8th mile, the manual is. When you're shifting, you aren't putting power to the ground. JJ's car ran a better back half than wbt's. Well, it has a 3.90 gear so he was into 4th probably around 95 MPH, before the 1/8th mile.

Don't know why the attitude is that bolt on auto cars are faster. I haven't seen one run 10.29. Now some people would throw that JPC car out of the discussion with "it's a race car and it only weighs 3000 lbs". Well it's still the fastest bolt on car, but even if you take it out of the picture, I don't see any autos running 10.88 yet either. So the statement that the autos are faster simply is not backed up with any timeslips.

Mostly because with all things being equal to the auto an manual normally the auto will slightly be faster at the drag strip.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Well this whole thing about Shaun's dyno being Generous is total bullshit... I just dyno'd my car yesterday on a Dynojet at XXX Motorsports in Pensacola FL.. A dyno known to be stingy!! My car put down right at 600rwhp SAE Corrected.. The Owner of XXX Motorsports said my car is right at 627rwhp on any other Dynojet.. Guess what.. My car put down 627rwhp SAE correct on Shaun's Dyno.. The Dyno is right where it should be.. It's not generous, it's where it's at with most Dynojets..

wnt2gofst

Banned

Your car does run well...one of the few who has run in the low 11's with bolt-on's.

Regarding auto's being faster....that hasn't happened yet. We have 3 manual trans cars that have run 10's. No auto's yet.

The point kdanner was making is that Dynocom dyno he uses reads high. There have been several prior heated discussions about it to add some context.

Anywho, keep it up. With more weight removed, I think you have a shot at getting into the 10's which I would personally like to see more of.

Jeff said his dynocom reads 2-3% higher off a local dynojet. And about 13% higher then a local Mustang dyno.

from the famous tapatalk.

wbt

Banned
Well this whole thing about Shaun's dyno being Generous is total bullshit... I just dyno'd my car yesterday on a Dynojet at XXX Motorsports in Pensacola FL.. A dyno known to be stingy!! My car put down right at 600rwhp SAE Corrected.. The Owner of XXX Motorsports said my car is right at 627rwhp on any other Dynojet.. Guess what.. My car put down 627rwhp SAE correct on Shaun's Dyno.. The Dyno is right where it should be.. It's not generous, it's where it's at with most Dynojets..

We don't race dyno's now do we. Track numbers don't backup his dyno generated numbers. Believe what you want.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I wasn't racing dyno's.. Someone mentioned it's generous.. It's not.. You also gotta take with it that those were probably STD numbers not SAE..

ford20

Established Member
I wasn't racing dyno's.. Someone mentioned it's generous.. It's not.. You also gotta take with it that those were probably STD numbers not SAE..

Then why not correct it to SAE and post those numbers originally :shrug:

If the dyno isn't generous and you factor in the typical 15% Drivetrain loss for a manual and a 20% loss for an auto. Fifty's car would make 531 HP and WBT's car would make 497 at the crank yet they run almost the same time and wbt runs 3MPH faster then Fifty's. To me just simply saying it is an auto so it faster is understandable in the MPH considering wbt doesn't loose momentum when the car shifts gears but then they shouldn't run the same time unless wbt has the lighter car. Can someone educate me to this then?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Typically because they don't do SAE numbers.. I asked for mine as I know EVERYONE and there god damn mother wants to know those numbers because they read lower and that's all people care about.. I'm sure all he has to do is call up AED and ask them for the SAE numbers.. But what's the use when you have people downplaying it anyways..

CshiznitzJ

Established Member
Who cares what the dyno reads, OPs car is trapping 122 mph. That and the weight tells what kind of power it is making.

I have AED tuned car stock intake manifold 443hp on mustang dyno. Does that dyno read generous? Who cares...

FIFTY

Established Member

Well thanks, I appreciate the the complements.... my intention is to do my best to get into the 10's NA, And honestly your actually right and NA auto, I have yet to see a "bolt on" auto run 10's (yeah livernois was a built motor), but you slap a blower, or nitrous on an auto and your deep into 10's with ease.... the mt-82 blower cars are alot harder to get into 10's, that's why I said auto's are faster...

True, i'll give you that, and that's actually quite surprising you don't see more NA auto into the 10's since they respond so well to force induction...

We don't race dyno's now do we. Track numbers don't backup his dyno generated numbers. Believe what you want.
Well what *should* I be running? and yes these number are STD...

Last edited:

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
I assumed your car probably weighs in the neighborhood of 3700 with you in it (obviously plus or minus) given the trap speed and ET that puts you at 522 flywheel (using that sweet online HP calculator) and assuming 15% driveline loss thats 444hp at the tires which is pretty close to his dyno numbers. Ricer math aside the car runs damn strong!

FIFTY

Established Member
I assumed your car probably weighs in the neighborhood of 3700 with you in it (obviously plus or minus) given the trap speed and ET that puts you at 522 flywheel (using that sweet online HP calculator) and assuming 15% driveline loss thats 444hp at the tires which is pretty close to his dyno numbers. Ricer math aside the car runs damn strong!

Thanks bro:beer: BTW have you made the switch to the corn yet?

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
Thanks bro:beer: BTW have you made the switch to the corn yet?

no :( I need the 900 bucks for injectors and then the cost of the BAP. I can only imagine how retarded my car would be on the corn... That will most likely happen after i get back from Bahrain.

FIFTY

Established Member
say you wanted to switch from corn to gas can you just fill the tank and switch tunes or is there more to it?

Pretty much...... importantly just make sure all the fuel is out before making the switch, its a bit of a process, but nothing serious.

no :( I need the 900 bucks for injectors and then the cost of the BAP. I can only imagine how retarded my car would be on the corn... That will most likely happen after i get back from Bahrain.

Going with ID's?

black5.0

Established Member
OP, nice times, now I have the itch to buy the Boss IM some injectors and drive up to Shaun to tune it. Then fine some tires...

Where is everyone buying their injectors? Is that all that's needed to run the corn?

Users who are viewing this thread