101mm turbo on stock motor= 500hp?

01yellercobra

Established Member
I think the reason for the lack of low end torque on the centri set ups is because people buy a bigger blower and then pulley it down to make low boost. So the blower isn't hitting it's efficiency range until the engine is almost at redline. When the blower is spun harder at the low end the torque comes up quite a bit. I know spinning my D1 harder made a difference in the torque. Hell, my dyno graph from when I was blown almost looks like a twin screw.

I just noticed I posted something informative in this thread. My sincerest apologies. You should throw some carbon fiber springs on the car to lighten it up and help with the hole shot.

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
So you think in the fall when I step it up to 22 psi ill break into the 700's?

I don't see why you wouldn't.

I think the reason for the lack of low end torque on the centri set ups is because people buy a bigger blower and then pulley it down to make low boost. So the blower isn't hitting it's efficiency range until the engine is almost at redline. When the blower is spun harder at the low end the torque comes up quite a bit. I know spinning my D1 harder made a difference in the torque. Hell, my dyno graph from when I was blown almost looks like a twin screw.

I think that is only 1 part of the puzzle.. The reason why you and I made so much tq is due to the big bore motors that we have.. My tq is insane when you compare it to a 281ci motor w/ a similar setup.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I think that is only 1 part of the puzzle.. The reason why you and I made so much tq is due to the big bore motors that we have.. My tq is insane when you compare it to a 281ci motor w/ a similar setup.

That's why I always wanted the big bore stroker. I knew I was always going to have a centri. My theory was the bigger cubes would help the low end torque before the centri really kicked in.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Exactly my thought too when I was building this motor.. I couldn't afford to stroke it or I would have, and trust me there isn't a day now that goes by that I don't think about what that extra 20ci would have done lol!!

01yellercobra

Established Member
Exactly my thought too when I was building this motor.. I couldn't afford to stroke it or I would have, and trust me there isn't a day now that goes by that I don't think about what that extra 20ci would have done lol!!

I got semi lucky. I found a 323 shortblock on the forum for a steal of a price. The only thing left from that shortblock is the crank and rods. Even N/A it's a noticable difference between my set up and a 4.6. We have an 06 vert and it just doesn't have the low end punch mine has.

JP_Stang

Established Member
My motor has stock stroke and bore, will I not make decent torque due to that? 98 and Encased, I don't know if you remember my build details but I was going to try to push the limits of my stock fuel lines, rails and 2-255's inline and try to hit the 600whp mark.... Well things changed and now have big rails, -10 feed/-8 return and will be picking up an 03/04 Cobra tank, Fore dual hat w/255's from a fellow member here soon. No more fuel concerns for me! :) Do you think I will hit over the 600whp mark now?

Oh, I have an intercooled T-trim w/3" RR pulley, 10% overdrive and Meth.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I got semi lucky. I found a 323 shortblock on the forum for a steal of a price. The only thing left from that shortblock is the crank and rods. Even N/A it's a noticable difference between my set up and a 4.6. We have an 06 vert and it just doesn't have the low end punch mine has.

Yea I hear ya on that.. My low end is awesome.. the 4.10's help too

My motor has stock stroke and bore, will I not make decent torque due to that? 98 and Encased, I don't know if you remember my build details but I was going to try to push the limits of my stock fuel lines, rails and 2-255's inline and try to hit the 600whp mark.... Well things changed and now have big rails, -10 feed/-8 return and will be picking up an 03/04 Cobra tank, Fore dual hat w/255's from a fellow member here soon. No more fuel concerns for me! :) Do you think I will hit over the 600whp mark now?

Oh, I have an intercooled T-trim w/3" RR pulley, 10% overdrive and Meth.

Yea you should have the 600rwhp mark for sure.. as long as your spinning that blower to almost max rpm there is no reason why you shouldn't.. and ofcoarse the supporting mods like exhaust, maf, etc.. :beer:

JP_Stang

Established Member
Yeah, I have the MAF (PMAS w/3" tube) and Hooker LT's w/3" x-pipe and 3" MAC's. I should be spinning the blower past it's recommended max speed @ 7000rpm. I should be right at the max impeller speed at 6700. I am hoping to see 18-19 psi.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
btw- my local seven eleven is out of stock on the NOS so I'm gonna have to go to Sam's Club or Costco to stock up for the 200 shot

01yellercobra

Established Member
You should try the DUB series of Monster. I heard it adds 50hp and makes the turbo spool like a twin screw.

Users who are viewing this thread