what's your work daily commute?

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
3.0 miles each way (7 minutes). Y'all are crazy with the 50-100 mile one-way commutes!

California I had one commute of 16 miles which took 40 mins to 2 hours. One year, the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, it took me 4 hours to get home. My other commute in California was 10.1 miles and took 20 mins to an hour.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
22 miles each way. Rarely any traffic, unless there's an accident or a snow storm. Usually takes 25 minutes each way.

There's only one way across the river though, without going 20 miles out of my way, so it can be a problem if something occurs on the bridge like it did once this summer. Took me a little over 2 hours to get home.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
22 miles each way. Rarely any traffic, unless there's an accident or a snow storm. Usually takes 25 minutes each way.

There's only one way across the river though, without going 20 miles out of my way, so it can be a problem if something occurs on the bridge like it did once this summer. Took me a little over 2 hours to get home.

This is the perfect commute IMO.

About 25-30 min. I’ve done it many times over my career. Gives you enough time in the morning to enjoy some coffee on the way in and fully wake up.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
This is the perfect commute IMO.

About 25-30 min. I’ve done it many times over my career. Gives you enough time in the morning to enjoy some coffee on the way in and fully wake up.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
I'm far enough away from the city to have peace and quiet, ride dirt bikes and snowmobiles right out of the shed and hunt right out back by the lake. Yet close enough to go to a nice restaurant for dinnah if I want.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I'm far enough away from the city to have peace and quiet, ride dirt bikes and snowmobiles right out of the shed and hunt right out back by the lake. Yet close enough to go to a nice restaurant for dinnah if I want.

I don’t have nice restaurants within 100 miles :(

NC STANG GUY

03 gone but not forgotten
Established Member
30-34.5 miles each way depending on which way I go.
Opened a new bypass around the town I live in southeast of Charlotte,NC which is much quicker/avoids 25 stop lights but is also toll road.
Have a beater 01 Honda Accord for the back and forth so the toys never have to sit out or see the miles.

_Snake_

Established Member
39 miles each way. Most of it is on the interstate with a 70 mph speed limit, and I’ve done 35 min door to door without pushing it too hard. Typical day is 45-50 min per leg.

CV355

_
Established Member
4 minutes total each way.

I've had up to 45min each way, but I really hate driving (love cars, hate driving), so I opted to move closer to work to eliminate the commute.

I work with people who commute up to 2.5hrs each way. No idea how they do it. 45 minutes each way was enough to push me to near aneurysm most days.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I think about 15-20 steps to the coffee pot. Then 5 or so to the laptop.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
@RI-SVT are you in Rhode Island? I was born in Providence, grew up and lived in Cranston and Johnston. I remember when I live there, driving 30 miles for anything but to got to Foxwoods seemed insane. True is, if you're at city hall in downtown Providence and drive west for 30 minutes, you left the state driving from one side to the other.

I have been blessed with working from home on and off over the years. That's what I have been doing most recently. However, the worst commute I had since moving to the DC area was 35 miles each way, but depending on traffic, a round trip commute has never been less than 3 hours. It's been as bad as 5 hours round trip.

To add injury to insult, $700 a month for parking, $20 a day in tolls, and about $90 a week in gas, it cost me over $18k a year to commute. Working from home gave me a huge pay increase. LoL

I wish I could have a DC income with RI expenses and commute. It would be a dream come true.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
10 miles each way and its about 20 minutes coming and going.
Wife drives 55 miles at an hour to hour and half depending on how many wrecks happen in Houston.

Users who are viewing this thread