AED's dyno tuned BOSS IM Results/Review

wnt2gofst

Banned
Shaun-

What is the cost for the stock intake to be ported? Can I get way with the stock injectors for an e85 tune? I want to go with ID1000's later with a blower, but currently want to get as much out of the stock (or near stock) hardware as possible.

What's your opinion on the Boss intake? So much controversy and mixed emotions on this topic.

How high can you wrap a stock coyote? (7000-7200rpm)???

Stock injectors are not going to cut it for E85.

Without the boss intake no real reason to take about 7100-7200. Even with ported intake

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Mnstr50

Established Member
Stock injectors are not going to cut it for E85.

Without the boss intake no real reason to take about 7100-7200. Even with ported intake

I guess I should have been more clear. I was trying to find out the max RPM on the stock coyote valve train when swapping a Boss intake on it (when does valve float occur with the stock springs).

BV600

Established Member
Your fine n/a at 7500-7600. The 2012 In my Sig was taken to 7600rpm with around 600whp and never any issues. The guy I sold it to is still beating the shit outta it on the autobahn.

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
I guess I should have been more clear. I was trying to find out the max RPM on the stock coyote valve train when swapping a Boss intake on it (when does valve float occur with the stock springs).

its no different then stock, your on borrowed time when you start raising that rev limiter

Mnstr50

Established Member
its no different then stock, your on borrowed time when you start raising that rev limiter

My thought exactly. I am curious to know if springs can be replaced with the heads still on the engine and in the car. I suppose with all the work involved in getting the cams out of the way, it's probably best to just pull the heads to get the springs replaced.

Same concern stands for the oil pump (expended high RPM durability).

back to the OP-

I am very impressed with these numbers, and Shaun WILL be doing my tune once I'm prepared to go that direction.

ArtVandalay16

Established Member
Vicious jay, upgraded injectors are highly recommended if your tuner is going to take full advantage of what e85 has to offer. Also, 7500 and below is t necessarily on borrowed time...spinning past those Rs' then yes I would agree.

wnt2gofst

Banned
wrong, 04sleeper is doing just fine on stock injectors

With full bolt ons its not going to.cut it. You will be maxing them out. Why you think they are switching to 47's. You need on average of 40% more fuel. Stocks are not going to cut it less you run them over duty cycle. If just tune, and E85 and like cold air. Not pushing Max power like doing in this thread with full bolt ons.

FIFTY

Established Member
Vicious jay, upgraded injectors are highly recommended if your tuner is going to take full advantage of what e85 has to offer. Also, 7500 and below is t necessarily on borrowed time...spinning past those Rs' then yes I would agree.

Shaun wouldn't even TOUCH my car without injectors!!!

65sohc

Established Member
I would sure like to see the before and after comparisons overlay-ed.

All N/A Coyote dyno results I've seen have the same 2 humps in the middle of the powerband regardless of which intake manifold is used.
2011 Mustang GT Dyno Data Summary

Those seem to be strangely missing as well....

Just for comparisons sake, here is my M6 car on a Dynocom dyno with no other changes made vs. the Dynojet:
DynocomRun.jpg

As with wnt2gofst, there seems to be some resolution lost in the Dynocom graphs. The humps in the middle are there, just not as pronounced.

I mentioned that to Shaun when he was tuning my car and he was able to eliminate 90% of it.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
With full bolt ons its not going to.cut it. You will be maxing them out. Why you think they are switching to 47's. You need on average of 40% more fuel. Stocks are not going to cut it less you run them over duty cycle. If just tune, and E85 and like cold air. Not pushing Max power like doing in this thread with full bolt ons.

Correct. My car is 100% stock right down to the air filter. It was JUST enough when I tuned it.

65sohc

Established Member
35 hp difference on 91 octane is a mystery to me, as is the extra 7 mpg.

FIFTY

Established Member
I want to hear from the folks that are still on the fence about getting the boss intake, Do these results these help with some decision making, do people still believe the stocker is better, thoughts?

D.T.R

Established Member
^ I still can't make up my mind... because these results are nice but they're on e85... and I want to see more on pump 93...

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
i just did a boss manifold, accufab TB, and steeda boss intake on my car. dyno results within the next few days

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I want to hear from the folks that are still on the fence about getting the boss intake, Do these results these help with some decision making, do people still believe the stocker is better, thoughts?

I would like to try it. However, I am not interested in replacing my clutch and upgrading the driveline so it can survive launching at 6k. I also don't want to spin my stock motor to 7600 rpm to take advantage of the intake. So, I am going to soldier on with the stocker for now.

I really wish the aftermarket would step up and give us something in between the stocker and the Boss.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread