AED's dyno tuned BOSS IM Results/Review

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Wow..really making me wanna run a e85 tune next year! What's the limiting factor when it comes to how high you can rev these motors? I'd love to try and make a mid-120 car with "basic" bolt ons. Was thinking Boss manifold, e85/98, billet pump gears and revving it to the moon. Any ideas?

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I shift around 7500rpms. And hopefully this month will be running e85 with Shaun's tune.

Fifty, what track are you running at? I run at sac usually.

-Thomas

kdanner

Banned
Here comes mr DA calculator.

-Thomas

LOL, anything to knock it down.

Well sure he is comparing it. I'd be comparing both slips on the left:
IMG_2007.jpg

IMG_20120414_032656.jpg

Pretty comparable, except his was 2300' air.

OP, your car runs good.

But that dyno number, as bogus as it gets. If wbt can run the same in 2300' air, then his car should put down what, nearly the same number even though he has an automatic? That would be equally as bogus as the 463 number is. You guys would be all over him if he put a dyno number like that out here, but in this case, you are mysteriously silent about it.

FIFTY

Established Member
ill beat him to it lol, 612ft for the fastest run. good runs fifty!
Thanks dude! hadn't checked the DA myself, appreciate the post:thumbsup:
LOL I guess he is supposed to drive to Colorado and run it instead of taking advantage of the good air where he lives. :rollseyes

Congrats FIFTY!
Of course right....
Wow..really making me wanna run a e85 tune next year! What's the limiting factor when it comes to how high you can rev these motors? I'd love to try and make a mid-120 car with "basic" bolt ons. Was thinking Boss manifold, e85/98, billet pump gears and revving it to the moon. Any ideas?

Do it, my car is mad quick with the boss and E85, as far as how high the coyote's can rev.....:shrug:
I shift around 7500rpms. And hopefully this month will be running e85 with Shaun's tune.

Fifty, what track are you running at? I run at sac usually.

-Thomas
Sac all day I'd get kicked off anywhere else:)
Forgot to ask earlier, what's your suspension setup? Or is it all stock?
K springs, tokico D, panhard bar/brace, and BMR relocation brackets, and thats it, It's probably time for an upper though, starting to fell that hoop:fm:

FIFTY

Established Member
Well sure he is comparing it. I'd be comparing both slips on the left:
IMG_2007.jpg

IMG_20120414_032656.jpg

Pretty comparable, except his was 2300' air.

OP, your car runs good.

But that dyno number, as bogus as it gets. If wbt can run the same in 2300' air, then his car should put down what, nearly the same number even though he has an automatic? That would be equally as bogus as the 463 number is. You guys would be all over him if he put a dyno number like that out here, but in this case, you are mysteriously silent about it.

Yes my car runs great, thanks! wbt's car is an auto! auto's are faster and more consistent than manual's all day, we've been over this before, dyno numbers are a tool I started at 395RW and now 462RW, whats not to believe? I'm not here to get into a internet fight LOL! Again regardless of air it's an AUTO!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread