101mm turbo on stock motor= 500hp?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
But much like the OP I'm on a budget.. So I'm going to source the turbo's from some old school turbo trucks.. The wings will be made out of ABS plastic..

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
101mm is such a small turbo. A real man would run a 114mm on a V8. I run 91s on 4 cylinders and 101s on straight 6s. :rockon:

Twin 114s is where the real money is.

I would run 2 positive displacement blowers on a 4 cylinder so it would converted into a legit "V8" in shape and up the cubes.

Ironhand

Banned
^^ WUT he said.. I'm personally doing some hybrid shit..

If the Veyron has 4 turbo's why can't I?? I'm running twin 91's up front and then twin 91's in the rear like the STS systems yo!! NOT to mention twin waste gates and bov on each turbo.. I win. PLUS you know I got that nawz on there too.

I have TWELVE turbos AND a 5,000 shot of NAWZZZ!! What son!

remember I'm keeping the entire budget to 2k. twin 114's will at least put me at 3k and probably 600rwhp so that's out.

Well if you're going to be cheap then you will have to "make do" with twin 88s. But you will completely lack top end power. Your IAT temps will also be high so back the timing down on your megasquirt system to help protect the stock hypereutectic pistons.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
But much like the OP I'm on a budget.. So I'm going to source the turbo's from some old school turbo trucks.. The wings will be made out of ABS plastic..

what would really be funny is if your wings actually forced you into the ground due to the ground force. So my suggestion is to place a spoiler on the hood to help with take off. The ricer community has been using this trick for years.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member

Well if you're going to be cheap then you will have to "make do" with twin 88s. But you will completely lack top end power. Your IAT temps will also be high so back the timing down on your megasquirt system to help protect the stock hypereutectic pistons.

sounds like I need to find room in my budget for one of them"Twilight" knock detection systems then

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member

:bs: :lol: :banana:

what would really be funny is if your wings actually forced you into the ground due to the ground force. So my suggestion is to place a spoiler on the hood to help with take off. The ricer community has been using this trick for years.

shit you're right.. alright I'll factor that in.. Thank god I have you guys to bounce these killer ideas off of

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
IRONHAND- if you have 12 turbos and you're following the veyron formula, I guess you have 48 radiators? 4 for each turbo is the way it goes right?

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
I only have 24 radiators but they are twice the size.

that just sounds like your asking for trouble. well I hope they're all made from carbon fiber sinces it's stronger than metal and lighter. see if you'd just follow my lead with the 101mm turbo you wouldn't even need an intercooler, let alone 24 of them

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
That actually works.

well the teenagers seem to love them so why not?

what's actually funny is that's the first thing I thought of when I read about the "Vampire" knock protection for the first time, even though I seriously never seen the twilight movies.

Last edited:

Ironhand

Banned
that just sounds like your asking for trouble. well I hope they're all made from carbon fiber sinces it's stronger than metal and lighter. see if you'd just follow my lead with the 101mm turbo you wouldn't even need an intercooler, let alone 24 of them

Carbon fiber is for cheap asses that cant afford titanium.

well the teenagers seem to love them so why not?

what's actually funny is that's the first thing I thought of when I read about the "Vampire" knock protection for the first time, even though I seriously never seen the twilight movies.

Nice reference to a movie you have "never" see before. :dw:

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
I have got to find out is adamantium is for real or not. I'd hate to hit a wall on the track with my newfound 500 ponies. I bet if I asked hard enough the NHRA wouldn't require a cage if my car was covered in adamantium. wouldn't have to polish anything either. **** yes!

Ironhand

Banned
I have got to find out is adamantium is for real or not. I'd hate to hit a wall on the track with my newfound 500 ponies. I bet if I asked hard enough the NHRA wouldn't require a cage if my car was covered in adamantium. wouldn't have to polish anything either. **** yes!

More like 475 :rollseyes

MGC

Established Member
Automatics and turbos are for diesels.

speaking of diesels, I hear those guys run like 18:1 compression and 80 or so PSI of boost, I want to try that, will I need head studs? How about a lift pump or dual CP3's? Will I have to change to glow plugs?

Users who are viewing this thread